Page 4631 of 7600 [ 121594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4628, 4629, 4630, 4631, 4632, 4633, 4634 ... 7600  Next

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:04 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
'rent-a-friend'

I'd never have thought of that but you are absolutely right. rent-a-friend! I've always regarded my Psych and I as friends but you're right. Just stop paying and see how long he wants to be friends with you.

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i would much much rather spend my time with someone i had to exert actual effort to befriend, or whom i have met through happenstance. someone that has actually made me want to navigate the complexities of social interaction, to become closer to. not just currency out of my wallet.

Making friendships is hard and personally, I'd rather not go through the process of obtaining a new friend. I don't usually value people as viable friends BUT...

I have a neighbor... a 'friend' (who for some reason wanted to befriend me) and he's only 25 (I'm 48) who lives across the street from me and he has my health in mind (he drinks but he's BIG, FIT and into Martial Arts). He's constantly trying to get me to eat. He knows I go 5 days or so without eating and 3 days or so without sleeping.

He actually went to the effort of making Spag Bol for me (from scratch, 2 hours of cooking) just so I could eat something and he saw fit to write my rules on my (mum's) whiteboard:

* Only drink 3 times a week;
* No drugs; : Rem I don't take drugs (apart from alcohol & cigarettes). I don't know why he wrote that.
* 3 meals a day;
* Min 5 hours sleep a night;
* New interest instead of 'X' and drinking; : Rem For this comment, I thought 'X' was a variable that stood for
my Special Interests (Myna Birds - I've driven him NUTS about them) but what he actually meant was 'X' as in Ex-partner. He thinks she's using me and I should finally break all ties with her.

* No more excuses;
* Go to work;
* Go to counseling;

I was wrong (angry). Not all humans are bad. In fact, some of them are actually quite genuinely nice and (I think) do actually care... To what extent, I don't know. But what do I know. Every time I've ever thought I've known what people are thinking, I've most often been wrong!

Kiprobalhato wrote:
big hugs.

Kiprobalhato, I thank you very much. You're a friend on WP (you're on my friends list).

P.S.
I haven't been able to get your username out of my head for the past 3 days. :) It's like a broken record. 8O

Once again, I thank you very much. I do honestly appreciate your hugs. I don't know when they'll have a bed for me and as I've stated before, I'll have no contact with the outside world for the first week ( :) ) but don't think I'm ignoring you. As soon as I get Babsy back (my Laptop), I'll contact you. :)

I really feel wanted here on WP. There have been so many people who have come out of the woodwork expressing concern for me and wishing me well :) I love it here! It's actually better than my family. They've abandoned me. I'm not even going to tell them I'm going into hospital. Let's just wait and see how long it takes for them (Mum, sister, my only family) to figure out I'm missing and for how long. :) - Then it's time for a prank :)

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:26 am

Dillogic wrote:
Mowing the yard in boxers and work boots, and the neighbors walk on by.

I love you, autism, I really do.

Sometimes on nice nites, I sleep out in the backyard on the grass. I just throw my special quilt down on the ground, put my duck down pillow on it, lay down and just stare at the stars/moon/family from space coming back to collect me (I wish) :(

The neighbors must think I'm a freaking lunatic but I've never been one much to consider what others think. I've always considered them as idiots. That's not polite but what the hell. From my experience, most of them are superficial and stupid.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:35 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
Sorry I'm posting so much but I'm living it up before I go into hospital and lose all contact with the outside world.

I've lost my family. I don't care much for them anymore after how they've abandoned me.

You guys are the ones I'll want to be able to get back to, especially Booyakasha.

WP inhabitants. You're my kind. We share common traits.

I feel like I belong here more than I ever have with my family!

:(

I feel similar to be quite honest....glad you found your place here among us! *hugs*

You're so nice :) I'll let you know when they're admitting me. I don't know yet myself. I'm waiting on a phone call for when they get a free bed.

Thanks! Good luck and make sure you do that :)

ImAnAspie wrote:
I was wrong (angry). Not all humans are bad. In fact, some of them are actually quite genuinely nice and (I think) do actually care... To what extent, I don't know. But what do I know. Every time I've ever thought I've known what people are thinking, I've most often been wrong!

