Haircuts - how often? how do you deal with them?

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 7:34 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
am i the only one who doesn't even try to small talk with the hairdresser haha. i just sit, usually looking at the floor, say 'its great, thanks' and nod at the end when they hold the mirror behind you and then get out of there asap.

how rude of me lol.

last time one chatted to me she asked if i was still at school...then went bright red when i told her i was 22 and didn't say anything else to me after that.

i dont go as often as i should though cos i get anxious and it takes a while to build the courage to go sit in silence.

I'm the same. I'll answer questions that they ask, but I don't try to chat.

I get my hair cut about once a year and I'm fine with it. The shampooing beforehand is awesome; I love deep pressure on my head. And warm water.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 8:20 am

i have extreme difficulty with getting a hair cut, because i can never choose which hair to get cut.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

I hate having haircuts. Like how am I supposed to know what I'm expected to look like. I don't like the chat either but I can talk if required. Best cut ever, someone washed my hair first didn't say a word and it was very serene. They didn't try to rest their pelvis on my arm either- they should get some kind of device to help them stand if they can't manage it on their own all day not my arm or thigh. I don't like unfamiliar people resting their weight on me and talking giggerish whilst holding very sharp objects and scattering hair clippings all over my body. This is a barbaric practice :).

lucyfm
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

Who_Am_I wrote:

I'm the same. I'll answer questions that they ask, but I don't try to chat.

I get my hair cut about once a year and I'm fine with it. The shampooing beforehand is awesome; I love deep pressure on my head. And warm water.

Yep, this is me. I don't initiate chat ever. And I loooove having my head massaged.

I've now started cutting my own to get round the expense/awkward situation. It's much easier than I thought, even with layers and a fringe to consider. Doesn't take me too long either.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Jul 2011, 9:52 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
am i the only one who doesn't even try to small talk with the hairdresser haha. i just sit, usually looking at the floor, say 'its great, thanks' and nod at the end when they hold the mirror behind you and then get out of there asap.
:lol: Exactly the same with me.
I sit in silence just wishing they'd hurry up and finish, so I can stop having my head fiddled with. 8O

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 10:01 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:

how rude of me lol.

last time one chatted to me she asked if i was still at school...then went bright red when i told her i was 22 and didn't say anything else to me after that.

i dont go as often as i should though cos i get anxious and it takes a while to build the courage to go sit in silence.

I don't try to talk to the person doing my hair, either.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

b9 wrote:
i have extreme difficulty with getting a hair cut, because i can never choose which hair to get cut.

You should get them all cut. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 10:09 am

I get my hair cut once a month.

pratchettfan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2011, 10:48 am

One of the benefits of being a man? Like others here, I bought a set of clippers. Number 1 cut. I told myself it was to save money. That was only partly true. Having to engage in chit-chat with someone I do not know, kills me. There's no other word for it. I just can't do it.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

A month and a half at most.

I'm too shy though so I have to schedule one at the same time as my mom does. :\

Good effin' luck gettin' me to small talk while some random person is touching my hair...

I go home and wash my hair afterwards. 8O

Dunno why I find that so gross.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Jul 2011, 11:46 am

Having just got back from having mine cut - this time was quite different because having discovered that I do gardening, he then asked questions about lawn and plant care.
Well, he probably shouldn't have done that because I think I made his ears bleed by the time he'd finished cutting my hair. :lol:

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 11:55 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:

how rude of me lol.

I don't try to talk to the person doing my hair, either.

If they try to talk I tell them I'll get hair in my mouth and so I won't talk :P

K3inMitl3id
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm

I like a haircut once a month so it stays short and free of bangs.

Hairdressers aren't much of a problem where I go to.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

I haven't let my hair grow past my ears or touch my collar for two years now. I get a haircut about every other month.

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

I only get my hair cut about 2 times a year. That's no problem, since I've got long hair.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 12:55 pm

Roughly 3-4 times per year.

My hair only looks right when it is in its natural, extremely curly, form or somewhat trimmed.

I really don't take to kindly to some random person touching my hair, but I will engage in some small talk with them to be nice.