Page 3480 of 7596 [ 121528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3477, 3478, 3479, 3480, 3481, 3482, 3483 ... 7596  Next

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 12:30 pm

rabbitears wrote:
She then asked me if I had figured it was closing when they turned the lights off, but I told them I didn't make the link as I thought they just turned them off as it was sunny and they didn't need to be on anyway. :lol:

This reminded me of something suitably random: when I was in the dentist's waiting room, I was the only person sitting in there, with blazing sunlight pouring through the windows. There were about eight incredibly bright lights turned on, completely needlessly. I found where the switch was, and turned them all off. Then I felt a bit naughty for interfering with how they run their office, but, seriously! Why leave lights on in the day time? :?

identity
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 12:44 pm

^That would be awful to get locked in somewhere.

So many people are leaving/have left. :?

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 1:27 pm

rabbitears wrote:
Nearly got locked in the library earlier. I was reading and the lights went off, but there are plenty of windows and it's bright and sunny outside so I thought nothing of it. Then about 10 minutes later I heard a woman say "We've still got one!" and I lifted my head from what I was reading and she told me I was lucky they didn't lock me in (I forgot the library closes at 5pm on Saturdays - It usually closes at 6pm). She then asked me if I had figured it was closing when they turned the lights off, but I told them I didn't make the link as I thought they just turned them off as it was sunny and they didn't need to be on anyway. :lol:

Also, I got up at 1pm today! :o

I'll make up for it by getting up at about 7am tomorrow, and on Monday I plan to get up at 4.45am, so I can walk to work and open up the shop. Usually people who open the shop get there for about 7.15, but because I'm so slow with everything I plan to arrive at 6am. I was given my own set of keys the other day so I can let myself in, and I can take my time and get everything done thoroughly and properly without the stress of a short time limit. If I get it all done early, I'll make myself a couple of coffees and perhaps read a book for a bit. I'll also have my Ipod with me while I get everything done so I won't get bored. I won't get paid for going in any earlier, but I don't mind so much because I just want as stress free a morning as possible, and if I get all the work done out of hours, then I won't have to work as much during the time I do get paid, so it all works out.

ever read the book "help i'm trapped in the liberry" it is misspelled in the title?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 1:43 pm

I'm still as sick as a dog. :hic:

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 2:46 pm

all_white wrote:
rabbitears wrote:
She then asked me if I had figured it was closing when they turned the lights off, but I told them I didn't make the link as I thought they just turned them off as it was sunny and they didn't need to be on anyway. :lol:

This reminded me of something suitably random: when I was in the dentist's waiting room, I was the only person sitting in there, with blazing sunlight pouring through the windows. There were about eight incredibly bright lights turned on, completely needlessly. I found where the switch was, and turned them all off. Then I felt a bit naughty for interfering with how they run their office, but, seriously! Why leave lights on in the day time? :?

Indeed. I think I'd do the same and also feel the same as you too. Like, a bit awkward about doing so, and I'd expect to be told to leave them alone by a member of staff, but I's still do it as it's silly to leave lights on like that during the day.

I must admit though I do switch my lamp on in my bedroom during the day, and leave my curtains closed. I don't like the look of natural light in my room. It's too 'white' and kinda makes me go all squinty.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 2:49 pm

danmac wrote:
rabbitears wrote:
Nearly got locked in the library earlier. I was reading and the lights went off, but there are plenty of windows and it's bright and sunny outside so I thought nothing of it. Then about 10 minutes later I heard a woman say "We've still got one!" and I lifted my head from what I was reading and she told me I was lucky they didn't lock me in (I forgot the library closes at 5pm on Saturdays - It usually closes at 6pm). She then asked me if I had figured it was closing when they turned the lights off, but I told them I didn't make the link as I thought they just turned them off as it was sunny and they didn't need to be on anyway. :lol:

Also, I got up at 1pm today! :o

I'll make up for it by getting up at about 7am tomorrow, and on Monday I plan to get up at 4.45am, so I can walk to work and open up the shop. Usually people who open the shop get there for about 7.15, but because I'm so slow with everything I plan to arrive at 6am. I was given my own set of keys the other day so I can let myself in, and I can take my time and get everything done thoroughly and properly without the stress of a short time limit. If I get it all done early, I'll make myself a couple of coffees and perhaps read a book for a bit. I'll also have my Ipod with me while I get everything done so I won't get bored. I won't get paid for going in any earlier, but I don't mind so much because I just want as stress free a morning as possible, and if I get all the work done out of hours, then I won't have to work as much during the time I do get paid, so it all works out.

ever read the book "help i'm trapped in the liberry" it is misspelled in the title?

No. Haven't heard of it. What's it about? (Who knows? - maybe the story actually has nothing to do with the title....)

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 2:54 pm

identity wrote:

True, but I can think of worse places to get locked in than a library.

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 3:26 pm

The email notifications have failed for nearly 20 hours. I wonder what could be the problem.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 May 2012, 3:38 pm

I got alot done today, so I'm rewarding myself with a 18 pack of coors light and lots of slayer. my life freaking rules! howzit brah, 8)

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 3:38 pm

8O

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 May 2012, 3:39 pm

your still 16 so wait awhile before you begin to start drinking. but when you're of age, by all means do partake!

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 3:58 pm

:? :twisted: :evil: :?: RANDAMO ELBASTARDO fuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkk!! !! !! !! !! !! !! CCCCCCCCCOoOOOOCCcCKKKKkk-herspaniel.
Fuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkk ggggggrrrrrraaaammmmmaaaaaarrrrrrr aaaannnnndddddd mothuh fukn spelln!

ffffffhuehrfueohruofuherfhreubfnwsnyqwegbxjcnejjrnfkerngnjrtngkj :D :oops: :idea: :twisted: :evil: :? 8) :lol: :arrow:

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 3:59 pm

rabbitears wrote:
identity wrote:

True, but I can think of worse places to get locked in than a library.

Indeed.

A freezer...a cupboard...at least in a library you aren't going to run out of air.

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 4:01 pm

ME consuming alcohol and engaging in excess!? 8O

:lol: :lol: :lol:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 May 2012, 4:03 pm

Although you do make a good point. I think I "tried" beer when I was 16. :wink:

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 4:05 pm

[Sarcastic interjection, exempli gratia, "Oh great."]

Now I cannot get rid of the mental image of me being silly.