Page 5 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 11:01 am

I don't really notice who's in a clique or who's not. I honestly don't have the social perceptiveness to detect that kind of thing. I know it happens, but it's kind of irrelevant to me. I just like reading new ideas and responding to them. And, yeah, lecturing the odd "OMG my kid is autistic what do I do what do I do!?!?" new parent.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 11:16 am

spongy wrote:
Awesome thread had a great laugh
Stickied.
Fnord and ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo try to keep PPR issues at PPR

No Problem!

I hope that: (1) somehow, a consensus can be reached as to which of these ideas can be made official; (2) how they can best be worded; and (3) the ideas can be appended to the Membership Rules in some way so as to not make them bannable offenses, but to still get the message across that each idea is a valid statement of reference shared by the majority of WP members.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 11:20 am

IdahoRose wrote:
... By the way Fnord, thanks for adding my point to the list. I appreciated that. :)

It's validity was self-evident. You're welcome!
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
  • The PPR forum is the antithesis of the haven. You have been warned.

Ooo ... kewel! Added.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 11:41 am

Fnord wrote:
spongy wrote:
Stickied.

No Problem!

I hope that: (1) somehow, a consensus can be reached as to which of these ideas can be made official; (2) how they can best be worded; and (3) the ideas can be appended to the Membership Rules in some way so as to not make them bannable offenses, but to still get the message across that each idea is a valid statement of reference shared by the majority of WP members.

This is all fine at PPR because people posting there expect their ideas to be questioned heavily.

Outside PPR theres a rule against personal attacks/belittling other members(I consider this a personal attack since she complained and you just made a joke about her being selfcentred) and while the actions to be taken aren´t clear I can assure you that if you ever get into trouble because of it you´ll get several warnings before being banned(last procedure started several weeks ago and its still going)

On other aspects this thread was moved because apparently you cant make new stickies at gad and Ive been asked to move it/unsticky it if callista wants it back at gad I´ll be more than happy to move it back.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 11:59 am

You have already made your point, Spongy - No Problem means that I have no problem with your PPR directive, and you don't need to hammer it home to me.

Back to the topic of this thread...

ephestia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2011, 12:43 pm

Callista wrote:
the magic pill is a symbol for "Are you okay with who you are?"

Although a person is comfortable with his personality this circumstance is of no use in a society dominated by the concepts of "healthy / sick.", no "acceptance".

A society in which people have to suppress their personality "sick" to fit in it. And alienation is such that that person is finally dominated by the concept healthy / sick, and forgets his acceptance.

How can you combat the patterns of thinking that pervades everything including families? ¿Isolating yourself?

Last edited by ephestia on 24 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm

Just because someone is a jerk and trolls and puts people down doesn't mean they are using their AS as an excuse. Some aspies are just that way and don't say it's the AS that makes them be that way. There is a big difference between that and using it as an excuse.

David23
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2011, 2:09 pm

Callista wrote:
...Next time somebody tells you he can't, just do the world a favor and punch them in the face for us, 'kay?

^ I agree... And that really sounds like something my mom would do :mrgreen:

My Tweets sometimes get out of hand... Disregard any offensive ones... It's all in good fun/ludicrousness ;)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

spongy wrote:
Stickied.

I might if I knew what PPR meant?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 3:25 pm

Oh, nm, I found it. Politics Philosophy and Religion. I forgot that was there;)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 12:22 am

ephestia wrote:
Callista wrote:
the magic pill is a symbol for "Are you okay with who you are?"

Although a person is comfortable with his personality this circumstance is of no use in a society dominated by the concepts of "healthy / sick.", no "acceptance".

A society in which people have to suppress their personality "sick" to fit in it. And alienation is such that that person is finally dominated by the concept healthy / sick, and forgets his acceptance.

How can you combat the patterns of thinking that pervades everything including families? ¿Isolating yourself?
Meh, I don't suppress my personality; nor do I believe that's the best course for any autistic person. Treatment and therapy work best if they don't teach you to suppress your personality.

I think it's a lot of use even in our society. If you are autistic and you are obviously okay with it, other people read that off you. People who are confidently atypical and/or disabled will not be shunned near as much as people who are atypical and anxiously trying to hide it. In an odd way, you're setting an example for the people around you, saying, "If I can be okay with my autism, so can you."

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Kiana
Raven
Raven

25 Aug 2011, 4:49 am

Great list :) made me lol, thanks for sharing!

ephestia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2011, 6:22 am

Callista wrote:
Meh, I don't suppress my personality

That means you and I are not similar. I live with many people and I will not do is say that their conversations are rude or deny the greeting because it seems too familiar and familiarity can lead to uncomfortable situations.

Callista wrote:
Treatment and therapy work best if they don't teach you to suppress your personality.

In my opinion, if the task of handling difficult situations is the responsibility of an individual, not the people around him, back to the beginning of the problem because then that individual is required to change the way they communicate to avoid conflict.

The psychology does not work miracles.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 8:48 am

Kiana wrote:
Great list :) made me lol, thanks for sharing!

It was Callista's idea; I just compiled it.

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 12:12 am

Hehe. That was pretty cool and true. Thanks. :)

Tsukimi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2011, 3:19 am

Great list.