Page 11 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2023, 11:08 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
MissMary227 wrote:
I just need more evidence before I believe it hook-line-and-sinker, is all. I will move on my opinion about it if I can get that.

How much actual personal effort have you applied to locating evidence?

I'm fighting a powerful inclination to not do your work for you, but here's a thing to look in to,
https://bigthink.com/starts-with-a-bang/moon-landing/

Quote:
3.) Scientific equipment we’ve installed on the Moon. Did you know that we brought up a large amount of scientific equipment and installed it on the lunar surface during the Apollo missions?

Lunar seismometers were installed by Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16, with the most advanced ones transmitting data to Earth until 1977.
Apollo 11 installed the lunar laser ranging retroreflector array, which is still operational today, allowing us to reflect lasers off of it and measure the Earth-Moon distance to ~centimeter precision. (We also use Apollo 14, 15, and the Soviet Lunokhud 2 rover for this.)
The SWC experiment, to measure the solar wind composition from the Moon’s surface.
The SWS experiment to measure the solar wind’s spectra from the Moon.
The LSM experiment to measure the lunar magnetic field.
The LDD to measure how lunar dust would settle on and pollute solar panels.

And many others. That we have the data from these experiments, and that the lunar retroreflectors are still in use today, represents some pretty strong evidence that we did, in fact, land on the Moon.

and
https://accesswdun.com/article/2019/7/8 ... local-ties

Quote:
As the world observes the 50th anniversary of the first manned moon landing 50 years ago today, it’s a special time for one Buford-based company.

Half-a-century after astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong left the lunar surface, only one piece of scientific equipment that was left behind is still functioning.

“In the mid-1960s our company, Heraeus (a quartz glass manufacturer), worked with Bendix Corporation to produce the Lunar Laser Retro Reflector experiment package that was placed on the lunar surface by Buzz Aldrin,” says Jeff Oddo, Senior Manager, Communications, Heraeus Incorporated. 

The company designed and produced the reflector’s 100 triple prisms of quartz glass mirrors.

and
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... pened.html

Quote:
If none of this convinces you, then you probably also won't believe the evidence collected by space agencies that followed in the US' footsteps. Chinese, Japanese and Indian probes have taken photos of several Apollo landing sites, including 11.

Hello. I read through your two links and stuff. I find the flag thing interesting. And the sun/shadows. I am about 50/50 now, not sure what to believe. But you moved me from 90/10 :cyclops:

Thanks for taking time out to share those links. ~peace

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 11:31 pm

Radish wrote:
Zeke the alien wrote:
If it was to cover up that the Earth was flat, then why does a ship seem to sink as it sails away from you across the horizon? Why do elite snipers have to train themselves to calculate for the curvature of the Earth? Why are airplanes' flight patterns so weird? All questions that flat Earth theory will never explain.

Flat earth nonsense can be easily dismissed by considering day and night and how/when they appear around the world as this simple graphic shows:

What nonsense. :roll:
Enough with the disinformation. :evil:
Don't you know the sun revolves around the earth? :mrgreen:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 6:21 am

You are ALL so naive!

Did we land on the Moon?

The Moon itself isnt even real.

Its a 2000 mile wide steel ball constructed by space aliens, who use it as a base to spy on us with their saucers.

Jeeze!

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 11:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Its a 2000 mile wide steel ball constructed by space aliens, who use it as a base to spy on us with their saucers.

Steel ball sounds like steel bell,

which brings to mind,
https://www.nasa.gov/exploration/home/1 ... uakes.html

Quote:
Moonquakes
NASA astronauts are going back to the moon and when they get there they may need quake-proof housing.

That's the surprising conclusion of Clive R. Neal, associate professor of civil engineering and geological sciences at the University of Notre Dame after he and a team of 15 other planetary scientists reexamined Apollo data from the 1970s. "The moon is seismically active," he told a gathering of scientists at NASA's Lunar Exploration Analysis Group (LEAG) meeting in League City, Texas, last October.

Between 1969 and 1972, Apollo astronauts placed seismometers at their landing sites around the moon. The Apollo 12, 14, 15, and 16 instruments faithfully radioed data back to Earth until they were switched off in 1977.

The first three were generally mild and harmless. Shallow moonquakes on the other hand were doozies. Between 1972 and 1977, the Apollo seismic network saw twenty-eight of them; a few "registered up to 5.5 on the Richter scale," says Neal. A magnitude 5 quake on Earth is energetic enough to move heavy furniture and crack plaster.

Furthermore, shallow moonquakes lasted a remarkably long time. Once they got going, all continued more than 10 minutes. "The moon was ringing like a bell," Neal says.

On Earth, vibrations from quakes usually die away in only half a minute. The reason has to do with chemical weathering, Neal explains: "Water weakens stone, expanding the structure of different minerals. When energy propagates across such a compressible structure, it acts like a foam sponge--it deadens the vibrations." Even the biggest earthquakes stop shaking in less than 2 minutes.

The moon, however, is dry, cool and mostly rigid, like a chunk of stone or iron. So moonquakes set it vibrating like a tuning fork. Even if a moonquake isn't intense, "it just keeps going and going," Neal says. And for a lunar habitat, that persistence could be more significant than a moonquake's magnitude.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:26 pm

At this stage a moon landing conspiracy is on par with a flat earth

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 11:29 am

I don't have the energy to read through 11 pages of comments, but has anyone posted the Curious Droid channel yet. He's really interesting and has videos about Space stuff.

This one mentions how the Russians have left junk on the moon too

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Jan 2023, 6:25 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
A lengthy off-topic distraction has been removed.

Please, keep to the topic.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2023, 6:27 pm

That is kinda dumb. I bet everyone enjoyed the off-topic discussion way more than the OG discussion.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Jan 2023, 6:31 pm

In such cases it's generally better to start a new thread for the off-topic discussion, to avoid annoying those who didn't enjoy it.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:32 pm

Off Topic
sorry for contributing to the off-topic bit

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:44 pm

MissMary227 wrote:
That is kinda dumb. I bet everyone enjoyed the off-topic discussion way more than the OG discussion.

Most threads go off-topic eventually.
Human nature and not just in the autistic community.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:45 pm

What was the original question?

Can’t scroll.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Jan 2023, 6:47 pm

^ As per the topic's title: "Did we really go to the moon ?"

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:52 pm

I believe humans did go, but footage & photographs were faked because radiation destroyed the originals.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 6:53 pm

Sorry — Found it.

I wasn’t sure if it was just about the moon or all conspiracies. I remember reading a thread with lots of conspiracy theories and didn’t know if it was this one or not. I’m really struggling to navigate on a phone.

I tried to change my avatar from my phone files and got fluffy by mistake somehow.

Yes I think they went to the moon. Maybe I’m naive but I assume it’s true.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 7:03 pm

Neil Armstrong was the first man to dispel the long held belief the moon was made of Swiss cheese.