What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 500 of 502 [ 8029 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502  Next

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2024, 5:16 pm

A relative of mine was in a serious crash the other day and suffered third degree burns to most of his body. He is now in a burn hospital and going through multiple surgeries to graft skin over the burns.

So the other night I had a dream where he was giving a talk on mathematics. He isn't a mathematician and what he was saying in the dream was rather simplistic. A little ways into the talk he just disappeared.

I woke up in a sweat and my first thought was that he had just died. It took a few minutes for me to realize that it was just a dream and did not reflect what is happening in a hospital hundreds of miles away.

(The above is a valid, but temporary, e-mail address that is relayed to my real e-mail. If it starts getting spammed, I'll just remove it and create a new one and change the signature block. If you want to send me an e-mail, feel free to do so, but be aware that unless you are using something like this, your e-mail address will be exposed to me.)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2024, 5:27 am

I had a trauma nightmare. I won't share that.

After the nightmare it morphed into this weird other part which was very real. Somehow I had a second daughter living with me. She was in her 20s like my real daughter but I couldn't remember her name because she doesn't really exist. I didn't know who her father was or how the heck she got in my house, but she looked like me and was clearly mine.

I was having panic attacks from guilt and shame because I didn't remember anything about her existence. Imagine not remembering your own child living in your own house? I went for what seemed like weeks trying to figure out her name, without my other kids catching on that I'd forgotten her. I looked through real-life photo albums hoping her name would be on the back of photographs but it wasn't. I looked for her birth certificate and even went through her purse and her phone. I still couldn't find any ID or figure out her name.

Finally I broke down and asked my real daughter. I said "this is going to sound crazy but I can't remember her name! I must be really tired!" My real daughter thought I was joking so she just laughed and didn't tell me.

Finally I had to go back to my real daughter and ask for the first letter of my other daughter's name. She said "O". It didn't ring a bell for me, and the only girl's name with O that I could think of was Olivia, but she said that was wrong. I was in tears trying to think of other O names but when I tried to use Google for baby names my phone kept melting or not having an O button.

In the meantime Daughter O had a mental health breakdown and was hysterical because I didn't remember her.

It doesn't sound like a big deal but it was extremely real and extremely stressful. Even when I woke up my heart was pounding from shame and anxiety. It took me a while to convince myself it was OK and she didn't actually exist.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2024, 11:11 pm

i dreamt i was in the army, but i also was in some kind of chaplain's corps where i had to dress up in a gold lamé fabric robe, and i was with a coworker in the company orderly room getting an out-processing briefing from the company commander, then we walked outside towards the fort gate, and i was saying to my coworker, "first thing we do after we exit the gate, is to head for the nearest pawnshop and get rid of these uniforms!" my coworker nodded in affirmation. then i awoke. :huh:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2024, 11:12 am

I had to pack up my hotel room but my stuff kept multiplying.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2024, 11:16 am

:lol:

That dream would do my head in

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2024, 4:04 pm

I was trying to text my friend to invite him at the last minute to an event at my house, but my phone wasn't working and kept sending nonsense texts. I tried to send another text explaining what was happening but it was still nonsense. Then he started responding, confused, and I couldn't explain what was happening. Also on my phone my name showed up as "utterly absurd" instead of my real name.
At the same time I realized that this event should have already started but no one was here yet, and I also remembered that my dad and I had planned to go out of town that day, but we needed to be here for the event. I started shouting at my dad that he should've planned better but he couldn't understand me. And my whole family was trying to watch TV as this was happening. Finally I realized that people were leaving and it was over and I had missed the whole thing trying to make my phone work.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2024, 4:17 pm

babybird wrote:
:lol:

That dream would do my head in

I woke-up because I was close to a meltdown. :oops:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2024, 1:13 pm

i dreamt i was in some kinda waiting room with beige walls and a painting of roses on the wall in a fancy wooden frame, and in the background the muzak [sound] system was playing "i see roses in december" ("crazy in the heart," an old peggy lee song).

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2024, 8:09 pm

I had a dream that I had a new job (at 70) teaching a driving class.

It was my first class of a one year renewable contract.

We were talking about driving a standard shift. I told them that if their foot is on the clutch, they have to make sure that it is all the way to the floor.

I told them that there are many things not to do when stepping on the clutch:
1) don't eat a spaghetti dinner
2) don't trim your toenails
3) don't trim your date's toenails
4) don't get a haircut

Then I woke up.

(The above is a valid, but temporary, e-mail address that is relayed to my real e-mail. If it starts getting spammed, I'll just remove it and create a new one and change the signature block. If you want to send me an e-mail, feel free to do so, but be aware that unless you are using something like this, your e-mail address will be exposed to me.)

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2024, 8:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i was in some kinda waiting room with beige walls and a painting of roses on the wall in a fancy wooden frame, and in the background the muzak [sound] system was playing "i see roses in december" ("crazy in the heart," an old peggy lee song).

That is a really fine song.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2024, 8:27 pm

^
Interesting possible symbolism. Like its suggesting that the dreamer is "becoming sanity impaired".

Could be worse though.
It coulda been THIS song:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 3:45 pm

Lately I keep dreaming I’m fresh outta the army and needing to file for my retirement papers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2024, 8:35 pm

i dreamt that i really hadda piddle, but all the places were full of nosy people, and i hadda go so bad that i leaked all over the place, finally finding a vacated toilet in which to piddle. and when i awoke i nervously checked myself but i was dry.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2024, 12:33 am

utterly absurd wrote:
I was trying to text my friend to invite him at the last minute to an event at my house, but my phone wasn't working and kept sending nonsense texts. I tried to send another text explaining what was happening but it was still nonsense. Then he started responding, confused, and I couldn't explain what was happening. Also on my phone my name showed up as "utterly absurd" instead of my real name.
At the same time I realized that this event should have already started but no one was here yet, and I also remembered that my dad and I had planned to go out of town that day, but we needed to be here for the event. I started shouting at my dad that he should've planned better but he couldn't understand me. And my whole family was trying to watch TV as this was happening. Finally I realized that people were leaving and it was over and I had missed the whole thing trying to make my phone work.

i have had many dreams along similar lines. i never could find a plausible explanation anywhere.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2024, 7:12 am

Another entry in Duck's boring dream journal.

I had a dream where I was making a packed lunch for my kid and she was being annoying while I was doing it. That happens in reality pretty much every school day.

Does it say something about a person if they don't dream much and when they do it's really mundane and unimaginative?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2024, 10:39 pm

^^^for a lot of us mere mortals, dreams come in seasons, you might go what seems like weeks between dreams but then out of the blue you may have a whopper of one or even several in a row.