Would you be offended if someone calls you a "nutter", "kook

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Would you be offended if someone calls you a "nutter", "kook" or similar?
Definately yes 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Rather yes 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Rather no 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Definately no 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 21

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 10:03 am

I would not be offended. I have ill mentality so I named myself as for example "kook" or "nutter" (which means crazy or eccentric person). I am not only an Aspie - I had something more complicated and weird (something more about it on viewtopic.php?t=270095 (not for children, it is about sexual matters) and viewtopic.php?t=272036 or viewtopic.php?t=96822&start=30#p6373527). So I had to do something with my pottiness. I have also environmental problems in my family.

I do not want to name other people on this forum (also those who have problems similar to mine) as "nutters", "kooks" etc.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 4:25 pm

Not particularly, I may be upset if they are putting me down for it....but no issue with people observing I am a bit on the crazy side. In general I am probably more offended if someone implied the opposite.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:38 pm

No. I know I'm crazy, and I'm okay with that.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:43 pm

Actions offend me far more than words.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:44 pm

Yes.

The last person to call me a name that is synonymous with "Brain Damaged" was once one of the most respected men in our community. People admired him, and respected him for his accomplishments and leadership abilities (which seemed to included a marked proficiency in verbal abuse).

He recently had a stroke, which left him uncommunicative, and trapped in a body that won't obey his will.

Karma sucks for him.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:57 pm

When haven't they? It would be too exhausting being upset all the time. :shrug:

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 10:18 am

I can observe my symptoms and conclude that I am a "nut". Having ASD should not mean that a person is a "nut". I had sick sexuality, a lot of magical thinking, blatantly bizarre ideas and fantasies, derailed inclinations... so they are symptoms of "nutness". They were before my 18th birthday.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 6:38 am

I think that I should not have children because I am so "nutty". I may be even unable to have a wife at all. Sexual pleasure or intimate affection may be "narcotics" to me. It is good not to have sexual drive. I want to life without sexual feelings. But I have fear of living alone. It looks like schizotypal suspiciousness. I have "obsessive fear" of being poisoned, harmed by strangers. I may dream about a wife who is an Aspie. I "do not want" the wife who is too different from me. My parents were just married in my current age and they have a child (me :) ). Even a "kook" such as I may want to have stabilisation in life.

Who would want to marry a "nutter" such as I? What is the adult future of the people who are like me? Is being such a "screwball" a "general handicap"? How they would deal with living lonely? I am afraid of living without the care of others, but it may look as a "schizotypal", "kooky" symptom, not a sign of dependant personality. "Nutter" or "kook" may look for me as a "descriptive", even funny, term to describe me.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 12:07 pm

The words such as "nutter", "kook", "screwball" (also Polish counterparts like "świr", "szajbus") may be rather funny than offensive to me. "Nutter" may be associated with nuts (fruits): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_%28fruit%29; "kook" with "cook" ("food-maker") and screwball with a ball (for examble baseball ball) which is rotating...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

12 Jan 2015, 9:56 pm

I'd laugh at the idea of someone actually using the word nutter or kook.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 10:08 pm

IAmTheCatalyst
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2015, 10:16 pm

Rather no, because I am much too used to it. It is also pretty true, and I've come to accept that now that I'm an adult.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

13 Jan 2015, 1:34 pm

Syd wrote:
I haven't had that in ages. Is it still around?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 10:41 am

Nutter Butter - funny :)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 4:17 am

What is the difference between being called a "nutter" and a "nut"? I suppose that "nutter" is "worse" term.

SignOfLazarus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 5:00 am

I'm not sure if you simply mean any kind of disparaging term for mentally ill or specifically "nutter" or "kook" or... the more jovial [I guess?] kind of terms.

But, regardless? I have in the past been full on batshit crazy due to circumstances well outside autism.
However, I "present" really well a lot people tend to label me crazy when I'm just having a very strong minded discussion or because they are being unreasonable and pissed off. Or, I don't know, they simply found out about a "label" I have but they so often have no real concept of what the label entails.

This means pretty much every time if someone makes some kind of disparaging remark regarding my mental health they just really have NO IDEA what they are referring to. I don't have a problem with it because the extent of my ability to be nuts, and further the amount/intensity of actual mentally interesting people I've encountered/interacted with is not evident to whatever jerk is using it as an insult. [I used to do a lot of peer support- frequently with people who were off meds and/or refused other treatment, etc etc. Neither of which I do]

I probably should be insulted because of intention- but it comes from ignorance so... most of the time it's like saying "you are a... a... poopoodingyfoofieface!" I mean there's not a lot of substance if you aren't sure of what you are talking about.

Um... but that's a lot of background so...
This:

TL;DR

"You think I'm crazy? Dude, you have no idea the kind of crazy I've seen. Joke's on you."
Um, but when you laugh at someone who is calling you crazy like they just told you a really funny and inappropriate joke it can sometimes catch them off guard. But laughing disarms a lot of people in a lot of situations- so that's something I realized in general.