Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 6:30 pm

wow, between 1-2 years old, thats impressive memory.

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 06 Jun 2008, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 6:30 pm

Anyone see "Malcolm in the Middle", a episode with a kid that remembered
his own birth! :)

""...those two weeks with diaperchange, was the most humiliating
weeks of my life""

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 9:12 pm

DejaQ wrote:
Tohlagos wrote:
The Empire Strikes Back -part of the reason I enjoyed it was the good side was on the run and had to work harder to survive. That made it feel more "real" to me.

"Which did you like better? Jedi or The Empire Strikes Back?"
"Empire."
"Blasphemy."
"Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."

I found it hard to believe that a bunch of little fuzzies could take out some of the emperors best legions. :roll:

Remember the scene after the AT-AT's have broken the rebel line of defense? They are standing there in the mist, somewhat shadowed, posing in triumph as their dark hand moves in to smother the remains of the rebellions.

The in the cloud city... Vader at first is kinda passive... testing Luke... like a spider with a fly. He toys with Luke like he is more testing Luke's abilities in stead of just fighting him. That is until Luke hits him then he releases his rage and brings that fight to a quick end. I liked how they did that.

Ever notice how Luke mainly wear white in Star Wars, then mainly gray in Empire, then mainly black in Jedi? As if it is all symbolizing of how Luke grows in the force and understanding life and becomes more and more like his father. Really cool.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 9:15 pm

ImTheGuyThatDidThat wrote:
Tohlagos wrote:
There are a number of movies that have different kinds of value to me. Some for "eye candy," some for plot, some for acting, etc.

The Empire Strikes Back -part of the reason I enjoyed it was the good side was on the run and had to work harder to survive. That made it feel more "real" to me.

The Fisher King - Wow. The struggles, the pain, the victories in that movie spoke to me.

The World According to Garp - This movie makes you laugh, think, wonder, cry, and just feel.

Das Boot - I can't put my feelings into words for this right now.

Dune - Wonderful science fiction. Loved the music as well.

Alien - humans are fragile and not the top of the food chain in space.

Dr. Strangelove - It is Stanley Kubrick, what more needs to be said?

War of the Worlds - (The original 1950's version only please)

Tron

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Dragonslayer - now there is a cool looking dragon and all before computers!

Serenity

Logan's Run

Soylent Green

I can't put my feelings into words right now for some of the above movies. If I can, I will add them later.

Thats a really great list, many gems there

Thanks! I have a very strong bias towards science fiction and fantasy, but I have found those type of movies are easier for me to be engrossed in what they have to offer.

Is it me, or does it seem that science fiction and fantasy films have some of the better music sound tracks?