Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 1:45 am

Yes, Splatterhouse is single player only. I wanted it for the CG cut scenes because I liked the art style very much from the trailer I watched. I'm not usually into gory games, but it had a good blend of action, Heavy metal music, and a little bit of story (Interesting story though for what is there :)). It's a fairly easy action game, but it's pretty fun so far I think. It's dark humor with alot of mature themes. I think the game was meant for guys, but I'd imagine a girl could have fun too if she likes ripping demons to shreds :P. I actually thought I was going to hate it, but it's surprisingly addicting :). I'd have to give it a 6.5-7/10 and I rate things fairly hard so that's fairly good. I wouldn't say it's a must play though... I think of it as a preference game. I like it, but could see others not liking it so much :?. As a warning though... It's the bloodiest/goriest game I've ever seen :|

RE5 isn't very scary no. It sacrifices the dread like horror of older RE's for action and suspense. It's more thriller than horror even though it would still be horrific if it was a real life situation. I recently went back and played RE Dead Aim and in 30 seconds I was already on the edge of my seat and scared to walk into the next room. Where as RE5 is still horror, but it's just not as scary for some reason. I think maybe because the atmosphere just isn't as scary. Moaning zombies and sloshy foot steps will always be scarier than a man with a parasite inside him charging at you with a executioner's axe I guess. However, RE5 is still very awesome and even though it lacks the same scare factor, it sacrifices that for adrenaline like moments of trying to survive.

Edit: I don't really know alot of multiplayer games that are action rpg like. I know a few I really like that are single player :?. I really do have a hard time with multiplayer. I have to have a friend to play with or I just don't like it much. Then I don't usually have friends who like the same games I do, but it seems alot of people like RE5 so I play that the most online. Hehe... as for with Demon's Souls, I'm a bit good at games and I still feel upset when somebody invades me :wink:

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 2:12 am

Can't say I'm too big on gore. A little bit's all right, but I think I'll forgo that game, then. RE5 sounds great, though, thanks for the input. :)