Post something that made you HAPPY today.

Page 836 of 2123 [ 33960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 833, 834, 835, 836, 837, 838, 839 ... 2123  Next

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
It was below 60 degrees F, this morning----YAAAAAAAAY!! I can't wait 'til the daytime temps, are like that!

Pardon moi, but is 60 F warm or chilly? What is it in the centigrade?

EthosNKA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2015, 3:35 pm

Nutella :P

Vegeta1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2015, 4:27 pm

Making a pasta bake that was actually tasty

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm

Krabo wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
It was below 60 degrees F, this morning----YAAAAAAAAY!! I can't wait 'til the daytime temps, are like that!

Pardon moi, but is 60 F warm or chilly? What is it in the centigrade?

60 F = 15.55 C

A nice day

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 12:25 am

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 5:27 am

Somehow I ended up with two cheeseburgers in my Maccas meal 8)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 8:19 am

i was generically happy today until i considered the true definition of happiness, and came to the conclusion that i did not know what it is and never would.
but if i knew exactly what happiness was (i reasoned) , then i would have a higher probability of ruling out my states of mind as being happy, and i would never really know how to compare what i feel with what the rules are for being defined as happy, and so i was "happy" that that was the case.

i then became "happier" when i discounted the question as "of no importance", and made some coffee and just spectated out my window at nothing except for what immediately caught my attention............which was:
there is a spider that lives in a small matted web on the inside of my windowsill, and i noticed it a few weeks ago when the days started to become warmer, and it emerged into view and started to refurbish his old neglected web that was dormant over winter. i then forgot about him (it is actually a her i think) until today when i noticed a fly crawling around inside the window trying to find a way out.

i started to feel sorry for the fly because i was contemplating his life. how many days has he lived? where has he flown during his short life? what "close calls" has he narrowly avoided with artful dodgery in his time? did he ever mate?
now he was reduced to a forlorn dusty husk of his former self, and he crawled with rapidly depleting vigor around the window hoping he would magically find a way out (silly mind which is kind of cute).

i decided i had to rescue him and i knew that he was almost dried out, and it has not rained outside for days, so immediate release would probably be detrimental to him, so i sprayed some water from a nebulizer (uncontaminated) on him so he could soak up some water before i cupped him and released him outside.

i watched as he regained some vitality after a few minutes, and then...pounce! the spider sprang out from his little webbed hole and struck the fly and immediately immobilized it and i was at once sad and happy. sad for the fly's demise, but happy that the spider who had had nothing to eat for months and had waited patiently all that time finally got to eat.

then i started to wonder how boring it must have been for the spider to sit there and do nothing but wait for months.
it is well for him that he does not have any imagination or else he would have been tortured by lack of stimulation.

it took a couple of hours for this simple private aspect of my day to transpire, and i was so happy that i am financially secure enough to not have any obligations to be anywhere at any time. what a world of wonder i can live in.

i wondered about what is going through the minds of all those truck drivers caught in traffic jams and stressed about getting their deliveries done, and all the labourers who are toiling away at arduous jobs who would like to be able to just live their lives for free, but nevertheless are compelled to work their backsides off for all their healthy lives just so they can have somewhere to sleep with their family that they need not fear being kicked out of.

wow i am lucky. but am i happy? or am i smug?
it feels good so i guess i do not care what i am.

but the fly is dead and the spider is fed and i guess that is all that need be said.

Last edited by b9 on 17 Sep 2015, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 8:36 am

Weird thing make me smile.

jake waldin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2015, 9:51 am

Sometimes the things that make you the happiest are the simplest.

jake waldin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2015, 9:53 am

blue_bean wrote:
Somehow I ended up with two cheeseburgers in my Maccas meal 8)

what a bonus, just like getting a pay rise.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 10:03 am

My coffee is nearly done percolating.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 10:15 am

b9 wrote:
i was generically happy today until i considered the true definition of happiness, and came to the conclusion that i did not know what it is and never would.
but if i knew exactly what happiness was (i reasoned) , then i would have a higher probability of ruling out my states of mind as being happy, and i would never really know how to compare what i feel with what the rules are for being defined as happy, and so i was "happy" that that was the case.

i then became "happier" when i discounted the question as "of no importance", and made some coffee and just spectated out my window at nothing except for what immediately caught my attention............which was:
there is a spider that lives in a small matted web on the inside of my windowsill, and i noticed it a few weeks ago when the days started to become warmer, and it emerged into view and started to refurbish his old neglected web that was dormant over winter. i then forgot about him (it is actually a her i think) until today when i noticed a fly crawling around inside the window trying to find a way out.

