Page 21 of 24 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 5:08 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
This picture was taken a couple weeks ago (I was having a lazy sunday, comfy under the blanket with Pixie laying on top of it at the bottom of my feet. Then i somehow managed to fall asleep - when i woke up we couldn't find her anywhere, then when i went to fold together the blanket, i found her - she had crawled underneath the blanket during the time i was asleep.):

When I was a child, my older brother had a chiguagua that use to sleep under his blankets down by his feet. He wouldn't sleep under mine. He would just snap at my feet. :lol:

glow
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 7:10 am

I wonder if cat weddings ever take place..

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jun 2013, 7:47 am

Weirdly enough they do

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 8:05 am

one of my possums (different than american opossums (he was a brush tailed australian possum)) who is (was) very old. i do not know him any more because i had my house taken away by the council for a road construction project.
it makes me very sad that i could not stay there and love him until he died. in this picture, i fed him a bread roll injected with honey and he really liked it, but he was a bit uncoordinated due to his advanced age.

he got it stuck on his eye.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 8:12 am

here is my friend who is a kookaburra that i had to leave because the council forcibly kicked me out of my house.

it tore my heart to pieces when i had to leave my wild animal friends behind because of the economic aspirations of the local council, and i have never recovered. i hated humanity from that point on. this bird used to look in my eyes and listen to what i had to say (just baby talk really) for as long as i talked to him.

i had a special connection with him even though he was a wild animal.

i am becoming overwhelmed with sadness now so i will leave it there.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 8:42 am

here is the whole family of kookaburra's that i befriended. my speech is tailored to the kookaburras and so it may sound simplistic, but kookaburra's are not known to enjoy philosophical conversation.
they did understand that i loved each of them in a slightly different way, and every one of them knew that i had a special consideration for them individually.

they responded with trust to my kindness. what a profit. they loved me and i loved them. my love is worth little but they paid for it with their love which is priceless

but i was forced away from them in order for a road to be built.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBEpDtR22ro&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/youtube]

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 11:00 am

b9 wrote:
here is my friend who is a kookaburra that i had to leave because the council forcibly kicked me out of my house.

it tore my heart to pieces when i had to leave my wild animal friends behind because of the economic aspirations of the local council, and i have never recovered. i hated humanity from that point on. this bird used to look in my eyes and listen to what i had to say (just baby talk really) for as long as i talked to him.

i had a special connection with him even though he was a wild animal.

i am becoming overwhelmed with sadness now so i will leave it there.

The birds are wonder-full, and beautiful. Thank you for posting their pictures.
I wish, though it is impossible, that I could help.
My feeling is so strong in this kind of thing that all I can do is hope that Mother Nature pays back humanity in full measure for its deeds someday.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 1:10 pm

Maggie (her royal highness):

Zombie369
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2013, 7:53 pm

Welp I guess I don't have little Romero anymore since my brother accidentally stepped on him and killed him.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 3:26 am

I'm not allowed pets at my current place, but I hope to get some when I move. I love hamsters, guinea pigs and other small rodenty things.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2013, 3:46 am

I'm looking into getting a bird right now. I think parrotlets, budgies, finches, and cockatiels are all suitable considering:

1) They're mentioned as beginner birds, so I could expect to be able to care for one properly as a first-time bird owner.
2) They're all listed as quiet... further research needs to be done to make a reasonable guess as to which one will be the least obtrusive to people on the upstairs floor.
3) They're all breeds that are typically good for handling.

I think parrotlets and cockatiels do alright alone, though, while the rest should have at least one other bird for company.

So jealous of people with bird companions. :cry:

Moonranch
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

I’ve had various pets throughout my life but now just have one dog. She’s a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and I love her more than I can even describe. She’s my best friend and often my reason for living. When I had to move back home after University because I couldn’t find anywhere else to live or get a job, it really helped me to have her to look after. I felt useful and I don’t know how I would have coped without her. We got her when she was just five weeks old and now she is twelve. She’s a member of the family and I love taking care of her and feel grateful every day that she is in my life.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Jun 2013, 2:47 pm

Newest addition to my family: Odie the Mastiff.

strange_bird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2013, 4:09 am

amazing pets!
as for me...
I have 2 cats and snail Achatina

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 1:44 am

My boy :)