A gender-swapped version of yourself

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:39 am

^ In that case, my female self would most likely resemble the collection of people who post most often in The Haven - depressed, suicidal, lonely, with poor self-esteem, and hostile to anyone who suggests that she could do anything to improve herself.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:49 am

You know yourself better than I do,
If I may ask then, why didn't your current male self turn out to be that way? To succeed against hard odds mental fortitude is more useful than physical strength, and there is no reason to believe a woman's mental fortitude would be any less than a man's (and going by puddingmouse's comment it could actually be more, although let's assume equal for the time being)

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 11:16 am

I don't think I would change that much.
I alredy have small breasts, my arms are a little muscular and aldo my abdominals (the benefits of martial arts).
I still look quite girly, but when my hair were shorter some people thought I was a feminine guy.

I just think I'd have different genitals, after all.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 5:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Fnord wrote:
My alternate female self would likely resemble one of those broken old women you see pushing shopping carts around and sleeping behind dumpsters. I've been through a lot, and I doubt that my female self would have had the physical strength to get through it as well as I have.
Women are tougher than you think they are, particularly mentally.

Would a woman have been able to hold on to a ship's mast in rain and rolling seas while aligning a satcom antenna? Would a woman have been able to load and unload trucks full of 50-pound bags of fertilizer by hand every day for three weeks straight? Would a woman have been able to carry 70 pounds of telemetry gear and a 30-pound field pack on a three-day hike into the mountains?

No, my female self would have been smaller, weaker, and whinier - she wouldn't have been "pretty", either - and would likely have been dismissed from employment on numerous occasions for asserting her "rights".

Women don't tend to get into situations where those things are necessary.

I think if I was a man I would be more likely to have killed myself by now.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 5:16 pm

In terms of looks, I think I'd resemble my sister, who is often mistaken for a guy.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:43 am

Picture in your mind, a female version of Uncle Fester (from the TV series) Addams Family. :lmao:

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:34 am

[quote="Fnord]Women are tougher than you think they are, particularly mentally.

Would a woman have been able to hold on to a ship's mast in rain and rolling seas while aligning a satcom antenna? Would a woman have been able to load and unload trucks full of 50-pound bags of fertilizer by hand every day for three weeks straight? Would a woman have been able to carry 70 pounds of telemetry gear and a 30-pound field pack on a three-day hike into the mountains?[/quote]

I understand your point, but there are women who can handle such things. My mother is one such case.

In her 30s she was the produce manager of a grocery store. She hauled cases of produce all day, and once unloaded 1500 watermelons in one day from a truck.

In her 40s she worked at a chemical plant, unloading train cars and barges, and hauling bags of chemicals of water testing chemicals. She also knows how to work a jackhammer to break concrete.

In her 50s and 60s, she loaded 50-lb bags of deer corn she sold in her bait shop. She would buy it by the ton and load it into her storage shed by hand (she still has the bait shop, but doesn't sell corn anymore). She also welds when necessary, and has on many occasions chopped wood to sell at the shop. Oh...did I mention that she's 5'2"?

And, I have a friend in her mid 30s who is a firefighter.

As far as what my male counterpart would be like, I don't know that he would be all that different. With the exception of my big boobs, I'm built pretty much like a guy anyway -- wide shoulders, no waistline, small hips. big feet and hands. And my interests -- film, history, science, sports, the outdoors -- are more typical of a male than a female. As far as facial features, I look like my mom and she looks like her brother and father, so I imagine I'd look like my Uncle Ray. Not bad, since he's a very handsome man and even at 75 years old, still has women hitting on him. Let's see...what would my name be? It would have to be something that was popular during the time I was born, which was 1960, so no Trent or Colby or Rafe. Michael maybe....

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Jul 2013, 2:58 pm

I'd be a crazy woman.......... sometimes I have dreams about this.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm

hanyo wrote:
I'd be about the same as I am now but with no boobs, different genitals, and a slightly differently shaped body.
I would be the oppsite of Hanyo, people already think I look like and mistake me for a girl. Thats whats large loose fitting T-shirts, long hair, weak and slender arms/legs and a smooth creaseless face gets you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:36 pm

I actually do have a gender swapped version of myself, except we were born 30 years apart.

I see my face in the mirror every day, so I should know.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 9:40 pm

One question I pose to myself about my female self is: "Would I still collect sports-related things, or would I have a collection that is more feminine?"

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 9:45 pm

i would probably look something like this guy and be like 7 foot tall.

So I'm never in a rush

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 10:14 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I have sometimes wondered whether my life would be better if I were the opposite gender, because my little habits and mannerisms seem more in line with what a stereotypical guy would do rather than a girl. (For example - dressing for comfort over style, being messy/disorganized, never shaving, being a pervert, swearing a lot, etc.)

This is how I exactly feel sometimes. I couldn't have said this any better than you just did.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 3:41 am

equestriatola wrote:
Admit it, this question crosses your mind at times: "What would a gender-swapped version of me look like?" Well, answer it here.
----
I'd be called Joanna or Joanne, firstly. Secondly, I would look my older sister, except a lot more nerdier (w/the glasses) and a hockey jersey. That'd be me as a girl.

Or, I could look like Rei Hino (Sailor Mars) in a sports jersey and (sometimes) a baseball cap. Why did I write this thread? Jeez...... XD

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:54 pm

Well I had advantage of a twin cousin. We were identical until about age 13 when finally he he was taller, gained some mass. Only way to tell us apart; with our clothes and 70s shag non descript red gold hair; was our eye color. We even had same crooked tooth. I had my growth stunted (really really) so at 5'8; I am not as tall as my older sisters. And Davey ended up 6'4 and more blonde. My hair darkened and was auburn.
His mom was by accident of fate 4 states away married to a 2d cousin of my mom. He made a handsomer man than I made a pretty woman. Meh.

I would have had more material success because I'd be the last male of the line ( my younger sibs have dif dad) and have been invested in by not only my dad (who was supportive, caring and filled roles of mum & dad& provider but not the extra mile I know a son would have received) but my some peripheral family as well.
I might have been boxed into a corporate world stereotype, expected to excel at engineering and business acumen. I would have been matched to somebody's daughter and fast tracked. Id have been even more athletic, probably chavinsitic and a little pervy. Probably drinker to relieve stress if I was hi power like my dad was.
Then again as male I would be heavier affected by the Asperger's possible ans definitely more at risk from my blood disorder.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 12:21 am

Tall, fair, beautiful, smart, a full head of hair after 30, and...autistic.

Almost perfect. :P