Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 12:10 am

Do you have a favorite item of clothing?

I used to have a sweater from LLBean that was made out of a fabric that looked like a teddy bear (not furry but matted). I had altered the cuffs and collar to make it more comfortable. I wore it around the house every day, for years, except in the summertime. It was my comfort sweater. By the end it was in pretty bad shape, but I never wore it out of the house.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 12:42 am

For about 15 years I had a pair of black satin PJ bottoms with cotton lining inside. I think they were made as jogging attire but I wore them for sleep and leisure. I could roll around easily on my bedlinens because of the satin not rubbing, but they felt like soft cotton on my skin. I was obsessed with them and wore them literally 24/7 in the house whether I was awake or asleep. I even wore them out of the house on late-night runs to the store or whatever.

Over time the legs both ripped all the way up to my knees because I stepped on the hems often, when going downstairs. I walked around like a pirate with the flayed legs. The elastic waistband was really stretched out and the drawstring was long gone, so they were always falling down. I had to walk with one hand holding the waistband to keep them on me.

Then I cut them off to the knee like long shorts so I wouldn't trip on the torn parts. I started trying to find the exact pair on eBay by questioning several sellers of used athletic wear and asking them to describe exactly what the satin and cotton felt like to touch. I actually bought someone's used pair and paid a fortune in international shipping. They weren't the same and I was going to complain to the person that they'd described the touch-feel incorrectly but decided to give up and call it a day.

Then I started sleeping without bottoms and I've honestly never been happier lol.

I didn't even mourn for them.

Now, I think my favourite is a very old ELO concert tshirt. Hey, I'm wearing it now. Imagine.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 12:44 am

My pea green bellbottom sweat pants. Those are the best trousers that I have. I wear them to all the fancy dinners that I go to.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 2:27 am

My Doc Marten boots.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 3:39 am

Any top that's long past my hips and is thick/tricky enough for me to not need wear bra underneath without making my nipples visible, and just wear matching leggings underneath it.

So far, I only had 3 of these; one is missing however it's more of my sleepwear.
One is too short, hoping I can have it recreated with the same cloth with longer sleeves and longer torso cover...

But the other was perfect...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 2:59 pm

I have a paisley shirt I got from Red Cross years ago. It was on the dummy in the window so I thought it would be just right for me.
It's cotton, long sleeved, and mainly black and pink but with lots of other colous too.
Inside the collar and cuffs is a fabic that's different from the main fabric but has the same colours.
It fits me really well and every time I wear it I get compliments.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 3:07 pm

In 1980 I started patching a pair of black jeans with leather.
By 2000 there was no original fabric still visible.
When I stopped smoking in 2010 and put on 20 Kg they became too small.
Now I've cut the legs open and I'm patching again.
I really hope I'll be finished for my party on the 7th

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 9:43 pm

It's kind of great to have these items that we become attached to.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2024, 10:49 pm

i have a suit jacket i like
it's the perfect balance of formal and casual, i wore it every day at my first job at a thrift store (which is where i bought the item) i no longer fit into it but keep it for sentimental value. its the only piece in my closet that i keep for sentiment