Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 7:39 pm

So a few years back, I had ordered a load of shopping online from Tesco for home delivery, as I unpacked my groceries, I discovered the packer had slipped in an Alison Krauss CD which I certainly hadn't ordered as I get my CDs from Amazon, and had hardly even heard of Alison Krauss.

So I popped it into the CD player to see if I like it, couldn't stand it so its probably in a cupboard, never to be played again.

Anyway, I just bought some Collide CDs from Amazon, (click HERE if you want to hear something really amazing), these CDs had a new "Amazon Cloud" thing were you get the whole album in MP3 format as well as the phsyical disk.

Once I had then subsequently signed into Amazon Cloud, it proceeded to give me every album I had bought from them over the years as an MP3 Album in my Amazon Cloud library.

As I looked through the list, I was rather perturbed to discover an Alison Krauss album which I certainly never bought from Amazon, just as I never bought one from Tescos.

Is this some sort of Alison Krauss gimmick were she becomes one of the biggest "stars" by forcing her albums on people at every opportunity, or is she stalking me?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 7:51 pm

I think she may be stalking you, bro ... I can't imaging anyone buying her albums.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 8:08 pm

A definite stalker. Watch out next time you open your glove box....or peek in the attic....or visit Pandora... 8O

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 10:16 pm

Be careful. She was rejected one, and nobody knew how much she blamed herself. She tried to hide the whiskey on her breath. It could happen again you know. She'll try to drink her pain away a little at a time and she'll probably never get drunk enough to get you off her mind. You just never know what she might do. She might just put that bottle to her head and pull the trigger and finally drink her pain away.

Sorry, but that's the only song of hers I know and it's only because it's played all the time around here. I don't listen to the country stations but they are really unavoidable so I've heard it over, and over and over. I finally looked up the video and was absolutely surprised to see Ricky Shroeder play the guy in it.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 12:45 am

Just a coincidence.

For a couple years my gf kept meeting Marion Berry in person (the disgraced one time mayor of washington DC) at public events- they just kept crossing paths.