Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jun 2009, 11:32 pm

My parents both work in the health-related fields, both from the Philippines. My paternal grandma used to own chickens. My mom's family had/has (I'm not really sure which) an old, supposedly haunted house on one of the islands. My grandfather was living there with his youngest daughter when he died of a heart attack. Apparently he was the only doctor on the island =/ I have yet to visit it because I've been told it can be quite a boat trip. Dad's side is full of teachers. I vaguely remember the mention of one of my mom's ancestors being a governor and something else about (I think someone on my dad's side) squandering the family money. My mom has 9 siblings and my dad has/had 3. My mom says that we probably have Spanish blood, I wouldn't guess more than a drop. We probably have more Chinese in us than anything else.

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2009, 1:20 am

Mom's side: African-American; Cherokee (little bit in me); Irish (possibly about one-eigth, one-sixteeth in me)

Dad's side: African American; Cherokee (a little bit)

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 4:30 am

My Dad's brother searched the family history.

Generation after generation of boring small farmers except for one girl who was on the Mayflower as a servant.

My mother came from what was once a rich Irish family... but they aren't now.

Alas, no Dukes or Kings in my history.

hyder13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2009, 8:35 pm

father side: his father was a caboclo in Brasil(meaning part Amerindian and part European, Italian specifically)
his mother was Lebanese-Brazilian
mother side: father was irish/french american
mother was a muhajir who left India for America

So overall I am *sigh* 12.5%Tupi-Guarani
12.5%italian
25%lebanese
25%Indian
12.5% french
12.5%irish
interesting, huh?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 8:47 pm

6th Generation Texan (Waco's McLennan county is named after my great*10^x ancestor, Neil McLennan).
Father's side I'm related to Merriweather Lewis (of Lewis and Clark), and to read his biography, he sounds a little AS...

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 10:33 pm

Your family's history

Yes, they are.