Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 5:20 am

I'm in need of a username for my Playstation Network account, but I seem to be drawing a blank. So, I thought I would see if you fine people might have some ideas for me. :) Any suggestions?

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 5:39 am

KB_PlayNet

headgamer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2011, 6:29 am

Why not just go with Kaybee? If that is already taken go with Pouncing Fox.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 6:44 am

Vulpine Bouncificus

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 7:03 am

lazy_dog (over which the quick fox jumped)

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 7:39 am

headgamer wrote:

Yeah, I'm considering Kaybee, but I'd prefer it be something else. I like Pouncing Fox! Should have thought of it myself. ^_^;

Moog wrote:
Vulpine Bouncificus

:lol: Another good one. I like lazy_dog, too, but I'd be a bit surprised if that wasn't already taken.

Last edited by Kaybee on 05 Jan 2011, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 7:39 am

Your WP username.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 8:18 am

Kaybee wrote:
headgamer wrote:

Yeah, I'm considering Kaybee, but I'd prefer it be something else. I like Pouncing Fox! Should have thought of it myself. ^_^;

Moog wrote:
Vulpine Bouncificus

:lol: Another good one. I like lazy_dog, too, but I'd be a bit surprised if that wasn't already taken.

What about daisy log?

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 10:37 pm

Moog wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
headgamer wrote:

Moog wrote:
Vulpine Bouncificus

What about daisy log?

Or dazy_log

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 10:54 pm

OceanRain
OceanReign :D

Sorry if I'm wayy off, but I think I got a sense that you like ocean stuff. I can think of more names given time though :)

Ooh, will you be on PS3's PSN :)?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 11:10 pm

Something obscure or outdated.

Edit: Just read the Topic, not the actual post.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 11:51 pm

Moog wrote:
What about daisy log?

You're a silly man, Mr. Moog. :P

bucephalus wrote:
Or dazy_log

My train of thought on reading this: "dazy_log, dazed log, log knocked on the head. It's log, it's log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. Heey, I could be 'BigHeavyWood!' Oh wait, that might not be taken quite right. >_>"

Lace-Bane wrote:
OceanRain
OceanReign :D

Sorry if I'm wayy off, but I think I got a sense that you like ocean stuff. I can think of more names given time though :)

Ooh, will you be on PS3's PSN :)?

I like ocean stuff, yeah, thanks for the suggestions. I like anything Earth-y, really, though it doesn't have to be. I was wondering if just "Tree" is taken. :lol:

And yes, I will be on the PSN! Just as soon as I get around to choosing a name and buying a couple of games. Should be on there in a few days. I take it you are as well? What do you play? I haven't decided what games to get, either. I'll probably get Uncharted 2 because I've got a few people pushing me to play it with them, and I'm thinking of trying Red Dead Redemption: Undead, but don't know if it's any good. I'm also considering Demon's Souls, but I'm a bit uncertain about how the online aspect of that one works. I'm really just looking around at what's available--I'm not remotely up to date with my video games.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 12:38 am

Kaybee wrote:
And yes, I will be on the PSN! Just as soon as I get around to choosing a name and buying a couple of games. Should be on there in a few days. I take it you are as well? What do you play? I haven't decided what games to get, either. I'll probably get Uncharted 2 because I've got a few people pushing me to play it with them, and I'm thinking of trying Red Dead Redemption: Undead, but don't know if it's any good. I'm also considering Demon's Souls, but I'm a bit uncertain about how the online aspect of that one works. I'm really just looking around at what's available--I'm not remotely up to date with my video games.

Yes I am on PSN :D... alot :oops:. I play alot of different stuff really. If you mean games I've played that were good I'd have to say although I'm miffed with Capcom... you said you like scary stuff... you might really like Resident Evil 5. It's co-op and there's a team death match mode as well. I think if you get the gold edition new you get a token to download all the download content for free :) (Just make sure to get a copy that says it's move compatible if you get it... not that I know you want to play it with a move controller, but your copy has to say move compatible or you'll not be given the option if you feel like playing it with motion controls... it's why I'm miffed with Capcom... I've got an ancient copy and can't try it out with my new move controller :(). I don't know what kind of games you like though so I don't know what to refer. I guess games I play online would be RE5, and Demon's Souls... I really play solo alot but I have played those recently with friends.

Uncharted two isn't bad. It's mostly a first person shooter with an explorer theme... kinda reminded me of tomb raider meets FPS although it's mostly fps aside from some exploratory/action elements.

