Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ChaosCascade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2024, 7:18 pm

What's the stance here on Marijuana? I'm a smoker but I do struggle with impulse control with ot when I'm able to.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 7:33 pm

There's no stance.
Everyone is free to have their own opinion or experience.
Some people use heavily and others not at all.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 7:40 pm

I support full legalization, mostly so people aren't harassed by cops, and fewer people of color go to jail.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 7:46 pm

^I agree that's the most important issue.

I'm in favor of marijuana for people who enjoy it. I don't enjoy it myself because it only makes me more tired and I'm already chronically exhausted.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 7:48 pm

I think it would solve a lot of problems if it were legalized. On a personal note, it helps my PTSD when my anxiety is bad. It would be nice if it were easier for people to access who would benefit from it.

ChaosCascade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2024, 7:49 pm

bee33 wrote:
^I agree that's the most important issue.

I'm in favor of marijuana for people who enjoy it. I don't enjoy it myself because it only makes me more tired and I'm already chronically exhausted.

Right now I haven't smoked in a while and I feel urged to go to a shop, to get pre rolls because it would relieve the stress I'm feeling right now. I feel urged when it comes to impulse spending like this.

ChaosCascade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2024, 7:55 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I think it would solve a lot of problems if it were legalized. On a personal note, it helps my PTSD when my anxiety is bad. It would be nice if it were easier for people to access who would benefit from it.

Same here one thing I hate about it is the Stoner culture that glorifies it and acts better because they smoke.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 7:56 pm

I don't use it very often and have never bought it myself despite it being legal, but my partner and my kids always have some around. My partner found a strain that helps with my PTSD and really relaxes me, but it's hard to find opportunities to enjoy it because I have many responsibilities which involve driving.

For sure it should be legal everywhere.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 8:08 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I support full legalization, mostly so people aren't harassed by cops, and fewer people of color go to jail.

Yeah, I agree. I posted this elsewhere, recently:

https://www.sentencingproject.org/repor ... -policing/

Quote:
A 2020 analysis by the American Civil Liberties Union, concluded, “Black people are 3.64 times more likely than white people to be arrested for marijuana possession, notwithstanding comparable usage rates.” Authors reported, “In every single state, Black people were more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession, and in some states, Black people were up to six, eight, or almost ten times more likely to be arrested. In 31 states, racial disparities were actually larger in 2018 than they were in 2010.”

https://norml.org/marijuana/fact-sheets ... rests/?amp

ChaosCascade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2024, 8:33 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I posted this elsewhere, recently:

https://www.sentencingproject.org/repor ... -policing/

Quote:
A 2020 analysis by the American Civil Liberties Union, concluded, “Black people are 3.64 times more likely than white people to be arrested for marijuana possession, notwithstanding comparable usage rates.” Authors reported, “In every single state, Black people were more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession, and in some states, Black people were up to six, eight, or almost ten times more likely to be arrested. In 31 states, racial disparities were actually larger in 2018 than they were in 2010.”

https://norml.org/marijuana/fact-sheets ... rests/?amp

People will spend 15-20 years for a certain amount of weed but rapists and pedophiles will easily get 4-5 years.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 8:53 pm

ChaosCascade wrote:
Same here one thing I hate about it is the Stoner culture that glorifies it and acts better because they smoke.

Stoner....but uncultured. :D

enz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 9:25 pm

ChaosCascade wrote:
What's the stance here on Marijuana? I'm a smoker but I do struggle with impulse control with ot when I'm able to.

fine if it doesn't trigger mental illness or too much lack of motivation

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 10:15 pm

I'd be happy to do pot as a way of dealing with my chronic pain.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 8:44 am

I like the way that it's pronounced in England.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 8:56 am

It should be legalized for medical use federally. Where I live, I do not want it legalized for recreational use though, as too many constantly abuse it. Heavy usage does cause damage to the brain and I can plainly see it in students that I teach. I never touch the stuff, nor any other drug (including alcohol). My brain is too important to me to lose.

You can hate me, but that is where I stand on it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 10:35 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
It should be legalized for medical use federally. Where I live, I do not want it legalized for recreational use though, as too many constantly abuse it. Heavy usage does cause damage to the brain and I can plainly see it in students that I teach. I never touch the stuff, nor any other drug (including alcohol). My brain is too important to me to lose.

You can hate me, but that is where I stand on it.

Why hate you when the pro-legalization crowd can just focus on winning on this issue? :scratch:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell