Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 5:26 am

Have you ever learned about someone who had the same first name and last name as you?

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2016, 5:50 am

The only one I know about is about ten, and she's from England.

There was a story someone wrote which had a character with my name. It was embarrassing because she was from Australia and had five children, and I think their dad was someone from One Direction. I'm glad it isn't a result on Google anymore because my last name isn't common and I was worried people would think I wrote it.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 10:15 am

Yep. She and I do business at the same bank. Found out about her a few years back when the bank got our accounts mixed up. Thankfully no real damage was done. Now I make sure to tell them that I am not the one who lives on Emily St.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 10:16 am

There is nobody with my name. It would have been cool, though.

People have accused me of being a Doppelganger for Robin Williams.

catunderfoot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2016, 10:18 am

Not anybody in "real life." I have seen a few on Facebook. It's interesting. I have a sort of standard sort of name (Courtney was big in the 80s), so there were a few of them.

helloarchy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2016, 10:41 am

There is the actor Robert Hardy (played Cornelius Fudge in Harry Potter), and the author Thomas Hardy (wrote Far From the Madding Crowd and Mayor of Casterbridge). My brother shares names with one, and I share names with the other. We also happen to live in Dorset, England, where Thomas Hardy lived and wrote most of his works. Dorset is often called "Hardy's county", so people often connect our surname with where we live, and the famous author himself.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 12:39 am

LonelyJar wrote:
Have you ever learned about someone who had the same first name and last name as you?

Yes and the bugger has all the domain names i needed at the time! He was also a musician, a christian musician, im just the lost spiritual hang player, would often get religious emails on social media thinking i was he.. Which was quite fun to play with :twisted:

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 1:25 am

I've got a distant cousin with my given name and my surname. I've never met him, though.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 2:10 am

There are a few people with an Ezra Shea account on verious public media sites. But Ezra Shea is not my full name. My full name is very rare I believe. So no exact name doppelganger.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 7:59 am

I've never heard of anybody, in person, that had the same first AND last names; but, though it's not very common, I've heard of a few people who had my LAST name----one guy, was at the same Command as me, and I would sometimes get his pay-stub.

I've also heard / read my LAST name, in a few movies / books----ONE movie, the character had my FIRST AND LAST names.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 8:21 am

Yes. A girl 4 years younger than me, living 2 houses away.
She often gets quoted in local newspaper because she is active socially and people sometimes ask me if it was me.
It's a pain because I am not even interested in the things she likes, take aside our different opinions.

In city hall and doctors office we are recognized by having different PESELs(personal identity number everyone gets at birth).

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Sep 2016, 8:24 am

There are a few in existence but I've never known anyone with the same last name let alone whole name

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 8:26 am

My first name is very common.

My last name is rather rare, but not as rare as I thought it was as a child.

Nobody ever had my name before.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 1:58 pm

No. My first name is uncommon in this country/generation. My last name is common enough, but I've met only one or two people who share it.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 2:22 pm

I have four names [though my last name is technically two names hyphenated], so who knows what the chances are of meeting someone with the same name as me.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2016, 11:44 am

I share my first and last names with a famous person (deceased). I've never met anyone else with the same name, but someone I know has (met someone else with my name).