What's the most embarrasing thing that ever happened to you?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LoveMyAspieGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 10:14 am

Once, while I was going to the bathroom, I accedentally left the door unlocked and then someone almost opened the door, then I got up really fast and shut it and locked it. I was so lucky she didn't see me! :oops:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 10:29 am

Once, when I was at the bank, I thought a window was a mirror and started popping zits in front of it. There were girls on the other side and they pointed and laughed at me. It took me several minutes to realize that they weren't reflections but actual people. :oops:

Whatsherhame
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2010, 10:31 am

In the second grade, I flashed people.

I didn't understand the concept of 'gender' very well so when all the boys in class were lifting their shirts to show off their nonexistent six packs I said, "I have something like that , only there's two of 'em!" and you can guess what happened then. :oops:

Another time I was late going to the school play and the curtain opened while I was still getting into my costume! 8O

Holy hell. :oops:

gitchel
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2010, 1:53 pm

The most embarrasing moment I haven't blanked out was in highschool. I was doing the stage lights and, as I had numerous times during rehearsal, I grabbed a bunch of equipment and headed off to storage. Today, however, was DRESS rehearsal. The door I'd been using led through a dressing room full of half naked schoolgirls. They screamed (forever, I think) and I put my head down, ran away and hid for a few hours before walking home. Surprisingly, no one mentioned it to me the next day, though it was a very painful Opening Night for me.

Wish I'd been less shocked. I missed seeing what must have been a once-in-a-lifetime sight. Kinda like missing a full solar eclipse. Regret.

[email protected]
http://perseveration.org
Twitter: Gitchel

nihil de nobis sine nobis

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 2:09 pm

LoveMyAspieGirl wrote:
Once, while I was going to the bathroom, I accedentally left the door unlocked and then someone almost opened the door, then I got up really fast and shut it and locked it. I was so lucky she didn't see me! :oops:

That happened to me too! It was with my housemate in university. He almost saw me.

As for embarrasing moment, I was taking the bus home from university (they have a bus that takes you from university to a few places every Friday) and the water bottle that I put at the side of my bag fell to the floor. I had one of those metal bottles and the lid popped open and the water started spilling onto the floor. I picked up the bottle as fast as I can but the water spilled on the floor of two girls who sat across from me. They were wearing flip-flops and I heard them talking to each other saying things like "be careful the floor is all wet here" and so it was so embarassing because there was nothing I could do beyond the initial apology of saying "sorry".

iamiubu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2010, 9:53 pm

When I was in the fourth grade I designed and built my own version of a fire extinguisher using vinegar and baking soda. My 'seat of the pants' kind of design self was blissfully unaware of such considerations as fluid dynamics and strenght of materials. My confident self saw no need to test it at home before taking it to school. The demonstration in front of the class took an unexpected turn when it exploded, drenching me with vinegar, fire in the little cup still burning away. Laughter from the class was deafening. I spent an eternity in the washroom cleaning up and trying to figure out how I would ever face my classmates again. Mrs. Wilson, the teacher, finally came looking for me. She was very understanding but suggested I wait a couple of weeks before bringing in my homemade battery, just to be sure the kinks were worked out. Upon returning to the classroom the silence was deafening. I meekly walked in and took my seat thinking my once promising life was now officially over.

But, later at recess

Most of the boys told me how awsome they thought it was. Much neater than if it had functioned properly.
Most of the girls were still a little wary of me.

Life went on.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 10:03 pm

Splitting out the seat of my pants during a co-ed basketball game during recess.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 10:30 pm

Pretty much my entire 7th grade year was one long embarrassing roller coaster for me. I hated the 7th grade. If I am ever able to consult a hypnotherapist, I'd have my entire memory of the 7th grade completely erased; with the exception of the (very scarce) pleasant memories.