Page 1 of 33 [ 519 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 3:52 am

Use this thread for things you want to get off your chest. A bit like the rants thread in the haven but for things a bit more trivial (if you wish).

Example: "I got a headache :x", "My cat/dog/little sister is being annoying :x "

I'll go first.

So my doctor rang today to cancel my appointment I'm supposed to have on the 16th. The lady on the phone told me he's going away and that he won't be back until late July. I had a blood test a few weeks ago and I'm anxious about the results. I want to know them sooner not later!! The lady wouldn't get anybody to tell me the results over the phone!! :evil:

And the service at KFC was really slow today. I didn't have my lunch in my hands to eat until 1pm :x

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 4:38 am

I hit the back of my head against my table stand and I got a bump there. Laying down hurts!

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 4:58 am

me and my GF were having text-message sexytime, but then she fell asleep :P

understandable since she's been up all night. It's about 6:00AM where she is :lol:
but she stubbornly never admits to being tired though which is annoying so we'll be texting & all of a sudden i stop getting replies, and it'd usually be that she just conked out and fell asleep out of the blue.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 5:20 am

There are not enough people b*tching and moaning today!! :x

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 5:27 am

My boyfriend's father doesnt understand why I dont want to carry raw meat in my luggage on a domestic flight. In fact there is something very unglamorous about having even wrapped lamb chops jostling around next to your clothes. Why cant he understand this?

Taking a break.

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2010, 5:29 am

zen_mistress wrote:
My boyfriend's father doesnt understand why I dont want to carry raw meat in my luggage on a domestic flight. In fact there is something very unglamorous about having even wrapped lamb chops jostling around next to your clothes. Why cant he understand this?

LOL :lol:

And I'll be your ghost.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 6:00 am

I can't believe what a bioch my mother is. "They're old! People don't last forever!" I just hope that she isn't around, when Mick Avory passes away. That way, I won't get hurt. :evil:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 6:33 am

Screw that stupid office manager lady!! She's making everyone enter thier time sheets daily now and hand it in to her by 10am the next day. I'm gonna wipe my butt with it every day at 9:55am and then give it to her :evil:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 6:58 am

blue_bean wrote:
Screw that stupid office manager lady!! She's making everyone enter thier time sheets daily now and hand it in to her by 10am the next day. I'm gonna wipe my butt with it every day at 9:55am and then give it to her :evil:

Sounds like a good idea that could go wrong. :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 7:54 am

this will not be read because it is too long and trivial but it was writ because it is a corner of existence that happened.

the pancake dilemma.

tammy and me were talking yesterday about what we wanted for dinner.

i wanted honey soy chicken wings and rice, and she wanted macaroni cheese.

i said to her that we can buy some exotic honey, and some super strong soy sauce and make our own extra strength blend of sauce to glaze the wings with before we cooked them, and she was not interested.

she said she wanted "continental macaroni cheese" only, so we were going to (oh f*ck i gotta keep this short) make our own meals.

then i decided that if we were going to cook our own separate dinners, i would have pikelets.

tammy was interested and she said "no! we should have pancakes".
i asked her what the difference was and she said she did not know, but she wanted pancakes instead of pikelets.

we were lying in bed at 4:30 in the afternoon.
so i got up(groan) and looked up the difference between the 2 on the internet.
pancakes are a thinner batter.

i decided that i would have my pikelets dressed with brown sugar and orange sauce, and tammy got extremely hungry at that suggestion.

she demanded that we go to the supermarket and buy oranges ( i already had the other ingredients) and so we went and got oranges.

then when we got home, we lied down again and i described how i was going to make the dish, and she was not impressed and she wanted to prepare her own pancakes.

i asked her what her recipe for the pancake batter was and she asked me what mine was.

i refused to tell her until she told me hers because i asked first.
then she refused to tell me her recipe as well.

i asked her if she curdled her milk with vinegar before she added it to the dry ingredients.
she said "yuck!! !! no way". i said that it results in a fluffier batter but she was not interested.

i asked her whether she added a few pinches of salt to the mixture and she was repulsed at the idea of adding salt to an otherwise sweet pancake batter and she said "you've got to be kidding!!"

i told her that it would stop them from tasting blandly and sickly sweet and she said "i know how to make pancakes buddy!! !"

i asked her whether she was going to add some baking soda to help the pancakes fluff up, and she told me that she knew how to make the batter and it did not need sodium bicarbonate.

i said i was going to juice the oranges in a juicer, and then strain the juice and boil the juice in a saucepan until it became reduced and tangy,

she ridiculed that idea and said she would just squeeze an orange wedge on her pancakes.
i said "but it will be too weak! it will make the pancakes soggy and you will not really taste the orangey flavour . it would be better if the flavor was intensified by reducing it, and then it would be like a syrup that does not sog the pancakes with weak tasting juice".

