How do you feel about your looks?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 2:53 pm

I don't think I've ever been pretty. I've been described as "striking" because I have a big nose. (I've heard the word "striking" described jokingly as "Pretty with a big nose.") I also don't wear any make up and cut my own hair. I've never really tried to be pretty. I think it has served me well as I think I have gotten less hassles and harassment (though I still got some) and the partners I've had have liked me for me.

Are you okay with how you look? Do you wish you were better looking?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 3:29 pm

I used to dislike the way I looked, but never quite lost hope that I was wrong. As I got into my 20s I got a bit more confidence and I started to think I looked better. After that I stopped worrying about it much, and figured that life was more about what I did than what I looked like. Of course ageing changes the appearance a lot.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 3:44 pm

I don’t like the way I look. I usually avoid mirrors and having my picture taken for that reason. Looking back, I think I was mildly attractive when I was younger, but I’m not anymore. It’s weird because I never think that other people are ugly.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 3:56 pm

I'm fat and hideous. That is all.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 4:11 pm

In spite of what I said about myself not being pretty (trying to be somewhat objective) I think everyone is pretty in some way. At the very least no one is ugly.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 4:32 pm

^I'd agree with that. I've always felt that you can find something pretty or interesting in an attractive way about most people, if you care to try. But I've had that conversation with people who feel differently so maybe that's not a universal thing.

I've never really liked the way I look. Losing my hair early was a big blow to an already self-conscious 16-year-old. I don't think the way I look really reflects my personality. I look grumpy and thuggish - I think. I'd rather be smaller, slighter and hairier!

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 4:52 pm

I don't care about how I look. I've been told I'm attractive but I don't see that as a compliment, since I don't look this way on purpose. Recently I have started to care more about looking good, but mainly for my own amusement. And what looks "good" to me will probably look "weird" to most people.

On the other hand, I do have a hobby of taking deliberately unflattering pictures of myself. This is mainly to be contrarian to certain people who obsess over looking perfect all the time, and just because I find it funny. I wish I could share some of my work without including my face, but trust me, they're awful.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 6:59 pm

I have some preferences, but no insecurities.

I can be way more attractive if I cared and actually tried hard enough.

The way I dress and do my hair is sensory based first, fashion and style second.
My cleanliness can only be dictated by my current executive function or/and energy of the day. Posture is mostly dictated by my mood and state of health in mind and body.

My skin; complexion and facial stuff? I don't do make up. I'm barely mindful of the sun.
If I want to change something, it's to make a point. My skin routine is simple enough; that still doesn't take away whatever hormonal imbalances I've been dealing with.

For my figures? My dietary habits are much to be desired but I luck out on genetics and habitual walking.
I don't need anything bigger or smaller. Though finding footwear for my foot size is a headache.

I may look great and fit on the outside, but not so in the inside. I truly want to be healthy, figures be damned.

Well, I only have one or two particular annoyance related to my looks.

I find having certain moles on me annoying to look at.
I want it gone, but mostly because touching it hurts when I ended up scratching it.

:lol: And the tan lines of my feet just looks funny to look at.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 7:37 pm

I have had various comments on my looks over the years, mostly when I was on social media (not in the past couple of years at least).

From what I can gather, my best facial features according to others are my:

1) Lips
2) Eyebrows
3) Teeth (I had braces in my late twenties)

I'd say I'm fairly average looking in general.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 7:44 pm

I guess what Roald Dahl wrote in The Twits (one of my favorite books as a kid) was true. When you have ugly thoughts, it begins to show on your face, and as you continue to have them, you gradually get uglier and uglier. Mrs. Twit was an ugly old hag, but she didn't always look that way. She actually had a nice face when she was young. She got ugly because she wouldn't stop thinking ugly thoughts all the time.

Except Mrs. Twit's thoughts were ugly because they were evil. Some of mine are evil too, but mostly they're dark and depressing. At least I don't wear a glass eye that's always looking the other way.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 10:00 pm

I wish my hands and my nose were larger. I'd like to have my breasts removed. Other than that, I'm comfortable with my appearance.

Elwyn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Sep 2024, 12:36 am

When I was a kid, I wanted to fit in with my peers so badly. I hated how I looked. I have light blonde hair and was pale, so I got called a lot of names like casper and they also said I was albino.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve tried to feel more comfortable in my own skin. There are still things I wish I could change, I suppose. I’ve mostly been called "cute" in adulthood. I've had three people in the past 2 months say I look like I am from the Midwest. I'm not sure what they meant by that, so I asked my friend who is from Michigan. She said it's because I look like a milkmaid. I still don't know what that means. Then she said it means I look healthy.
I'm glad I look healthy.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 1:35 am

Any symmetry of my features was offset with big ears, gappy teeth and being a foot taller than my peers.
Until I grew into my face, grew long hair and stopped getting taller.
Was happy with my face after that...

Not so sure now that it takes so long to de-smile my eyes. :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 5:25 am

When I was growing up, the only people who would tell me I was good-looking were older relatives.

I would look in the mirror and see only a skinny, sickly-looking kid with an eczema rash all over his face and body, buck teeth, and hair that would never stay in place unless it was heavily slicked down.

Whom did they think they were kidding?  I could SEE the truth!

I gradually grew out of it, and eventually found the right diet and treatments for my skin.

But to this day, I consider my looks as only "not bad for a man in his late sixties".

My wife thinks I'm handsome, and that's really all that matters to me insofar as my looks are concerned.

:heart:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 7:40 am

I look just average, like everybody else. Although my bullies in elementary school kept telling me all the time that I was - let me quote them - "fugly".

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 3:13 pm

I think I'm pretty average these days.
When I was younger, people used to tell me I was good looking and should consider modeling.
My uncle was a model so maybe the 'model look' runs in the family.
I think its more about the posture and the thousand yard stare than any particular gorgeousness - anyway I'm not tall enough.
Now I'm going grey and wrinkling up, there could be a future career in advertisement modeling for retirement homes or stairlifts, lol