Why do I have an obsession with acting and Hollywood?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 5:37 pm

Even if I never been in a play during most parts of my life, I have become somehow obsessed with being a Hollywood actor. I'm even trying to convince myself to take up theater acting.

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 5:19 pm

A lot of people have that obsession. It may be that you're interested in a specific person or group of people that you'd like to meet. Being famous could put you in their circles. Or that you want to live the lifestyle. Being known, having money, all that jazz.

I'm not interested in acting because I have insecurities about my appearance and I'm bad at talking and all that. But being a producer or director is an interesting prospect. I'd like to make dreams into reality. As well as meet some nice, cool people.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 7:09 pm

I have that obsession as well :D
It's not that I wish to become a famous actor or anything but it would be Awesome if I could do acting for a living!
I enjoy entertaining people, in the 6th grade we had a stage in our classroom. Whenever the teacher ask who wanted to do a stage play for the class I always wanted to join.
We had drama classes in middle school, and the kids usually enjoyed my performance.
When I was young I also played in a commercial, 2 years ago I wanted to actually try to do something with acting and I found a casting call site where people could post advertisements for actors/extras for their school projects, short films, TV shows and sometimes feature films.
I was an extra in a TV show because of that site and they actually asked me if I wanted to be a featured extra for a few episodes which was really fun to do.
Other than that I also was an extra in a feature film (I appeared for like 3 seconds in the actual film but I was clearly visible in the trailer and that was really Awesome) and a few other jobs.
My new years resolution of this year was to actually try to audition for projects, even though I haven't had an succesful audition I'm still glad that I got to audition for 3 different acting schools, got invited to audition for a feature film (They have an audition event every year for a new film but out of the 14,000 people to audition, they only select 3,000) did a casting for a short film, a few voice over auditions and I was an extra in a music video.

Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, I just didn't know that there were other people here that are interested in acting, I just got a little excited over that! :D

TL;DR If you really like acting and want to do more with it, then do it! (Heheheheh, I'm terrible at inspiring messages :U)