Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 1:00 pm

Does anyone from here also take pleasure in spending time with those who could be classified only as simpletons, people of low intelligence? I do, not because I have too much of a common ground with such people but just because, to use a metaphor, my star's shine is the more intense, the bigger is the contrast between me and others (for this reason I always truly enjoyed spending time with grandparents' redneck neighbors because they always admired me).

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 2:34 pm

My redneck neighbors hated me (and the rest of my family), because I was different from them in every way and therefore I was the devil. :?

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

I can't stand being around idiots. I consider stupidity to be an infectious disease. I also hate talking to people who are intoxicated.

I go out of my way to find and talk to the smartest and most sober person in any crowd I'm in. In this way, I can spend an entire party or other gathering having an intelligent conversation and ignoring the drunk people.

No, for me, I'm much more comfortable when I am the least intelligent person in the room.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 5:24 pm

I would hate being around idiots if they were obnoxious and loud, I don't mind the nice, harmless and benign sort of them, they are O.K. then. The rednecks I used to know were like that - uneducated simpletons but friendly ones.

ZeroGravitas, who is the person from your avatar? I saw someone on here with the same one but that person has been absent for a looong time.

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2011, 5:34 pm

^^^ It's Rorschach, from Alan Moore's graphic novel Watchmen.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 5:36 pm

Ah, thanks :D I was wondering about this when I arrived in here for the first time - some older poster who doesn't come to the board any more, had the same one. Mine is Satan from The Adventures of Mark Twain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGGAjMg9vw

Last edited by Irulan on 26 Mar 2011, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 5:37 pm

I'd rather be a dumb drummer than an unhappy genus. :)

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 5:53 pm

people who are of low intelligence,in my opinion are more accepting people...
but ignorant people of low/high/average intelligence are irritating,get on my nerves...
I say I am of average intelligence compared to people here but :IRL: I above average compared to my peers....but I have a open mind and dont judge people as quickly as others...well at least that is the way I view myself... :wink:

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

sandrana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2011, 7:17 pm

some of my favorite colleagues at work are people who are considered 'slow'. Not intellectually, but slow moving, slow talking, etc. I'm a slow thinker, so talking to a slow talker is a nice, mellow way to spend time.

Also, I think that because they're physically slow, they probably perceive the world a little differently than our fast-paced counterparts, and these slowpokes often have a perspective on the world that is very similar to mine. :)

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 7:25 pm

sandrana wrote:
some of my favorite colleagues at work are people who are considered 'slow'. Not intellectually, but slow moving, slow talking, etc. I'm a slow thinker, so talking to a slow talker is a nice, mellow way to spend time.

Also, I think that because they're physically slow, they probably perceive the world a little differently than our fast-paced counterparts, and these slowpokes often have a perspective on the world that is very similar to mine. :)

That sounds quite refreshing actually. Fast-paced people wear me out.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 8:03 pm

I like to think that I can hang out with anyone, but I really prefer to be around people who can challenge me or teach me in some way (no matter their intellect or level of functioning). I don't really feel I get much out of simply looking good by comparison.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 2:39 am

I've never hung out with people to make myself look good; I consider my friends to be my equals no matter what their level of intelligence.
I like people who offer different viewpoints from mine, as it keeps my mind from closing in on a small circle of thoughts and biases.

I have 2 people who are definitely friends: one is a pastry chef who hasn't had any education beyond high school; the other is missing part of her brain, is on a disability pension and has trouble with reading and writing. They are friends because of mutual respect and regard.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I