Page 7 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 3:25 am

I'm sticking with my theory I told in the post a blatant lie thread, that moon landings were faked by Disney, but we're filmed on the moon to make them look real.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Dec 2020, 3:27 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
I'm sticking with my theory I told in the post a blatant lie thread that moon landings were faked by Disney, but we're filmed on the moon to make them look real.

It's similar to what I heard: the landing on the moon was a fake directed by Stanley Kubrick.
But you now Kubrick, he was a perfectionist, he insisted on taking shoots in the original location.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 3:56 am

magz wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
I'm sticking with my theory I told in the post a blatant lie thread that moon landings were faked by Disney, but we're filmed on the moon to make them look real.

It's similar to what I heard: the landing on the moon was a fake directed by Stanley Kubrick.
But you now Kubrick, he was a perfectionist, he insisted on taking shoots in the original location.

The first out of the two lies I told was there's a fake moon rock on the moon that has "Stan Kubrick wuz here" inscribed on it. There's a pretty entertaining video on YT all about how the Shining is full of hits from Kubrick that he directed the moon landings. I watched it for free a while back ago, but now it looks like you have to buy or rent it lol.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 4:06 am

Sylkat wrote:
The moon landing has been doubted since it was shown.
It will ALWAYS be doubted.
Truly, it accomplished nothing.

The same folks who deny the Moon Landing believe in the Philadelphia Experiment.

They think that we were too technologically primitive to land a man on the moon in 1969, but that we were secretly so advanced in technology in 1943 that we could make a 1500 ton navy destroyer travel back and forth in time.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 4:40 am

Someday all of humanity will visit Uranus. :nerdy:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 4:59 am

somebody mankind will learn how to shield themselves from the lethal radiation around such places.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 5:49 am

On the one hand I'm inclined to roll my eyes and shake my head at the moon landing hoax topic; but on the other hand, let it be looked at, discussed, and supported or not by available documentation and evidence.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 6:02 am

naturalplastic wrote:
They think that we were too technologically primitive to land a man on the moon in 1969, but that we were secretly so advanced in technology in 1943 that we could make a 1500 ton navy destroyer travel back and forth in time.
Actually, that right there tells the world it was a hoax, if the Navy had been serious about the thing they would have used a brand new 2200 ton Sumner class DD like the FRAM ones Dad was on in the cold war era.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 6:04 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Actually, that right there tells the world it was a hoax, if the Navy had been serious about the thing they would have used a brand new 2200 ton Sumner class DD like the FRAM ones Dad was on in the cold war era.

ummm, mebbe they perhaps wanted a boat that was more "disposable" should something bad happen? :idea:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 6:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

ummm, mebbe they perhaps wanted a boat that was more "disposable" should something bad happen? :idea:

Ya know, that's actually something they might do.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2023, 7:02 pm

BUMP

I saw the moon yesterday. And I found myself thinking that I *still* don't think we actually landed on the moon. :D

My dad was a big part of the space industry. I wish I had asked him about it before he passed away.....

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 7:32 pm

Buzz Aldrin (second person to walk on the moon) punched a journalist for saying it was fake. Was at a Q&A session for a book launch, where he was ranting about people thinking it was faked.

Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story is named after him.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 5:15 am

Yes of course we've been to the moon. Only conspiracy theory nuts believe otherwise.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jan 2023, 5:27 am

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 5:29 am

Radish wrote:
Yes of course we've been to the moon. Only conspiracy theory nuts believe otherwise.

"We", white man? 8)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jan 2023, 7:04 am

There was also an xkcd comic making fun of this "we" :mrgreen: