A gender-swapped version of yourself

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Jul 2013, 9:37 pm

Admit it, this question crosses your mind at times: "What would a gender-swapped version of me look like?" Well, answer it here.
----
I'd be called Joanna or Joanne, firstly. Secondly, I would look my older sister, except a lot more nerdier (w/the glasses) and a hockey jersey. That'd be me as a girl.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Last edited by equestriatola on 29 Jul 2013, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 9:42 pm

My alternate female self would likely resemble one of those broken old women you see pushing shopping carts around and sleeping behind dumpsters.

I've been through a lot, and I doubt that my female self would have had the physical strength to get through it as well as I have.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 10:04 pm

Different life experiences, different kinds of interaction with other people, different social expectations, different mind and hormones, who knows! I'd have crushes on guys!
Going by my genes, at least I'd be physically attractive and that would serve me well.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 10:19 pm

equestriatola wrote:
Admit it, this question crosses your mind at times: "What would a gender-swapped version of me look like?" Well, answer it here.
----
I'd be called Joanna, firstly. Secondly, I would look my older sister, except a lot more nerdier (w/the glasses) and a hockey jersey. That'd be me as a girl.

That question as never crossed my mind to be totally honest with you. I can't picture myself as a man and I don't want to.
Why should I?

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 12:19 am

I would look similiar to my sister or a female cousin

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:07 am

I have sometimes wondered whether my life would be better if I were the opposite gender, because my little habits and mannerisms seem more in line with what a stereotypical guy would do rather than a girl. (For example - dressing for comfort over style, being messy/disorganized, never shaving, being a pervert, swearing a lot, etc.)

My name (or rather, my nickname) is gender-neutral so that wouldn't change. I'm rather plain-looking and for some reason I think my features on a male face (everything more angular) would be goofy-looking, so in other words, I'd be even less attractive than I am now... I'm overweight so if I were a guy, I'd probably have manboobs... I'd probably have a wildly unruly beard from never shaving, because even as a girl I have an irrational hatred of shaving and I'd be glad if I could get away with it... As for clothing, I'd still choose comfort over style, but I'd probably prefer wearing darker/earth-toned clothes instead of the obnoxiously rainbow-colored outfits I usually wear...

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:32 am

Eww. I'd be taller and hairier, but otherwise look pretty similar. 8O

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:03 am

I don't know what my name , but I would still have long hair for a boy, and dress the same way but in different colours that are less girly.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 4:27 am

Fnord wrote:
My alternate female self would likely resemble one of those broken old women you see pushing shopping carts around and sleeping behind dumpsters.

I've been through a lot, and I doubt that my female self would have had the physical strength to get through it as well as I have.

Women are tougher than you think they are, particularly mentally.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 5:35 am

Judging from how my mother looks in photos from her 20's and how I remember my aunts lookidf when I was a kid I would probably be pretty good looking. Plus, I'd have that 'bonus' that Asian (well, half-) women in America get.

Though, at 45 (and somewhat fat) probably not as much as 25. "Black don't crack" does seem apply somewhat, though.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 6:14 am

I'd be a somewhat of a geeky metalhead looking guy with long dark hair and a goatee beard. I'd be about 5'10" tall and I'd have a slightly more slender body than my brothers. If I had the same skin I have now my face would be considered better looking than average, but it'd be hidden behind nerdy spectacles.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:33 am

A bald, pudgy short guy named Don.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:54 am

I'd be about the same as I am now but with no boobs, different genitals, and a slightly differently shaped body.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 9:18 am

My name would be Jonathan (Jon for short), and I would probably be skinnier than I actually am. I would also have somewhat of a classic 70s look, having long flowing hair, a beard, and would be seen wearing an ascot.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:13 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Fnord wrote:
My alternate female self would likely resemble one of those broken old women you see pushing shopping carts around and sleeping behind dumpsters. I've been through a lot, and I doubt that my female self would have had the physical strength to get through it as well as I have.
Women are tougher than you think they are, particularly mentally.

Would a woman have been able to hold on to a ship's mast in rain and rolling seas while aligning a satcom antenna? Would a woman have been able to load and unload trucks full of 50-pound bags of fertilizer by hand every day for three weeks straight? Would a woman have been able to carry 70 pounds of telemetry gear and a 30-pound field pack on a three-day hike into the mountains?

No, my female self would have been smaller, weaker, and whinier - she wouldn't have been "pretty", either - and would likely have been dismissed from employment on numerous occasions for asserting her "rights".

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:31 am

^ although as a woman you'd probably have had very, very different life experiences, especially when taking into account your age (ripple effect, one small change in your youth would do an increasingly larger effect later on)