Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2016, 4:40 pm

Do you ever feel like goofy things are always happening to you?

Here are a few examples from my life

I was in an accident recently. The cop and the tow truck were there. I gave my statement to the cop and gave him my license and registration. He told the tow guy to load my car up. Tow guy says get in the cab, I thought it was just to sign paperwork, but he takes off and I tell him, hey the cop still has my license. By the time we got back the cop was gone. we called dispatch but they said it would be hours before I could get it back because he was on another run. Could not even get a rental. Got it back later that day.

When I was a kid I was feeding our dogs out by our barn. I looked up in the window of the barn door and I saw something fuzzy and purple. I went running in yelling "a monster is in the barn. My mom's boyfriend (who turned out to be a car thief) took out his pistol and checked it out. It was a horse with a blanket on.

Interested to see if this is common, share your stories.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 7:10 pm

One of my cats, who is sadly no longer with me, potty trained himself.

My first cat, a Lynx (tabby) point Siamese, enjoyed music.

I have been watching tennis for over ten years, but was motivated to pick up a racquet myself back in 2015. The year before, I turned on the television and saw Russian-born Uzbek tennis player Denis Istomin. My interest in him started, strangely enough, because I saw him getting a "medical time out." I felt compassion for him and became interested in the match. Denis was a very good sport and asked his opponent if he was okay after he had slipped and fallen on court. Denis lost that match in straight sets, but his kindness and good sportsmanship stood out for me.

After that, I looked up Denis Istomin's story on the Internet. it turned out he was in a serious car accident as a teenager in Uzbekistan and doctors said he would never play tennis again. With the love and guidance of his mother, Klaudiya Istomina, he did play again and made the ATP tour at age eighteen. Powerful story!

Denis Istomin has become a source of inspiration for me as I work toward my own goals.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 7:17 pm

I could write a whole book (and actually did ten years ago) about the oddities and unusual things my pets have done. It wasn't published, but it was sure fun to write!