Silly question, Nail files any good?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

I have always picked at my nails, Just realized that my fingernails actually look decent right now. I can't stand the sound that nail clippers make. So are they much better?

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 4:09 pm

I can't stand nail clippers either. I use nail scissors instead. Cutting the nails of your right hand with your left (or the other way around if you're left-handed) takes some getting used to, but once you've got the hang of it it's quite easy. The trick is to turn your fingers instead of moving the scissors when cutting your right hand nails.

I've never tried a nail file. I'd be afraid to accidentally file my fingertips off or something :)

Last edited by CrazyCatLord on 17 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

Nail files aren't for cutting. You can get nail scissors... Point of a file is to smooth out the nail after cutting.

kg4fxg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

Nails are a huge deal the the classical guitar circles I am in. The best are the Diamond Dust nail files. You should try several and can get them at the grocery store or Walmart, or Drug Store. I have a whole bag of nail files and sandpaper which all classical guitarists use.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 4:21 pm

I use a pair of embroidery scissors to cut my nails. They have finer blades and are easier to control. If I get any little 'snags' on my nails instead of using a nail file I've got a nice little rock I found on the garden, shale I think - if isn't quite as coarse as nail files and does an excellent job.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

I don't like the feel of nail clippers or nail files.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm

Pick 'em off! :wink:

But if you want to look really smart, then little curved nail scissors, no need to file unless you're at a higher risk of scratching someone somehow.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.