Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 5:41 pm

Tequila wrote:
..Something like that would be less open to abuse, yes. But I (and many others) have more than enough trouble trying to fit in with this world as it is - why on Earth would we wish to attract needless attention (possibly negative) to ourselves?!

True, I can see what point your getting across.

I lightly agree with you.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 6:27 pm

Well, I like the site CafePress, and I see enough curbie crap on there, it would be nice to see some more pro-aspie stuff put up :)

I, personally, think this shirt is cute:

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/aspergers/ ... pt_/c_360/

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 8:38 pm

Immortal that's the only Aspie design that I like too. One question though who is Curbie? The only Curbie I know is the little cartoon character the recycling company uses.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 10:03 pm

Ticker wrote:
Immortal that's the only Aspie design that I like too. One question though who is Curbie? The only Curbie I know is the little cartoon character the recycling company uses.

Curebie=people who want to cue autism/aspergers...They'll put up things saying "Vacccines poison children" and other crap like that.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 10:09 pm

Having felt as though I was different most of my life, I would be reluctant to advertise any differences to the general public.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 10:18 pm

9CatMom wrote:
Having felt as though I was different most of my life, I would be reluctant to advertise any differences to the general public.

That's exactly how I feel.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 10:31 pm

But that's buying into the whole idea that different=bad.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 12:51 am

Immortal wrote:

Not necessarily. We just don't want to make ourselves a target by certain individuals. It's called self-preservation. If you want to see it as us being different, get an "I believe in jihad" sticker and put it on your car. You're different. See how some people react. Go on, I dare you.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 1:01 am

Tequila wrote:
Immortal wrote:

Not necessarily. We just don't want to make ourselves a target by certain individuals. It's called self-preservation. If you want to see it as us being different, get an "I believe in jihad" sticker and put it on your car. You're different. See how some people react. Go on, I dare you.

What car? And personally, I have never been bullied. However when I was in high school I was always doing different things trying to get attention, and trying to get a reaction. It was really quite effective...sometime during my goth period I realised I wasn't doing it so that people would stare, but so that people wouldn't look so closely (Because i wasn't really so sure of myself, who I was)

But anyhow, shirts with funny things about aspergers sounds exactly like something I'd do. I always poke fun at myself, and the reactions I get are quite positive.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 1:28 am

Some places are less tolerant of daft behaviour like that.

Quote:
What car

A hypothetical one, considering we're talking about bumper stickers.

If you want to make a dickhead of yourself, fine. I'm not going to stop you. I ask that you weigh up the risks and benefits and then make a judgement. And I think I've said all I need to say here. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 1:32 am

Tequila has some really good points. You should pay attention to what he has to post.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 1:53 am

Tequila wrote:

Quote:
What car

A hypothetical one, considering we're talking about bumper stickers.

If you want to make a dickhead of yourself, fine. I'm not going to stop you. I ask that you weigh up the risks and benefits and then make a judgement. And I think I've said all I need to say here. :)

And I think I need to point out that I already own aspergers T-shirts, and have never even gotten so much as a rude comment about them :) (Obviously not a bumper sticker, as I don't drive because I'm epileptic-which is why I use t-shirts as my own example)

Personally I think the only one making who would be making a "dickhead" out of themselves would be anyone who would give a damn about what someone else choose to put on their t-shirt. I've never gotten any grief about my t-shirts, or the buttons or patches on my bag.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 1:56 am

I have me two Routemaster keychains. That's enough for me.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 2:12 am

Oooh yes, that does remind me (As I have heard Routemaster mentioned on this site on several occasions and usually by you ;) )...I have been meaning to ask...um, what exactly is Routemaster?

And to be on the topic, to those who didn't know, WrongPlanet does have a cafepress store:

http://www.cafepress.com/wrongplanet

(Linked on the left under "store" to those who are not observant) It has shirts, bumper stickers, and some other stuff...unless someone looked up "wrongplanet.net" or knew the site previously, these things wouldn't be so recognisable as aspie shirts

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 2:17 am

Immortal wrote:
Oooh yes, that does remind me (As I have heard Routemaster mentioned on this site on several occasions and usually by you ;) )...I have been meaning to ask...um, what exactly is Routemaster?

And to be on the topic, to those who didn't know, WrongPlanet does have a cafepress store:

http://www.cafepress.com/wrongplanet

(Linked on the left under "store" to those who are not observant) It has shirts, bumper stickers, and some other stuff...unless someone looked up "wrongplanet.net" or knew the site previously, these things wouldn't be so recognisable as aspie shirts

Look at my avatar.

candid89
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jan 2007, 3:58 am

Tequila wrote:

Ok, I think we've gone off on a tangent. Name calling each other is not where I was headed with this. :(

I'm going to try to explain one more time, and then, if you don't understand, then forget it and please stop being so rude to the rest of us who have a funny bone. :wink:

The only reason I brought this up is because I figured that there had to be a FEW funny people on this website who could come up with some clever things to say.

For example: "It's a John thing, you wouldn't understand" (the writer's name is John...therefore, funny)

I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT saying that I'd like to propose a worldwide bumper sticker that needs to be produced in the thousands so that we can all put a giant red arrow pointing to ourselves saying, "Hey, I have Asperger's...PLEASE...make fun of me."

I thought that it could say something like the person who wrote the BINARY joke....it's funny to people who get it...and people who DON'T get it, well, they're probably not going to say to themselves, 'well, THAT person MUST have Asperger's if they have a bumper sticker that I can't understand'.

I'm like the person who wrote, 'I come up with these ideas [for bumper stickers] all the time, but there's never a pen around, and I forget them'. I was just hoping that people who are smarter than I am, and much funnier, would have ideas for "inside joke bumper stickers".

Yes, that is what they shall be called. INSIDE JOKE BUMPER STICKERS. That way, it's straight to the point....and DOESN'T say, hey look at me, I'm different. 8)

SEE: Posts in Random Discussion; What are some of your favorite sayings?

Jen

p.s. If you don't like bumper stickers in general, then that's all you had to say. I understand. A bumper sticker is just the starting point of standing out....and I'm not ashamed to stand out. I relish it. But, for those of you who just want to blend in, that's OK. I understand. Bumper stickers aren't for everyone.