Page 4636 of 7600 [ 121594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4633, 4634, 4635, 4636, 4637, 4638, 4639 ... 7600  Next

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 2:22 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
(3:18am and still going strong after 5 days of no sleep!)

are you sure you're fine though...none? not even a cat nap? 8O 8O

i do hope he got at least some rest after all....

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
(3:18am and still going strong after 5 days of no sleep!)

are you sure you're fine though...none? not even a cat nap? 8O 8O

Thank you for caring Kiprobalhato :)

I just got an hour and a half, two hours sleep. Not sure how long but it was good :)

No, perhaps I microsleep but it sure doesn't seem it. I try to sleep but every time I get to the point of dropping off, I wake up. Go figure! As if my life's not cursed enough without this.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 2:39 pm

good you got some rest, that can really not be good staying up continuously for that long. not that i would know, i feel dirty if i stay up past 2 :P

perhaps your internal clock is off...i find it easier to sleep during the day (if i need to) if i try to minimize amount of light coming into the room.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 2:43 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
good you got some rest, that can really not be good staying up continuously for that long. not that i would know, i feel dirty if i stay up past 2 :P

perhaps your internal clock is off...i find it easier to sleep during the day (if i need to) if i try to minimize amount of light coming into the room.

I love dark, cool, quiet places and I try to set the environment so I can sleep but it just doesn't seem to happen much.

I never have been a big sleeper but this is getting weird!

"To dream is a gift!"

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm

The inernet is full of all sorts of things both good and bad..

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 11:07 pm

For the last few days without internet:

Got dragged into a hair salon against my consent.
Traveled over 3 hours over a picture because my mom insisted.
And I'm broke :lol: because I'm bored.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 11:50 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
I love dark, cool, quiet places and I try to set the environment so I can sleep but it just doesn't seem to happen much.

"To dream is a gift!"

to dream is indeed a gift. every time i put my head on that pillow, i cannot wait to start wandering in my own mind...and i can't predict it! wow!! i love cool, dark quiet places also, noir, ambient and still. :heart:

i was recently flipping through homotopy to ottawa and i saw some notes i had quickly jotted down the night after i had a very poignant dream relating to lim.

(autocorrect wanted to correct my misspelled 'poignant' to 'repugnant'...yes, that too lol)

apparently in my dream, i was having an online conversation.

god.
ugh.
what?
do i have to explain my entire life to you?

(something about thanksgiving and fundamentalism)

goodbye. daddy was nice to me for once.
this was disappointing. all google. nice drawings, though.
google is happy!

_________

there is also another dream i had a few years ago that i just recently re-remembered. i was in an enormous structure, with large ceilings. it looked like a public library, indeed there were bookshelves everywhere, very high ones, but strangely there was also a section of the building with lots of other, mechanical goods. like brookstone.
i walked into the center of the library wing, there was an enormous, ornate fireplace with the overmantel stretching to the high ceiling. there were chairs and seats all around, facing that fireplace, it looked nearly victorian.

and there was nobody to be seen. next i remember, i found myself in front of that fireplace, and there was a small computer screen proudly diaplayed in the middle of the mantel. it was displaying an irc chat.

and connected to that computer, were the few remaining brain cells of the last 6 "people" left in the known universe. it was a sort of simulated reality, through this web chat, the remnants of the last 6 human beings communicated to each other. the last vestige of once-great humanity, communicating through text on a 12 inch screen.

i don't remember what they were talking about, but then, one finally decided to log off. ht started to say heartfelt goodbyes to everyone, and then signed off.

this 'signing off' process was irreversible. it signified the death of that 'person', there ware not only five consciousnesses left. then, the rest followed suit.

"yeah, i'm signing off too. see ya."

*disconnected*

the last one left:

"i'm out."

*disconnected*

and humanity was done. :|

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 11:59 pm

On a related note I'll be up all night to make sure I'm up to turn in my take home calc exam before 9am tomorrow

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 12:12 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
3:18am and still going strong after 5 days of no sleep!

Go Go Go? :lol:

Are you still ok???? 8O

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 12:47 am

I hate being a guinea pig for my colleges mental disabilities program. Damn you Iowa and the rest of the Midwest for always being a few years behind. They're trying to put together a kind of small group to help people who are really socially disabled learn to socialize. The voc rehab people keep prodding me to help pioneer it. And of course I'll probably do it, as awkward as it will be. I hate being in the system, I want to never be in the spotlight. I just want things to come naturally as unrealistic as that probably is these days. :hmph:

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 12:54 am

CRIKEY MY KEYBOARD DOES HAVE A LIGHT UP FUNCTION THAT I JUST ACCIDENTALLY FOUND!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 1:00 am

HORY SHET

that's awesome. wish mine had something like that..ten again, the blue glare from the screen itself might be enough.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 2:30 am

Nothing to do.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 4:20 am

I referred to the dryer door as the 'hole closer' :)

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 4:47 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:

"To dream is a gift!"

to dream is indeed a gift. every time i put my head on that pillow, i cannot wait to start wandering in my own mind...and i can't predict it! wow!! i love cool, dark quiet places also, noir, ambient and still. :heart:

i was recently flipping through homotopy to ottawa and i saw some notes i had quickly jotted down the night after i had a very poignant dream relating to lim.

(autocorrect wanted to correct my misspelled 'poignant' to 'repugnant'...yes, that too lol)

apparently in my dream, i was having an online conversation.

god.
ugh.
what?
do i have to explain my entire life to you?

(something about thanksgiving and fundamentalism)

goodbye. daddy was nice to me for once.
this was disappointing. all google. nice drawings, though.
google is happy!

_________

there is also another dream i had a few years ago that i just recently re-remembered. i was in an enormous structure, with large ceilings. it looked like a public library, indeed there were bookshelves everywhere, very high ones, but strangely there was also a section of the building with lots of other, mechanical goods. like brookstone.
i walked into the center of the library wing, there was an enormous, ornate fireplace with the overmantel stretching to the high ceiling. there were chairs and seats all around, facing that fireplace, it looked nearly victorian.

and there was nobody to be seen. next i remember, i found myself in front of that fireplace, and there was a small computer screen proudly diaplayed in the middle of the mantel. it was displaying an irc chat.

and connected to that computer, were the few remaining brain cells of the last 6 "people" left in the known universe. it was a sort of simulated reality, through this web chat, the remnants of the last 6 human beings communicated to each other. the last vestige of once-great humanity, communicating through text on a 12 inch screen.

i don't remember what they were talking about, but then, one finally decided to log off. ht started to say heartfelt goodbyes to everyone, and then signed off.

this 'signing off' process was irreversible. it signified the death of that 'person', there ware not only five consciousnesses left. then, the rest followed suit.

"yeah, i'm signing off too. see ya."

*disconnected*

the last one left:

"i'm out."

*disconnected*

and humanity was done. :|

WOW! Your dreams :D

When I do, I love dreaming! It's like being in the World but it just feels so surreal.

There's a good word! Surreal: "Having the disorienting, hallucinatory quality of a dream; unreal; fantastic"

I've got to go pack now. I'll post before going into hospital. After that, (I'm sure I mentioned) it's a week until they'll allow me my Babsy The Lappy back.

I hope they haven't changed it to two weeks :|

Friends :D

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 5:13 am

I think I'm going loopy. I'm talking to flies. Maybe I've been living on my own for too long 8O

Me to fly: "You're alright little fly. I've got no interest in killing you. You paranoid little bastards! You think everyone's out to kill you. Oh, ah, well, I guess they are. You poor little bastards!"

Glad I'm going to hospital! :D