Page 10 of 24 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 3:52 pm

AnnettaMarie wrote:
kra17 wrote:
Guinea pigs getting to be outside for the first time this year.

I love it when people let their guinea pigs outside! It's sooo sad to see guineas/rabbits/ferrets/ect kept in cages all the time. I had a coworker who had a guinea pig for 11 years, all because it was allowed to go outside and eat fresh greens. I suppose he was a happy little pig. =)

Wow, 11 years? That sounds like a lot.
Guinea pigs sure like eating. :lol:

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 3:53 am

kra17 wrote:
AnnettaMarie wrote:
kra17 wrote:
Guinea pigs getting to be outside for the first time this year.

I love it when people let their guinea pigs outside! It's sooo sad to see guineas/rabbits/ferrets/ect kept in cages all the time. I had a coworker who had a guinea pig for 11 years, all because it was allowed to go outside and eat fresh greens. I suppose he was a happy little pig. =)

Wow, 11 years? That sounds like a lot.
Guinea pigs sure like eating. :lol:

She could have been exaggerating. I've never heard of one living that long, but who knows? I mean, there was once a cat out there who lived into it's late 30's, so I suppose it's possible.

ComposerGal1928
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jun 2012, 4:57 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Not very mischievous, is he?

Sylkat

Well, one time he hid in one of the bags and attacked the dogs' and our feet as we walked by.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2012, 7:24 pm

One of my cats, Pixel. She is extremely intelligent and loving.

Last edited by TheTigress on 15 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 7:49 pm

TheTigress wrote:
https://t.facdn.net/[email protected]

Forbidden! No picture...

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

shrox wrote:
TheTigress wrote:
https://t.facdn.net/[email protected]

Forbidden! No picture...

Oops! Fixed it.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

It's official. We're adopting our foster greyhound, Keera. (we call her Keera-Deera) These are pics of her (fawn), and Trent (black) sunning inside and out. :D Yes, we have a beach on our deck. It hasn't been fixed up for the season yet, though.

If you click on the pics you can see them bigger.

[img]http://[img]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/GreyGirlT/th_007.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/GreyGirlT/th_001.jpg[/img][/img]

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 12:18 am

GreyGirl wrote:
It's official. We're adopting our foster greyhound, Keera. (we call her Keera-Deera) These are pics of her (fawn), and Trent (black) sunning inside and out. :D Yes, we have a beach on our deck. It hasn't been fixed up for the season yet, though.

If you click on the pics you can see them bigger.

[img]http://[img]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/GreyGirlT/th_007.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/GreyGirlT/th_001.jpg[/img][/img]

Sooooooo pweshusssss.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 9:46 am

Tell us Keera and Trent's histories...were they racing greyhounds?

Sylkat

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

Yes they were.

Trent is the son of a greyhound named Trent Lee,

and Whistler's Bride.

He raced for three years and ran 45 times. When he retired, he went into the prison foster program associated with Greyhound Friends of NJ. When he was there he learned basic obedience. Problem was that Trent is a Giant goofball. When he runs, he runs with his mouth hanging open and his tongue flapping. One day he got away from his inmate handler and was running amok in the prison. Another inmate tried to catch him and got scraped on Trent's tooth. Because the scrape bled a little, Trent was kicked out of the program. Rules are rules. So I like to say my dog's so tough he got kicked out of prison. :lol:

He then went into another foster home where he stayed for about a year. It seems no one wanted a doofy looking black dog, untill we came along anyway. His adoption photo is not exactly the best.
He's the sweetest goofball greyhound I've ever known. His racing call name was Bullet.

Keera's real name is N. Holly.

She's the daughter of Stan's Boy Flyer
and N. Eileen (couldn't find a picture)

She raced for 5 years and ran 18 times.

When she retired at the age of 5, she was placed in a very busy home full of kids. There was also a neurotic cocker spaniel on anxiety meds. Something must have happened because Keera wound up biting the little dog and sending him to the hospital. For that Keera was returned to the rescue and placed into foster care with us. It turns out that she has sleep aggression. This is probably why the cocker spaniel got bit, it happened at night. We did obedience training with her and helped her learn how to be a pet dog not just a race dog. For some reason, she bonded with me. I've never had a dog trust me like she does. She's such a good girl and she tries so hard to what"s right. We just couldn't send her off somewhere else where she might get in trouble again and get sent back, again. So, we adopted her too.
She still sleeps in a fleece and felt lined play muzzle at night, just to play safe, but she probably doesn't need it any more.

That's the condensed version believe it or not... Can you tell I adore my retired racers? :wink:

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2012, 9:17 am

GreyGirl wrote:
... I like to say my dog's so tough he got kicked out of prison. :lol: ...

Aww , lol! =D

It's my first time posting on this thread, wanted to tell GreyGirl that her greyhounds are super cute ! =D

And as for me, I have a pug named Snickerdoodles. =D

yay ! =D

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 1:41 am

Oh my GAAAWWD! I love pugs! I've worked at a few doggie daycares, and they were by far, the most lovable and friendly breed. I've never met a mean one.

I want a fawn pug someday. I plan on naming him Spudd.

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

thanks AnnettaMarie ! hes a sweetheart :) i agree - pugs are SUPER sweet x3
we adopted him from a local family who ha a rescue. They adopt out a lot of pugs specifically :3 they're really awesome people. As soon as they rescue a dog, they pay out of their pocket to get them checked up & treated if they have any medical issues. Snickers was neglected/abused very badly... his pug brother was worse than him though. his brother had an infection in both eyes... he had to have them removed in surgery and closed ... i know it sounds gruesome, but he was SO happy after he was operated on... snickers has a puncture wound on his eye :(

I tell people that so that maybe one day if they want a pet, they adopt ... Snickers really needed us :) And we needed him.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 3:17 pm

bridgete2010 wrote:
GreyGirl wrote:
... I like to say my dog's so tough he got kicked out of prison. :lol: ...

Aww , lol! =D

It's my first time posting on this thread, wanted to tell GreyGirl that her greyhounds are super cute ! =D

And as for me, I have a pug named Snickerdoodles. =D

yay ! =D

Thanks. Snickers is really cute too. I love pugs and puggles. I'm glad you support animal rescue, I think that's so important.

ComposerGal1928

26 Jun 2012, 10:34 pm

GreyGirl wrote:

Before I was born, my parents almost adopted a greyhound. If she lost her last race, she would be retired, and my parents would have her. But guess what? She won, and she was no longer considered adoptable.

This was twenty years ago, and not even they have any idea what happened to that dog. :?

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:08 am

Professor Wiggles (Bobby).