Anyone Else Accused of their Strange Way of Eating?

Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 9:08 pm

^I think I do the same thing with my silverware.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 9:12 pm

If I'm eating a sandwich, I make sure that the edges I bite off of stay perfectly straight.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 9:13 pm

oh yeah... and I also prefer to eat my salad with my hands. picking up one lettuce at a time and eating it... :wink:

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 9:13 pm

LOL, I think this is beginning to sound like that show Monk.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 9:57 pm

I used to hold my utensils in a really strange way. This has since changed, but now people comment on how oddly I eat - no salad dressing, very little of most foods (I have a lot of food allergies), and I'm very neat, I don't like different things on my plate to mix, and I eat them in a circle - I need to finish everything at the same time.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:12 pm

I don't think I eat wierd, but I get very self conscious when I eat around others. It's an irrational fear of being judged. :shrug:

Those who know, don't speak.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:16 pm

whenever I have chili and rice(Mmm, that sounds good right now)I mix it on a plate and then pack it together into a square and then eat it much easier than eating it when its all over the plate

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:22 pm

Whenever I eat chili, I add so many crackers that it turns into a thick paste, before eating. :)

Those who know, don't speak.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:47 pm

I always have to save the best for last, and I have to have my plate organized a certain way :P
I also love eating crackers for soup by themselves :D Yummy :P

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:51 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I had one family member ask me why I stuck my pinky out when holding a spoon or fork.

I do that as well, along with when holding glassware; in reality, I think I do it most of the time I'm holding something, actually. It amuses my mother, but it doesn't bother anyone, as far as I'm aware.

The only other things that are generally commented on is that I tend to be slow (remnants of the past, I guess), and that I'm extremely polite. I never give up the last one, but I'll occasionally sacrifice being slow in order to get away from someone who chews with their mouth open; it drives me over an edge.

Three years!

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 11:16 pm

I tend to eat everything at the same time or switch.

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

30 Apr 2008, 8:11 am

im the sort of person who doesnt eat for days till im starvin then i eat a huge meal, but its always wi my left pinky stickin out....

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2008, 9:41 am

I often forget to eat. Not good when you're breastfeeding an infant! The kid needs sustenance, too. My husband reminds me.

I hold my fork like a pencil. I've never noticed whether that's acceptable. I eat one thing at a time, food can't touch, and I am very particular about my sauces. I also hate being dirty but will eat with my fingers. I don't get it.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 11:43 am

People complain that I like my food lukewarm at best. My Mum still tries to make things too hot. I hate hot food, both temperature and taste. I usually eat alone, but when I am in public, I keep my head down so it doesn't matter if anyone is watching me, because I am intentionally unaware.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2008, 5:47 am

I am a sandwich-disassembler. I pull apart the sandwich and eat each ingredient separately (using my fingers, usually). In public I try to eat them "normally", I guess, but it's never as good :(

Salads, I'm weird. I eat salads at the end of the meal with no salad dressing, usually. And also with my fingers.

I sometimes eat pizza with a fork, and sometimes with my hands (usually if there's none of my favorite metal forks around)

I tend to keep things separate on my plate (no food touching, please! :) ) and eat one thing at a time, finishing and moving on to the next item.

Even spaghetti and other pasta, if I'm serving, I tend to put the sauce and pasta on the plate separately. I don't mind when it comes mixed, like in a restaurant, but I just have my preferences :)

Nothing burned, I hate burned food, even food that's "supposed" to be burned, like grill marks or other stuff that people char on purpose. If I wanted to eat charcoal I would have gone down to the store and bought some grill charcoal. Like, ew.

DietCoke
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2008, 6:19 am

My son (5.5yrs) is very fussy about his food. He eats things one at a time also. If he's having chicken nuggets he will eat all the crumb off first & then eat the chicken. He hates if even a tiny bit of the chicken comes off when he eats the crumb off. He also eats very slowly. He more or less has the same lunch for school every day. I have to tell him whats going in & he would get very upset if I changed to a different yogurt without telling him first. He also likes to smell & examine everything before he eats it & if he don't like the smell or look of something he won't even taste it.