I'll never shop at Build-a-Bear again!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

No it's not because they support Autism $peaks, or used to anyway, it's because their service is horrific. Even though there weren't any kids and only a few people in the store when I went there yesterday they acted like I didn't exist and there was maybe only one person working and I'm standing there with this bear costume of Ursula the Sea Witch that I thought was so cool and I didn't pick out a stuffed animal this time, so I'm just waiting and waiting while they're playing one of their diabetes-inducing teddy bear songs and they don't even look my way. Finally I just lost it, threw the things I was going to buy on the floor, stormed out, and had a rage that dissolved into tears.

And only an hour or so later, my period started. :(

There are things I want to do in spite of my problems with crowds, lack of patience, and difficulties coping with change in routine. If I don't do them I will not life at all outside these four walls. But I'm still miserable over what happened at Build-a-Bear and not getting what I wanted to buy, after having to get up early, traveling in a car for maybe 5 hours, and having to sleep in a hotel. And the building your own bear thing is such a stupid gimmick. It's like child labor disguised as something "fun" and charging way more money for it. I'm even thinking of giving away the stuff I bought at the store the last two times I went but I don't really want to get rid of my Kermit and Miss Piggy dolls because they're too hard to replace. Why can't just I shop online like normal people? :(

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 10:03 pm

well, it is fortunate that there were few people and no screaming kids when you went that did not bug you more, that much is good.

although i'd expect that with fewer people, they would pay more individual attention to the customers, that wasn't the case for whatever reason. did you see them busy with moving merchandise around or attending to other matters or were they just doing nothing?

obviously ignoring your customers isn't a wise move, especially when they didn't do anything but then it is up to you to approach them. it is often hard for me too, but i find it's much more rewarding in the end when you walk out with the item you want instead of hesitating. that is me.

also you have to drive five hours??? 8O are there no other alternative stores closer to you?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.