Yeah, they do, and highest conglomeration of them I've found here :D

ImAnAspie wrote:
I really feel wanted here on WP. There have been so many people who have come out of the woodwork expressing concern for me and wishing me well :) I love it here! It's actually better than my family. They've abandoned me. I'm not even going to tell them I'm going into hospital. Let's just wait and see how long it takes for them (Mum, sister, my only family) to figure out I'm missing and for how long. :) - Then it's time for a prank :)

if it's any consolation, my family did something similar to me, multiple times...I have no one here but the inner family - the rest don't mean much to me if anything any more.

WP is our family indeed :)

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:54 am

Booyakasha wrote:
WP is our family indeed :)

You're not wrong. I'm glad I finally found my own kind. :D

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 7:11 am

Dillogic wrote:
Mowing the yard in boxers and work boots, and the neighbors walk on by.

I love you, autism, I really do.

"Just one of the things you see in the country" they probably say :P

A few months ago when working at the other office I saw a lady who had a goat riding shotgun in her car.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 10:50 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
They (my Psychiatrist, Psychologist and councilors ) almost seem like they care - except they're being paid to care. If they weren't being paid/saw you in the street, they wouldn't give you the time of day and I keep that in mind these days.

i've got trouble trusting shrinks for that same reason you just said, there, and 'rent-a-friend' services in general. they are only in it for the good $$$ they get from it. i would much much rather spend my time with someone i had to exert actual effort to befriend, or whom i have met through happenstance. someone that has actually made me want to navigate the complexities of social interaction, to become closer to. not just currency out of my wallet. it's much more satisfying that way, to me.

big hugs.

Some of the psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors do care. At least a small number go into the field because they are compassionate.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:21 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
They (my Psychiatrist, Psychologist and councilors ) almost seem like they care - except they're being paid to care. If they weren't being paid/saw you in the street, they wouldn't give you the time of day and I keep that in mind these days.

i've got trouble trusting shrinks for that same reason you just said, there, and 'rent-a-friend' services in general. they are only in it for the good $$$ they get from it. i would much much rather spend my time with someone i had to exert actual effort to befriend, or whom i have met through happenstance. someone that has actually made me want to navigate the complexities of social interaction, to become closer to. not just currency out of my wallet. it's much more satisfying that way, to me.

big hugs.

Some of the psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors do care. At least a small number go into the field because they are compassionate.

That's nice to know.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm

I'm not a nutter. I'm high functioning and extremely intelligent. I live in the real world. That's the problem.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:54 pm

I'm Aspie! I'm free to be what I want to be.

I'm sitting in a pub in town at 6:46am having a beer (or two) listening to a Stars Of The Lid's song called 'Down' and I'm rocking in public. :)

I just don't give a Damn anymore. If I want to stim in public, I'll stim. I don't care about them anyway and I certainly don't care for their opinions of me, After all, I know me better than they ever will and they've caused me NOTHING BUT PAIN MY ENTIRE LIFE. SCREW 'EM!! !! !! !! !! !

I'm blessed and cursed at the same time.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:

I'm sitting in a pub in town at 6:46am having a beer (or two) listening to a Stars Of The Lid's song called 'Down' and I'm rocking in public. :)

I just don't give a Damn anymore. If I want to stim in public, I'll stim. I don't care about them anyway and I certainly don't care for their opinions of me, After all, I know me better than they ever will and they've caused me NOTHING BUT PAIN MY ENTIRE LIFE. SCREW 'EM!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Nice

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:

I just don't give a Damn anymore. If I want to stim in public, I'll stim. I don't care about them anyway and I certainly don't care for their opinions of me, After all, I know me better than they ever will and they've caused me NOTHING BUT PAIN MY ENTIRE LIFE. SCREW 'EM!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Good for you :thumright:

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:57 pm

Beer (slightly intoxicated) in town, early in the morning, listening to "We Control The Sunlight", nice music and stimming (rocking in the pub).

I'm so happy at the moment. I feel so free of the human race.

At this very moment, I couldn't give a tinkers cuss about what anyone thought of me and it's so freeing. Liberating!

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 4:00 pm

I'm getting some new clothes and PSP games tomorrow. Preordering Mortal Kombat X tomorrow. Heck yeah!

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 4:40 pm

Sometimes I wished I would had invested in computer programming at an early age for nowadays, such knowledge would be handy in terms of occupational choices..

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm

I'm so sick of this life, this world and is inhabitants. I just want to go. I've had enough!

How much misery does a person have to endure until they die?

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 5:25 pm

They never wanted me in their world anyway. They never include me. I've always been a stranger to them. It never worried me beforehand but it's just in times of need, you find out just how much they don't want you in their world.

Apart from my family on Wrong Planet, no one cares about me.