Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 756 of 2066 [ 33055 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 753, 754, 755, 756, 757, 758, 759 ... 2066  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 7:57 am

Jory wrote:
My laptop battery now seems incapable of charging past 82% capacity, and 8 gigs of RAM is becoming increasingly inadequate.

The former is expected from a laptop that's two years old, but the latter I can probably blame on today's websites overloading everyone's browsers with video ads.

Eight gigs should be plenty. How many browser tabs do you have open? What are you using for an OS and browser?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 8:02 am

nothing.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 12:46 pm

The turkey breast that I bought today smells slightly off. I'm not going to eat it.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 1:11 pm

I opened a couple of hours ago a phone-book account for all numbers in Finland. It's next to free, but instructions to activate it are so lousy that I had to call their customer support to find out how it's supposed to work. Needless to say, this support number is found nowhere in the internet, so I had to dial their hot-line number to find it. And this hot-line can cost you fortunes. Well, everything works now but my next bill will display an extra charge of €15 or so.

Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2015, 1:18 pm

I have a friend who's husband's brother was killed last week in a car crash. 1 week today. I'm very concerned for her and for all this family. They are good people

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 2:03 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Jory wrote:
My laptop battery now seems incapable of charging past 82% capacity, and 8 gigs of RAM is becoming increasingly inadequate.

The former is expected from a laptop that's two years old, but the latter I can probably blame on today's websites overloading everyone's browsers with video ads.

Eight gigs should be plenty. How many browser tabs do you have open? What are you using for an OS and browser?

Usually no more than a couple of tabs. Windows 8.1, Firefox.

I have to use NoScript because every website these days seems to be running a dozen scripts in the background, but I still get bogged down by video ads that creep through.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

17 Jun 2015, 2:45 pm

I still have to keep logging in to this site every few minutes.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 3:04 pm

stupid broadcom chipset

and I slept for like ten hours but I still feel tired

how is this even possible

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 9:31 pm

Jory wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Jory wrote:

Usually no more than a couple of tabs. Windows 8.1, Firefox.

I have to use NoScript because every website these days seems to be running a dozen scripts in the background, but I still get bogged down by video ads that creep through.

That's strange. Have you tried running uBlock Origin? Also, do a sweep for malware. It may even be a good idea to install a fresh copy of Windows.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 8:27 am

I thought I was deleting a text message but too late I found I had deleted an entire conversation thread.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 9:04 am

I am waiting for my mom.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 10:38 am

nouedis wrote:
The one thing that made me unhappy in general (not just today) was the fact that this chick I'm talking to is being a complete b***h all because I didn't see her for 2 days this past weekend. It makes sense to a certain extent, but once you start analyzing things, it really exposes the true colors of everything going on. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting, but I could be right for all we know. I mean, we used to like each other back in 2011 and now a couple years later we're finally talking and dating and calling and texting and s**t, but after not seeing her for the weekend - like I keep mentioning - she went from being my RX Queen (Deftones reference evidently) to being Cruela de Vil. Oh, one more thing, I keep getting told women use their vagina for control towards men - which I can slightly agree upon. So, we f****d like the second date - oh, it was also the second time ever freaking meeting & ever since then she's been acting way off and stuff. I don't know, maybe one of you will tell me she's a whore or something. One last thing, she told me her ex logged on to her Instagram this past Sunday...maybe I'm a rebound? I don't know like I keep mentioning.

PLS HALP~

I'm not good with relationships, especially when it comes to people who refuse to communicate everything... It's far too confusing :/
Have you tried sitting down with her to talk about how it's making you feel? The only way these things can come to some sort of resolution is if both parties communicate :(

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 11:09 am

Tiredness.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 11:40 am

having a hard time

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 7:47 pm

It's hot and humid.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 11:58 pm

viewing the 11th image in the 'images in numbers' thread makes my computer crash.

I don't know what it is with linux and jpegs, when I was using debian I had this same problem.

I don't think technology likes to work when I'm around :roll: