Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 779 of 2067 [ 33058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 776, 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782 ... 2067  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 6:19 am

I got the 9V batteries a while ago to put in but I don't know how to take the cover off the alarms.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 7:32 am

I'm assuming they all aren't the same.

The ones here twist off (the whole unit) and you pull 'em out a bit and you'll see exposed wires connected to the unit -- you have to turn the main power off here as I'm pretty sure you can't touch said wires. That's what I do anyway (so, I replace the batteries in the dark with a torch for light).

There's a screw on the off side that you undo and the battery compartment can be flipped open.

Again, these are the ones here; I'm guessing they're different all over the place.

Myriad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2015, 9:55 am

I have to get up early in the morning but I won't be able to sleep while the neighbours are partying next door... Not everyone gets to sleep in on a Sunday morning!

:x

AQ: 39 / 50

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 12:09 pm

Traffic in the city was bad when I went to get my hair cut.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 1:09 am

A visit from my mother.
Same old same old.
My life is wrong.
My beliefs are wrong.
My attitude is wrong.
I'm wrong.
It's just WRONG.

Love you too Mum.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 2:14 am

My feet are feeling very cold for some reason. They are cold to the point of feeling painful. It's not even a particularly cold day.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 3:36 am

And now I'm having a slight headache. I think I'm a bit sick.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 3:44 am

Hey JK, IDK but it may be helpful if you wear couple of socks and then wear plastic bags to keep your warmth inside...

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 5:58 am

^ Thanks for the suggestion. I actually already had thermal socks and warm fluffy boots on when I posted, as it's still early spring/the end of winter here. Now after staying in bed (and sleeping a bit) my feet are feeling warm. Plastic bags sound like a good idea. I will try that next time.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 9:08 am

I stiff neck over the last three days. I just took a muscle relaxant.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 10:18 am

I went to a family event for father's day. I had to listen to my wealthy aunt talk about how her genius daughters are getting strait As all the time. Her daughters didn't attend because both were home studying fr their upcoming exams (which are a whole month away?)

Her younger daughter is studying for her year 8 exams. I didn't have exams in year 8. I didn't have exams until year 11. She's 13 and she has exams?

Her older daughter needs good grades so next year (year 11) she can take year 12 biology so when she's in real year 12 she can take the full 5 subjects, after already having done biology, effectively giving her 6 year 12 subjects instead of the normal 5, thus leading to a higher ATAR score.

When I was her age (15) I didn't even know what an ATAR score was (uni entrance score). When I graduated high school at 18 I didn't know what an ATAR score was. I didn't know if I went to a crappy school or if I was a poor student.

Yes they did have them at the time (I checked) and my score? No score. No not zero, just not a number at all. Only some of the subjects I chose were ATAR approved subjects, not all of them. So no score. They didn't tell me that. Why do they even have those subjects?

She wants to be a vet, 7 year degree and hard to even get into. But "she works hard" according to my evil aunt. Of course she does. I bet she spends every weekend and every weekday evening studying constantly. Me? I try to study for my crappy community college course on the weekend but it ends up being like half an hour studying, one hour browsing the web and then another break to drive to the shops. I bet students like her study constantly or at least enough so that their breaks aren't longer than their study sessions.

I just can't sustain my concentration like other students can. I'm not great at long term planning either. She's 15 and she already knows precisely how to get into university. When I was 15 I was coming up with plans to avoid university (unfortunately they worked). She even has a trick to improve her ATAR score with 6 subjects instead of 5. Me? I still don't know which subjects I should pick at Poverty Row Community College. I have a vague idea of my future study and subsequent career. I can't figure out the details.

In 3 years she'll be 18 and in first year at university. In 5 years I'll be 32 and in first year at university. Her evil mother started university at 18 and had a grad-degree when she was younger than I am now :wall:

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 1:38 am

jk1 wrote:
Plastic bags sound like a good idea. I will try that next time.
(Sorry for having called you JK instead of jk1)
THis plastic bag LOOKs coooool by the way..yeah..sort of..

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 3:58 am

^ The combination of blue, orange and white looks rather fashionable, doesn't it? But I'd rather wear green and orange plastic bags. Blue doesn't look good on me. I'm very fussy about fashion. hehe

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 5:41 am

Good tip Drawyer.
I've been having cold feet for days now.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 7:22 am

....I Hope you feel better soon....

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

I've forgotten I'm wearing this, lol.
Yeah, it's warm and cozy. :D

1st layer: just socks