WrongPlanet slam book-- say what you think about others here

Page 2 of 16 [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 6:48 pm

Ana54 wrote:
Flagg-- take a chill pill, man! Hve you been harmed and made a fool of and that's what's making you sensitive? So you want people to see you as intimidating, dangerous, not to be messed with? I feel your pain; I really do. If you want to talk about it please do; we're a shameless bunch here, this is a confessional society, just get it out.

*chews cud*

I have no need to be seen as dangerous, I'm well-liked here and have few enemies, the ones I do have make it a habit to make themselves look like idiots so it's all good.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 7:03 pm

Re. Richard Benson

Was that pre- or post-drinking, though?

I agree the man has a lot of issues but at least he is making an effort to tackle some of them. Plus this is hardly the forum to discuss "normality" now, is it? The main reason most of us are here is because we're considered abnormal by the rest of society. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 7:05 pm

I forsee a closure and bannings in the near future and they all involve this thread.

Ragtime - Pull the stick out of your ass and step off your high horse. You ignore any critism that you cannot spew verse at or call the other debator a youngling in. Very poor debate form.

Myself - Get the mod position back ASAP, they need you around here. Also, deal with your ego. It's a pain.

The Chosen One - You are kickass dude, I love your witty posts.

Quatermass - Thanks for sticking with me through thick and thin, your one tough bastard.

Gwenwyn - I think I misspelled that but I'm pretty sure she'll know it's her. First appearences are truly decieving, in a good way this time.

Orwell/Scrapheap - your banning came because I was in one of my weirder moods, I apolgized for it long ago and I'd like to here the words "S'alright man, s**t happens"

Ana54 - this is NOT your website to spam and use as a recruitment outpost

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 7:47 pm

sociable_hermit wrote:
Re. Richard Benson

Was that pre- or post-drinking, though?

I agree the man has a lot of issues but at least he is making an effort to tackle some of them. Plus this is hardly the forum to discuss "normality" now, is it? The main reason most of us are here is because we're considered abnormal by the rest of society. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

I agree with you. Intensity just gives a better perspective on the guy. (btw I like him). As for his drinking, in NT-land I dont blame him.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

23 Aug 2007, 7:50 pm

Ana54 wrote:
Icarus_Falling-- I am so relieved and impressed by your honesty! I felt immediately comfortable around you when you said that you ahd a crush on all the girls on WP, and your wife knew it but understood. You aren't afraid to say what you think... you'll criticise me in one thread and compliment me in another. :D

Just for the record, I didn't say "all the girls", I think I said something like "a few dozen" of them. My wife actually appreciates my open heartedness, and honesty. And I appreciate her open-mindedness, and her being secure in my love for her. As she puts it, as long as she's the one I come home to at night, it's all good [which I guess means I'm free to do whatever I like during the day? Hmmm.].

And if honesty's your bag, then I'm your huckleberry; I call it how I see it, unless I happen to be dissembling just for fun, which I do sometimes. But a yes man, I ain't.

Have I criticized you? I don't recall, I just say whatever I happen to think. If I say that I've come to believe you're at least as crazy as you initially claimed, is that a critique, or a complement?

Overly-honest can be a double-edged sword; it gets me in trouble sometimes. In fact, my friends at work got together and said I was officially banned from talking to chicks, er, I mean females, after a recent brief encounter with a semi-lucid Greenpeace jailbait nymph during a work-related function in downtown Seattle. I stick by my query/claim that Greenpeace and other environmental activist organizations use cute girls and sex as a recruitment tool. But, perhaps I could have worded what I said/asked a little less, uh, directly.

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Troublemaker

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

23 Aug 2007, 8:01 pm

Ana54 wrote:
Flagg: So you want people to see you as intimidating, dangerous, not to be messed with?

HEY! How come I don't get any credit for doing this? WTF?

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Internet Badass

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 8:17 pm

Flagg wrote:
Quatermass - Thanks for sticking with me through thick and thin, your one tough bastard.

I'll be honest, I haven't always stuck with you (Graelwyn knows this, as I once accused you of something that you didn't do at a time of paranoia), but I have noticed you change for the better over the last little while. And you have a creative mind. Go to writing if you can, you may become the next Stephen King.

I have nothing else to say here....

Otherwise I might get ostracised, or banned. :lol:

On sabbatical...

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 8:21 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Flagg wrote:

I'll be honest, I haven't always stuck with you (Graelwyn knows this, as I once accused you of something that you didn't do at a time of paranoia), but I have noticed you change for the better over the last little while. And you have a creative mind. Go to writing if you can, you may become the next Stephen King.

I have nothing else to say here....

Otherwise I might get ostracised, or banned. :lol:

We're all aspies here man, speak your mind.

And of course you've said things you regret, your human. Doesn't mean you've betrayed me.

MarieElana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:17 pm

Flagg wrote:
I forsee a closure and bannings in the near future and they all involve this thread.

I actually thought this would be slamming but like.. silly slamming like saying SO AND SO HAS SMELLY SOCKS D:> but I guess it was not and it's just for flaming

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:23 pm

MarieElana wrote:
Flagg wrote:

I actually thought this would be slamming but like.. silly slamming like saying SO AND SO HAS SMELLY SOCKS D:> but I guess it was not and it's just for flaming

You're just mad because you have smelly socks.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:35 pm

MarieElana wrote:
Flagg wrote:

Most of the posts are fairly "good" in terms of opinion... I, personally, would avoid saying things negative. I'd prefer not to be banned.

I would say good things, but I'd end up forgetting people.

Three years!

MarieElana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:57 pm

Todd489 wrote:
MarieElana wrote:
Flagg wrote:

You're just mad because you have smelly socks.

Your face is smelly 8O

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

24 Aug 2007, 12:03 am

Flagg wrote:

Gwenwyn - I think I misspelled that but I'm pretty sure she'll know it's her. First appearences are truly decieving, in a good way this time.

Is that me? If so, the sentiment is mutual. I think well of you.

---

I don't think I want to contribute to any hurt feelings. There's one person I have the urge to slam, but that's only because he won't pay me the attention I'm certain I'd enjoy, from him. Is it ignorance, a let down, or deliberately prolonged cruelty? I know not. Stony thing! :P

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2007, 6:52 am

Unfortunately, I find it hard to say what I think of people because usually I'm reacting to their comments rather than them as people; but here goes a few:

Cockney Rebel - Seems to be a much happier person now than when I first came onto Wrongplanet - I like her sense of humour and she seems like an interesting person.

Calandale - intriguing in a scary kind of way. Probably his bark is far worse than his bit.

Smelena - a friendly person with lots of helpful advice.

Ragtime - needs to take a few chill pills and realise there is more to life than worrying about the perfect woman. Once off his usual obssessive topics, has a sense of humour.

TimTex - sensible and an obviously caring person. Extra points for being an ELO fan!

Remnant - has copped a real caning for his wish to own a tiger. Although I can see it's probably not practicable - I know what it is like to really want something in life and have most other people say I can't have it.

TheChosenOne - clever, brilliant, very good sense of humour, not afraid to tell it like it is, caring.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

UncleBeer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2007, 7:24 am

Pandora wrote:
TheChosenOne - clever, brilliant, very good sense of humour, not afraid to tell it like it is, caring.

That's two 'thumbs up' in this thread for ChosenOne. Gosh; he seems like the quintessential troll to me. :?

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2007, 7:36 am

UncleBeer wrote:
Pandora wrote:

That's two 'thumbs up' in this thread for ChosenOne. Gosh; he seems like the quintessential troll to me. :?
Well, I know him personally and can assure you he is no troll.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon