Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 7:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
...Jeffersons (3), ... Roseanne (2). Today? The Simpsons only have two kids I believe (Bart and Lisa). Is there a third kid?

Yes, the third Simpson kid is Maggie (the baby). "Roseanne" had 4 kids (she had a baby in Season 7). "The Jeffersons" had ONE kid.

When I saw this question, the first show I thought-of, was "Outnumbered". It seems like alot of the shows, with 3 kids, have 2 kids who are close-in-age, and then a baby or much younger child (like on "Roseanne", when it first came-on----and, "Outnumbered").

I'm thinking it's so there's more scope----they can cover teenage situations / problems, and then baby / younger kid situations / problems; of course, I'm thinking they always need a boy and a girl, as well. Like, on "Roseanne", the oldest girl was dating, the middle kid (girl) was a jock, and the youngest kid (at-the-beginning) was just learning how to play checkers, and still asking "Why" and "What does ________ mean?"----so, that gives ALOT of scope; then, later, when Roseanne had a baby, they had even MORE angles, from which to write stories.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 8:37 pm

I've noticed that a lot of things are in threes. In nursery rhymes there's The Three Little Pigs, Three Blind Mice, Three Little Kittens, and in fairy tales like The Little Mermaid she had three days to make the prince kiss her. In baseball it's three strikes and you're out. They thought two was too little and four was too much, maybe?