she was adamant that she would do it her way.

so i said that she would cook her dinner first, and i would cook my dinner after she had finished.

she poured 1/2 a kilogram of flour into the bowl and i told her "that is way too much flour" and she started getting sh***y, so i stood back and observed her silly preparation.

then she spooned only 4 tablespoons of white sugar into the mix (which i knew was not enough for that amount of flour).

then she used .5 litres of milk to wet the mixture, and she whipped it up and she forgot to add an egg. i reminded her that she needed an egg and she snapped at me "just let me make my own f*cking mixture ok?". then she asked me to get the eggs out, and she cracked one into her batter and resumed whipping it.

she put the frying pan onto the stove (that i had switched on to the right temperature for her) and she oiled it up and she was about to spoon a scoop of mixture into the fryingpan and i said " so you do not add melted butter to your batter?"
she said "for gods sake!! !! !! just piss off and let me do this by myself!! !!"

so i went into the lounge room and after a minute she screamed at me " where do you keep the butter?!?!?!"

i went back in to the kitchen and i got the butter out of the fridge and i cut a knob off and she did not know how to melt it in the microwave, so i did it for her in a measuring cup, and she poured it into her batter and whipped it through.

then she cooked her batter and i went back to the loungeroom to leave her in peace.

her pancakes were a dismal failure and she ate 2 of them and she gave up.

then i went into the kitchen after she was finished and i poured her batter into a dish for disposal and i washed the bowl and made my own mixture,
i reduced the orange juice in the saucepan and i made some excellent pikelets that i was drooling over as i took them off the frypan.

but tammy was standing there and she said "i am sooo hungry. how did your pancakes (pikelets) turn out so well?".
i said " just good luck really. do you want this one?" and she said yes and i then cooked another 4 pancakes for her and she liked them and gobbled them up, and i got to eat 1 pancake because she ate the rest of my pancakes.

so some people would think they could not put up with her.
i am so glad that she is able to think in this world and i would be devistated if she had a stroke and was lost to me.

she is a very simple person and so am i and what we share is very simple but extremely strong

jennyishere
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 8:28 am

Thank you for sharing your "corner of existence", B9. I did read your whole post, by the way, and your regard for Tammy shines through. I think the fact that you were so patient with her shows that- you let her make mistakes and still shared your pancakes with her. (I'm sorry you only ended up with one, though- they sounded delicious.)

I've often read your posts. Your perspective on life is sometimes very different from mine, but you are always a distinctive voice here on WP.

Jenny

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 10:48 am

how and the hell my bank sent me a check for 300 then i cashed it, 2 weeks later yes today. hello is Monique in she have to pay the check back it bounced, hello i don't have the fricken money anymore, i purchase school stuff. :roll: :roll:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 10:52 am

Speaking of Monique's money problem, WHY DIDN'T I GET PAID? I finally finished college and the happy ending I got out of it is getting nothing. I was saving up to get a new phone. :( Turns out its not going to happen. :(

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 11:04 am

superboyian wrote:
Speaking of Monique's money problem, WHY DIDN'T I GET PAID? I finally finished college and the happy ending I got out of it is getting nothing. I was saving up to get a new phone. :( Turns out its not going to happen. :(

this kinda remind me what happen to me last month, i came in to my college to pick up my class schedule, i go upstairs see a long long aXXs line in i'm thinking there no way this is for the schedule, so when i saw people walking back with a huge smile on their face, i look in one ladies hand, i said wow a check, went and said is this the scduel room wich i knew it wasn't :lol: :lol: :lol: . the women said know its to pick up your check, for people who did student loans and FASA
ect, so i went in they told me come back Monday i thought she said at 9, get there Monday at 9 . it was 11, so i go in there in guess what. your name is not on the list, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . they say sign up for extra funding next month July so that's what my plan is. 8O 8O

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 11:43 am

Re: b9's post

jennyishere wrote:
I've often read your posts. Your perspective on life is sometimes very different from mine, but you are always a distinctive voice here on WP.

+1 :) and I did enjoy reading your entire post. Tammy is very lucky to have you.

Now for my moan....

The things we do for our kids are sometimes insane!! !!

16yo son wants 16yo mate to spend the winter break at our house. We agree and live to regret it!!

I want my home to go back to normal! I hate having this kid who isn't house trained traipsing around my house..especially at night!

Note to self: Tomorrow I ask him to move on...or hospitality will surely turn into hostility!

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 11:43 am

superboyian wrote:
if you wanted a happy ending you should've asked the masseuse