Page 340 of 405 [ 6478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343 ... 405  Next

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 7:47 pm

FluttercordAspie93 wrote:
kazanscube wrote:
Welcome back then, FluttercordAspie93

I also heard that there was a study given about how a majority of people diagnosed on the spectrum into adulthood have a dislike towards fiction, so seeing as how I'm into that, as well as writing my own fanfiction, you can probably see where I'm going with this.

yeah, i think this is another one of those myths! Seems many on the spectrum enjoy fiction, sort of makes sense when many have good imaginations and have their own separate worlds, even the inventor of pokemon is on the spectrum... Also did a poll here to see if my theory was correct. I believe about 66% say the enjoy or dont mind fiction... Which is a higher percentile to that of NT;s , So seems that is another theory that isn't correct, but hey, i may have missed something and that the NT professionals know something that i dont...

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 8:00 pm

Uncle wrote:
kazanscube wrote:
Welcome back then, FluttercordAspie93

I also heard that there was a study given about how a majority of people diagnosed on the spectrum into adulthood have a dislike towards fiction, so seeing as how I'm into that, as well as writing my own fanfiction, you can probably see where I'm going with this.

yeah, i think this is another one of those myths! Seems many on the spectrum enjoy fiction, sort of makes sense when many have good imaginations and have their own separate worlds, even the inventor of pokemon is on the spectrum... Also did a poll here to see if my theory was correct. I believe about 66% say the enjoy or dont mind fiction... Which is a higher percentile to that of NT;s , So seems that is another theory that isn't correct, but hey, i may have missed something and that the NT professionals know something that i dont...

@Kurando777: Thanks! Being normal is boring. :P

@kazanscube: Yeah, I'll just enjoy myself however I can! :)

@Uncle: Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I do know that he wrote a book about his experiences on the spectrum as well, and people like him are able to prove to all us Aspies that we can be successful if we put our minds to it. While some of us might not be the most social creatures out there, there is no limit to what we can achieve.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 9:17 pm

Thanks.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2016, 1:57 pm

Just out of curiosity, but are there any other Aspie Simmers on here? I haven't touched my game in about a month or two, but I have a lot of screenshots saved onto my computer.

My Simself ended up getting together with Connor Frio:

It's no wonder that I decided to have my Sim go after him, either, considering that he acts very similar to how some Aspies would. :P

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2016, 2:01 pm

[quote="FluttercordAspie93"]Just out of curiosity, but are there any other Aspie Simmers on here? I haven't touched my game in about a month or two, but I have a lot of screenshots saved onto my computer.

Not sure Flutter, possibly there is as, there are many people on the spectrum whom play a wide variety of games and I can't see why the sims game would not have an autistic community as part of that game.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2016, 10:48 pm

@kazanscube: Yeah, I know there are quite a few threads for it on here, but a lot of them seemed outdated. Anyway, how have you been?

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 7:19 am

I've been doing well just with the weather, I'm not at 110% yet, I managed along with dealing with someone whom does not understand that it is not that easy to acquire an occupation if, your autistic and don't have a vast network of people to help provide you with job leads etc.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 11:54 am

@kazanscube: Have you ever thought about recommending some volunteer work? It's what I plan on doing.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 8:36 pm

@kazanscube: Have you ever thought about recommending some volunteer work? It's what I plan on doing.

Have not considered such, yet thanks for the most kind piece of useful information

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 5:28 am

Just out of curiosity, but are there any other Aspie Simmers on here? I haven't touched my game in about a month or two, but I have a lot of screenshots saved onto my computer.

I have played almost every Sims game. I played The Sims and The Sims: Bustin' Out on my Playstation 2, various Sims 3 games on console. On DS I have played MySims, MySims Agents, The Sims 2 Pets, SimAnimals, SimAnimals Africa, The Sims 2 Castaway, The Sims 2 Apartment Pets, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. Until last year, I regularly played The Sims 3 on PC, along with the University Life, Seasons, Generations, Pets, Island Paradise, Ambitions, World Adventure, and Late Night.

I tried the free trial of The Sims 4, and watched several Let's Plays, but other than the CAS it doesn't seem worth buying.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 5:30 am

My favourite Sims games are The Sims 3 for PC, along with the Seasons, Generations, Island Paradise, and World Adventures expansion packs.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 6:56 am

Does anyone watch Let's Plays?

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 7:46 am

CaptLasik wrote:
Does anyone watch Let's Plays?

I watch a great deal of let's play either to help me find better means of advancing through a game or watching games that I wished I had for my gaming library.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 11:03 am

@CaptLasik: Cool! Yeah, I didn't waste my money on the Sims 4, just didn't have that open world experience that the Sims 3 had... I do watch quite a few let's plays and even re-watch a few of them. Currently, I've been re-watching a certain Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team let's play.

CatLady53
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2016, 4:21 pm

MM99 wrote:
So I joined in this club last week and I didn't know what else to say apart of "How are you?" so I didn't say anything else :roll:
Socializing online seems to be even more difficult than on real life.

Sooo, what kind of club was it?

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 9:46 am

Taking a break from the treadmill today because of personal reasons.

How is everyone else doing?