Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

@ OliveOilMom

This is good advice, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject, I had no idea these people (like rainbow, and those circus people) even existed, fascinating. Thanks for the advice, I would've gone to my doom in ignorance without it, it seems XD. But working odd jobs for people on the side or traveling with that circus does seem really appealing to me, either way, I'm sure I would meet a ton of people along the way. Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 8:39 am

Whosinabunker wrote:
@ OliveOilMom

This is good advice, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject, I had no idea these people (like rainbow, and those circus people) even existed, fascinating. Thanks for the advice, I would've gone to my doom in ignorance without it, it seems XD. But working odd jobs for people on the side or traveling with that circus does seem really appealing to me, either way, I'm sure I would meet a ton of people along the way. Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

It's the carnival, not the circus. Circus is much harder to get a job at. The carnival is like the state fair. Rides, games, food, sideshows if there are any around still, etc. They hire people to run the rides, or work the games, etc. You can talk to Midamerica, or you can wait until one comes to your town then ask who you would need to talk to for a traveling job. They can try you out and you can try them out, while you are still in your town and in close shows to that, and if it doesn't work out you aren't out as much time or money.

I do hope you have good luck with it. I have some very dear friends who do that for a living. They say it's great, and they are home and off work from November to February. Now is the perfect time to sign on if that's what you want to try.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com