RDR... that could be hit or miss. Alot of people really like it. I don't think it's bad... I just can't make myself play it without a friend because I get kinda bored by myself since the humor is too Rock Star and it's like an old western world... without many options of things to do other than errands. However I have fun playing it with one of my friends, but I think I just really like playing with her over the game :?. I've not played the zombie expansion though so maybe that's more interesting than the stand alone game. The game mechanics weren't too bad so it's a possibility that that could be good :).

In Demon's Souls the multiplayer aspect is kinda weird. For one, anybody who is close to your character level can invade your world and try to kill you (This ruined my interest in playing the game a bit because I don't like that just anybody can come into my game)... and the co-op aspect works in the same manner as the person you want to play with has to be near your level. Your "dead" friend puts something called a soul sign down and you see it in your world if you're alive and you summon them. I only play co-op since it makes killing trolly invaders easier :). Other than the invasions being something I didn't like... the game was fairly interesting and fun, but make sure you're up to a challenge because alot of people say it's one of the hardest games they've played... I don't know how true that is cuz I've played much harder and thought it was easy once you learn attack animations and what the best stuff to use is :?.

I got quite a few multiplayer games for Christmas that I'm trying out (I'm trying them out slowly. I've gotten hooked on SPLATTERHOUSE :oops:) and I can let you know how those are if you'd like once I get to playing them. If you want to add me on PSN, just PM me :). I don't really want to post my PSN ID here so all of google can see :(

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 1:07 am

I forgot to mention in case you didn't know, but you can't change your PSN ID once you make it so make sure you pick a good one :D

I think I like Pouncing Fox the best so far :).

I created my ID years ago and sadly don't like the name I chose anymore, but can't change it. My only option is starting a new profile, but then my trophies wont carry over and I'd have to do that stuff over again and I'd rather not... I also have too much download content tied to my ID for it to make sense for me to change mine :(

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 1:16 am

Lace-Bane wrote:
... you might really like Resident Evil 5. ... (Just make sure to get a copy that says it's move compatible if you get it... not that I know you want to play it with a move controller, but your copy has to say move compatible or you'll not be given the option if you feel like playing it with motion controls... it's why I'm miffed with Capcom... I've got an ancient copy and can't try it out with my new move controller :(). I don't know what kind of games you like though so I don't know what to refer. I guess games I play online would be RE5, and Demon's Souls... I really play solo alot but I have played those recently with friends.

Ah, that's a shame about not being able to try your move controller on RE5. I don't know if I'll ever get one myself, but I'll keep that in mind. RE5 is another one I've been considering, but I've heard it's not very scary or much like past Resident Evil games. I am looking for co-op games, though, and I do enjoy shooting zombies ;)

I didn't realize just anybody can drop into your Demon's Souls game and kill you. I'd imagine I'd find that very stressful, especially since I'll undoubtedly be terrible (I am new to the PS3, after all). Maybe I'll hold off on that one. I don't think any of my friends have it, anyway. As for what kind of games I like, normally I'm more of an action/RPG type of person. I like horror survival games, but I'm too cowardly about them and take forever to get anywhere, so I usually prefer to watch other people play them. I can enjoy Civ as well, but I prefer not to play it competitively against other people.

Quote:
Uncharted two isn't bad. It's mostly a first person shooter with an explorer theme... kinda reminded me of tomb raider meets FPS although it's mostly fps aside from some exploratory/action elements.

I played the multiplayer at a friend's recently and I liked it well enough. Pretty standard fare, I thought. The perspective's third-person, which is a must for me. I get all dizzy and disoriented when I'm stuck in first-person mode--totally useless.

Quote:
I got quite a few multiplayer games for Christmas that I'm trying out (Slowly... I've gotten hooked on SPLATTERHOUSE :oops:) and I can let you know how those are if you'd like to add me on PSN. If you do want to add me, just PM me :). I don't really want to post my PSN ID so all of google can see :(

I was just looking at that, actually. Single player, isn't it? And yeah, I was hesitant to ask the internet for a PSN name because of that, but decided I was probably being paranoid in the end. I doubt anyone will go Googling my ID. And if they do and get directed here: Hello to you! Why are you Googling me? Please go away, thanks.

There, problem sorted. ;)

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 1:23 am

Lace-Bane wrote:
I forgot to mention in case you didn't know, but you can't change your PSN ID once you make it so make sure you pick a good one :D

Oh, I know, that's why I resisted the urge to just sign up as Kaybee. But thanks for the warning.