20 May 2007, 2:21 am

What do you think of my new avatar. Exterminate :!:

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 3:19 am

I love the old series.
Nice avatar.
Fav doctors...Tom Baker and Peter Davison.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 3:53 am

These Doctor Who appreciation threads are popping up all over now..... :)

On sabbatical...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 3:56 am

New series has bought a new generation of fans.
It is great. :)

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 6:52 am

Yeah...it's cool..., the series and your avatar.

I liked the episode uh...I think it was called "Dalek", the one in the underground ET museum where the Dalek kills itself ‘cause it feels emotion after touching Rose. :wink: The impossible planet was good too, it's a shame the "Devil" didn't get free and start to pound the "peaceful" universe into dust, that would have been cool....

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 7:06 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Yeah...it's cool..., the series and your avatar.

I liked the episode uh...I think it was called "Dalek", the one in the underground ET museum where the Dalek kills itself ‘cause it feels emotion after touching Rose. :wink: The impossible planet was good too, it's a shame the "Devil" didn't get free and start to pound the "peaceful" universe into dust, that would have been cool....

Out of the first two series....

In the first series, my favourite one-parter was "Dalek" and my favourite two-parter was "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances".

In the second series, my favouriter one parters were "School Reunion" and "The Girl in the Fireplace", and my favourite two-parters were "Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel", and "The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit".

But who here has actually watched and liked the old series of Doctor Who?

On sabbatical...

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 2:27 am

I have to admit the old daleks were scarier, I remember a clip from the classics where a man got suffocated by a dalek plunger, now they hardly even shoot lasers. Plus the Cybermen happened to be alot freakier when their heads were socks lol. There are doctor who threads allover this forum its going nuts. Somebody should design a dalek smilie :wink: :) lol that would be cool.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 4:54 am

gismo wrote:
I have to admit the old daleks were scarier, I remember a clip from the classics where a man got suffocated by a dalek plunger, now they hardly even shoot lasers. Plus the Cybermen happened to be alot freakier when their heads were socks lol. There are doctor who threads allover this forum its going nuts. Somebody should design a dalek smilie :wink: :) lol that would be cool.

No plunger had ever suffocated anyone from the classic series. If a Dalek got miffed at someone, they'd screech 'EXTERMINATE' and let them have it with their blasters. It's only in the new series that we see people 'suckered to death'. Besides, having them rarely use their lasers make them somewhat more threatening, as you never know what they've cooked up, and that may be worse.

The first Cybermen are actually a disappointment, except for their voices. They sound so much like actual voice synthesisers on a computer, unlike the cancer kazoos of the Cybermen in the later stories in the 60s (Kudos to Roy Skelton and Peter Hawkins for those first Cyber voices). The Cybermen in the new series sound a bit like those in The Invasion, actually.

On sabbatical...

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 2:02 pm

I like the old series and the new series I've got plenty of DVDs as well

My favourite in each series

Series 1
Bad Wolf/The Parting Of The Ways

Series 2
School Reunion

Series 3 (So far)
Gridlock

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2007, 1:48 am

Quatermass wrote:
gismo wrote:

No plunger had ever suffocated anyone from the classic series. If a Dalek got miffed at someone, they'd screech 'EXTERMINATE' and let them have it with their blasters. It's only in the new series that we see people 'suckered to death'. Besides, having them rarely use their lasers make them somewhat more threatening, as you never know what they've cooked up, and that may be worse.

The first Cybermen are actually a disappointment, except for their voices. They sound so much like actual voice synthesisers on a computer, unlike the cancer kazoos of the Cybermen in the later stories in the 60s (Kudos to Roy Skelton and Peter Hawkins for those first Cyber voices). The Cybermen in the new series sound a bit like those in The Invasion, actually.
I saw it in Black and white on blue peter and it was a proper clip it put its plunger of this guys mouth and he died fair and square

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2007, 2:25 am

gismo wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
gismo wrote:

I saw it in Black and white on blue peter and it was a proper clip it put its plunger of this guys mouth and he died fair and square

Which story? Sure it wasn't this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2AD07uuAfc[/youtube]

On sabbatical...

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2007, 9:42 am

I think is was I never knew dalek plungers could be so stretchy! lol

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2007, 9:46 am

Yay! I'm a fan and I like your avatar.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2007, 5:25 pm

gismo wrote:
I think is was I never knew dalek plungers could be so stretchy! lol

That was from the new series, not the classic one. You're talking to the Doctor Who master. And I at least know that being 'suckered to death' didn't happen until the new series. People got pushed around with the suckers, to be sure....

On sabbatical...