Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 10:53 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Do I strike anybody here as a person who has Barbie Syndrome?

Yes.

I am who I am, and I seriously doubt anyone would say I have Barbie Syndrome. If anything, I was an adult long before I hit 18 in many ways.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 10:58 pm

I don't think ANYONE can be completely "free" of being into fashion and their looks. You have to be into it enough to get jobs, if you have ever looked at an article of clothing before buying it you are guilty of being "into" fashion...maybe not POPULAR fashion or modern fashion or anything but you are into it.

I am not free of fashion, I may not shower for almost a week and I may have more holes in my pants that I have fingers but I bought those pants because I liked the way they looked and fit but I did expect them to end up like this given my lifestyle.

What you're suggesting here is that there is something WRONG with the fashion choices of another person, probably in retaliation for how you've been treated by someone of that nature but you aren't better than that because you're sinking to that same level passing the same judgment.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:12 pm

CokneyRebel, I've noticed that your punctuation has improved drastically. I'm impressed. :-)

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:37 am

Pistonhead wrote:
I don't think ANYONE can be completely "free" of being into fashion and their looks. You have to be into it enough to get jobs, if you have ever looked at an article of clothing before buying it you are guilty of being "into" fashion...maybe not POPULAR fashion or modern fashion or anything but you are into it.

Dude, you haven't seen me. When my clothes are falling to rags I will go out and buy three identical pairs of pants and three identical shirts.

I own one or perhaps two pairs of shoes at a time.
When my shoes are totally stuffed I will go into a shoe shop and buy a new pair and put them on.
I wear them out of the shop and put my old ones into the nearest trash bin.

Walter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2011, 6:06 pm

I think i have the peterpan syndrome, :?

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 6:34 pm

Barbie Syndrome is exactly what you said CockneyRebel and, in Australia, it's commonly used.

Although I don't describe myself as having Barbie Syndrome, I relate more to people in their teens and like minded adults. Typical minded people of my age just don't interest me at all.

That's as far as it goes for me though. I dress in black, black, and more black, I don't care for fashion, my emotional maturity is in tact and although I do have my "Ken", I don't care to be treated by him as Barbie would have Ken treat her. :lol:

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 6:45 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A[/youtube]