Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you hate people?
Yes, everyone 25%  25%  [ 13 ]
A few select ones (e.g. those perceived as 'evil', e.g. Hitler) 20%  20%  [ 10 ]
Some that I've clashed with (e.g. classmates who bullied you) 41%  41%  [ 21 ]
No, everyone is loveable! 14%  14%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 51

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 1:07 pm

I like individual people like my coworkers, my parents, my brother, but I dislike humanity as a species. There's too much evil in people.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 4:05 pm

I don't hate them. I'm scared of them. They are like fire--fascinating and dangerous.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 4:06 pm

some folks are not to be feared at all, but just loved.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 4:50 pm

I don't hate anyone... I don't love more than a few souls either. I do express and feel compassion and am there for others in need even when I recognize they may not deserve it, but I'd have thought myself incapable of the English definition of love until I met the few rare anomalies.

I didn't vote. The poll almost feels snarky and sarcastic being that the only option for not hating people is to also love all at the same time as if it couldn't be possible to not hate anyone.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 5:30 am

Lace-Bane wrote:
I didn't vote. The poll almost feels snarky and sarcastic being that the only option for not hating people is to also love all at the same time as if it couldn't be possible to not hate anyone.

ditto

I love how you mangle!

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 9:49 am

I hate pretty much everyone at this point. Human beings are worthless degenerates and I'm damn certain of it. I've fought long and hard to tone my cynicism down but you know it's not a generalization if you have to break your f*****g balls just to see the good in everyone. I've really tried but my struggle to overcome cynicism has taken a turn for the worst. If people consider you beneath them they'll kick you while you're down and if they feel threatened by you then they'll try to drag you down to their level even if you haven't done anything to them. It's like they put mediocrity on a pedestal.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 10:07 am

I don't hate people. I used to hate myself but there's no option for that and it's in the past anyway.

Luath
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jun 2013, 11:20 am

I'd rather say dislike, hate is too excessive.
There are only a few people that are close to me and I love (family and my girlfriend).

People always seem to do such ridiculous things that I just can't understand.
I'm uncomfortable around people, I don't find it relaxing at all. If for some reason there is a party I must go to (for good reason only, of course), I will need to drink from the start to get through it without a total overload and massive discomfort.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 2:53 pm

Well, just this morning on Facebook I posted that I'd like to rip Flo the Progressive Girl's head off, throw it in the sea, and then stuff her body into a paper shredder. :twisted:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

11 Jun 2013, 4:42 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Well, just this morning on Facebook I posted that I'd like to rip Flo the Progressive Girl's head off, throw it in the sea, and then stuff her body into a paper shredder. :twisted:

Would you be doing that on the boat that says "Sea Hag" :lol: you'd get the reference if you paid attention to the writing on the boats in the commercial where she's driving one. I find her oddly cute but I think I would find her annoying after being around her a while

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

glow
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 4:46 pm

People are an invention or burden onto themselves. so really when the person pauses to consider if they like someone, its all a relatively new frame of mind for us that we should try to figure out a person before we think any more or less of them. For me, maybe I know people too literally at first and then when your busy analyzing something they might have said or you've said in the small discussion that would have taken place its surprising how short their attention or memory span is. Despite common misdoubts at times, I think I would rather take some if not most people at face value, then rely on my said judgement of them to come to a conclusion. Its not all bad, everyone has their out of sorts days but at the most you've got to be prepared for that someone you want in your life and not a passer-by who happens to say the right thing at the said time, coz not only does it make you look like a rash on a good day it can come on in both directions, meaning that one facial isn't exactly means-proof in all our genetic misprints and misdilemas.
This question doesn't really affect me or my judgement as it stands now, because I think I've backed down on some bias answers I may have given off in the past and no, most of them didn't really suit me or come to the fore as the stats were never really equal.
[img][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs117.gif[/img][/img]

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 5:04 pm

No I do not hate people. Here is my motto:

If most people knew better, they'd do better.

I do get my feelings hurt fairly easily though. It seems to be hard wired in me, so, not much I can do about it. And then, you know, a lot of people are fairly thoughtless or rude. But...I focus on the action not the person, because one can be changed with effort, the other can't.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 5:47 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
I hate pretty much everyone at this point. Human beings are worthless degenerates and I'm damn certain of it. I've fought long and hard to tone my cynicism down but you know it's not a generalization if you have to break your f***ing balls just to see the good in everyone. I've really tried but my struggle to overcome cynicism has taken a turn for the worst. If people consider you beneath them they'll kick you while you're down and if they feel threatened by you then they'll try to drag you down to their level even if you haven't done anything to them. It's like they put mediocrity on a pedestal.

I don't know if you have noticed but it's because humans are social animals. If you have a look at other social animals like dogs, herd animals, any animal that lives in a group. They need to establish a hierarchy, otherwise the group will not work. The things you are talking about is humans trying to form this hierarchy.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 12:01 am

I've clashed with a few people in my lifetime, but I like most people for the most part.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Jun 2013, 9:36 am

Before I opened the thread, I had Hitler in mind as my only object of hate, and indeed that was the example! Hate takes energy, and it hurts the one who hates, as much or more than the one he/she hates. In other words, it's a waste and it's wrong, in my opinion. I know of people whom I severely dislike, but not hate. There's a big difference. Hate to me, = we wish pain and hardship on them, while disliking, even severely, just means we disapprove, and we don't want to see, hear, or know of that person in our lives for any reason. But at the same time, we don't care what their sense of happiness or pain is; we don't wish anything on them one way or the other.

Charles

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 11:12 am

I only hate myself. I don't know how to stop.