i started to feel sorry for the fly because i was contemplating his life. how many days has he lived? where has he flown during his short life? what "close calls" has he narrowly avoided with artful dodgery in his time? did he ever mate?
now he was reduced to a forlorn dusty husk of his former self, and he crawled with rapidly depleting vigor around the window hoping he would magically find a way out (silly mind which is kind of cute).

i decided i had to rescue him and i knew that he was almost dried out, and it has not rained outside for days, so immediate release would probably be detrimental to him, so i sprayed some water from a nebulizer (uncontaminated) on him so he could soak up some water before i cupped him and released him outside.

i watched as he regained some vitality after a few minutes, and then...pounce! the spider sprang out from his little webbed hole and struck the fly and immediately immobilized it and i was at once sad and happy. sad for the fly's demise, but happy that the spider who had had nothing to eat for months and had waited patiently all that time finally got to eat.

then i started to wonder how boring it must have been for the spider to sit there and do nothing but wait for months.
it is well for him that he does not have any imagination or else he would have been tortured by lack of stimulation.

it took a couple of hours for this simple private aspect of my day to transpire, and i was so happy that i am financially secure enough to not have any obligations to be anywhere at any time. what a world of wonder i can live in.

i wondered about what is going through the minds of all those truck drivers caught in traffic jams and stressed about getting their deliveries done, and all the labourers who are toiling away at arduous jobs who would like to be able to just live their lives for free, but nevertheless are compelled to work their backsides off for all their healthy lives just so they can have somewhere to sleep with their family that they need not fear being kicked out of.

wow i am lucky. but am i happy? or am i smug?
it feels good so i guess i do not care what i am.

but the fly is dead and the spider is fed and i guess that is all that need be said.

It makes me happy I guess to know that like your spider that putting forth the best effort we can to survive is usually good enough. Because we're the spider in your story, not the fly. To be actually happy is another story entirely and I begin to doubt my ability to ever feel it. The ease of survival makes me content though and who knows, maybe one day I wont just be surviving.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 10:58 am

Feyokien wrote:
It makes me happy I guess to know that like your spider that putting forth the best effort we can to survive is usually good enough.
i see no meaning in it other than that i identified with both the fly and the spider. the spider waited a long time in suspense, and the fly was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
people may see themselves as so much more rich of mind and superior of thought than both those beings, that they conceive only as an impartial spectator to their lives, their realities.
if i was born a fly, then it would be very sad for me. i do not believe in reincarnation, and so i think the fly and the spider are living their only shot at life, and when it is over they will never exist again.
what a short and uncomfortable experience of existence they have.
how can god only give them such a brief and hardship stricken experience of life for such a short time before they cease to exist? what did they do to be born so short of luck? nothing, because they never lived before i believe, and so they are totally innocent and i feel sorry for their plights. there must be an answer though because if there was not, it would not happen that way. i will never be able to determine the answer to that.

Feyokien wrote:
Because we're the spider in your story, not the fly.

i am not anthropomorphizing either the fly or the spider, because to do so would impair my clarity of view of what i think about them in an essential sense.
there is no allegory or parable in what i said. just simple sterile observation laced with my opinion about it.

Feyokien wrote:
To be actually happy is another story entirely and I begin to doubt my ability to ever feel it.

if it feels good it may as well be called happy even if no other witness would describe it as such. feeling good is all that matters really, and if one can feel that for no serious reason, then they are well off.
Feyokien wrote:
The ease of survival makes me content though and who knows, maybe one day I wont just be surviving.

i do feel sorry for those who struggle to survive, but it is a big world, and my purpose for being born is non existent. i was not born to "even out the score" and feel guilty for having less hassles than those who were born to less comfortable lives.

there is such a thing as "the luck of the draw", and it is simply that that consigns you to live whatever life you lead with whatever attitude you have. i am lucky to like how my days are spent and have the attitude i have about them, and some are not, but that is the luck of the draw and i am not responsible for luck.

money is the source of most displacement for humans.
if there was no money (in any form), then there would be almost no crime and almost no feelings of insecurity.
if you have all the money you will ever need (the same result as not needing money), then you are free to think and live as you please. free to suffer the crushing boredom of non engagement, or free to enjoy looking at all the tiny things you would never otherwise have time to inspect.

it is important to make enough money quickly so that one can live how one wants, but money seems to be very hard to come by for younger people starting out.
i would hate to be one of them.
i am finished with this topic by the way.

EthosNKA

18 Sep 2015, 8:30 am

I feel quite happy today because I got my College to change my name in all their files, so classmates don't get to know the one I was given at birth.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2015, 12:41 pm

I am making a really good baked pasta dish for my late lunch today. It will be done in an hour

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2015, 10:04 am

Coffee and my cheese bagel.