my chinchilla baby died and i feel so guilty

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2012, 2:12 pm

she died because she starved there were three of them and she was the smallest. I could have saved her but i didnt know she was starving I feel so guilty right now like i killed her. she was so little and cute and i feel so guilty. RIP dawn

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 2:14 pm

Not sure...How to respond...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:00 pm

Sweet Pea hugsImage

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

23 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm

Try not to blame yourself too much. I have a chinchilla myself. I read a tad about breeding them & runts not getting enough nourishment is something that requires very close attention. For what' it's worth I admire you for breeding them. That's a big responsibility but I'm sure the other two babies & the rest of your chins will be very well cared for. Your welcome to PM me if you'd like to chat about anything related to chins or anything else. I haven't seen anyone else here mention having one & a few have asked me what they were when I mentioned having one.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 11:55 pm

It's OK to be sad about it, but you shouldn't blame yourself for something you did not know. You'll do better in the future at watching more closely. Even with best intent we all make mistakes.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 1:19 am

Toy_Soldier wrote:
It's OK to be sad about it, but you shouldn't blame yourself for something you did not know. You'll do better in the future at watching more closely. Even with best intent we all make mistakes.

I agree completely. It wasn't your fault; you didn't know. Don't blame yourself, but at the same time, allow yourself to grieve a little if it makes you feel better.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 1:29 am

I don't have much to add, this might sound weird but i think its really good that you posted about it though :o And i will give you a hug! And you didn't kill her, its just that most pets aren't so friendly towards each other, and you didn't know, but like Toy_Soldier said, its alright to be sad about it, i would be sad too.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2012, 6:15 pm

nick007 wrote:
Try not to blame yourself too much. I have a chinchilla myself. I read a tad about breeding them & runts not getting enough nourishment is something that requires very close attention. For what' it's worth I admire you for breeding them. That's a big responsibility but I'm sure the other two babies & the rest of your chins will be very well cared for. Your welcome to PM me if you'd like to chat about anything related to chins or anything else. I haven't seen anyone else here mention having one & a few have asked me what they were when I mentioned having one.

yeah... we dont breed them at all. they mate all on their own and it creates a cycle of putting the other female with the male to give the mother space.......and then that creates more babies...so on and so forth.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

24 Sep 2012, 7:37 pm

UDAspie13 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

yeah... we dont breed them at all. they mate all on their own and it creates a cycle of putting the other female with the male to give the mother space.......and then that creates more babies...so on and so forth.

I used the word breeding because I thought it sounded better than mating. Some people would get the male fixed but you might could get another cage for cheap somewhere; it wouldn't have to be too big if it would just be used for a while till the other female could be put back. Are you planning on keeping the babies?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

It's okay, you didn't know. :pig: :nemo: :elephant: