Does anyone find random things funny/laugh randomly?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

DancingSunflower13
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2024, 1:13 pm

I do.. I like most kinds of humor as well. But, I wanted to know if anyone else here just laughs at really random things or thinks about funny stuff out of nowhere while dying of laughter? After lunch, I thought about a Reddit post about someone being scared of bugs and hearing a giant bug make helicopter sounds- and I am also laughing at the robot college scene from Bob's Burgers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 1:51 pm

I'll notice things and see something funny in it that usually can't be explained to anyone else, so I end up looking like I'm laughing randomly.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 2:04 pm

I used to always start laughing at something that I remembered from years back and that would look like I was laughing randomly

It doesn't really happen to me anymore

DancingSunflower13
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2024, 2:44 pm

babybird wrote:
I used to always start laughing at something that I remembered from years back and that would look like I was laughing randomly

I love the PFP! Not just because of Bug's Bunny, but because of Chungus

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 3:13 pm

DancingSunflower13 wrote:
babybird wrote:

I love the PFP! Not just because of Bug's Bunny, but because of Chungus

Spotting Irony , is a habit of mine or if something or someones respose to something is incongruet.....
can make me laugh.... 8O :D :D :D :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 4:53 pm

Yes. Usually something that happens will make me think of something funny and I'll start laughing for no apparent reason.

What I don't understand is how this doesn't happen to some people. Do they suppress the laughter? Do they not think of these things, or no longer find them funny? NTs are so confusing.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 10:26 pm

I'm always laughing about random things.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 2:52 pm

Have known in the past that myself and at least two other Aspies , have had to diagram their humour to NTs in the past.
And often have noticed that some Aspies, information in their manner of speech and concepts. That often can trigger confusion in a NT for a lack of knowledge of the logic path of a Aspie . Often Aspies seem to take for granted that their knowledge base is universal to normal humans.
Often because have observed this in many NT / Aspie interactions, that found myself acting as a translator for some
of their interactions . As well as they have helped me with my interactions on occasion . :heart:
Can make me smile once in awhile.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 3:31 pm

When I actually laugh out loud at something I find it's not just because it's funny, but it's surprising. If I'm expecting something to be funny then I usually don't laugh other than chuckling or just feeling amused.

And sometimes it's at the silliest things, like this one time when I was younger (late teens-early 20s) I was watching Sesame Street, and there was a scene where Bob plays a game with Big Bird, where Bob says a word and Big Bird has to say the opposite. There was a running gag where Big Bird never realizes when the game with Bob is over, and starts to annoy him, but this still didn't prepare me for the outcome. After they play the game for a bit, and Big Bird guesses the opposites of all the words Bob says "Very good, Big Bird", and Big Bird says, "Very Bad, Big Bird" And then Bob says "No, we're not playing this game any more." And Big Bird says "More? Uh...less!" Then Bob goes "Arrrgh!!" or something to that effect as he walks away, annoyed. Big Bird says, "Gee, I can't think of an opposite for that." Then he follows Bob and asks, "Hey Bob, is the opposite maybe 'EEYUUGH?"

And then I just died. I just couldn't stop laughing because the silly, high pitched sound Big Bird just made, which he thought might be the opposite of an annoyed grunt. I guess then the opposite of Homer's "D'oh!" might be "Duh?" :lol:

FemmeDimanche
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2024, 5:50 pm

Absolutely. I tend to laugh at things because I find the concept absurd or stupid. It's the driving force behind a lot of my humor.

Fallon.T
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Oct 2024, 10:44 pm

Mostly I don't find things funny unless they make sense logically are witty or have some causal factors involved in them. But on occasion sometimes I find it hysterical when people are acting too seriously. Can anyone relate?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 11:31 pm

Just the thing I have about hippies. If I'm ever in the hospital, I want a Brady Bunch hippie for a nurse.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 11:35 pm

Not a bad thing to feel or see the sillyness in the world has to offer...better than the reverse. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 11:44 pm

moi Aussi. I laugh at things other people don't really get. I'm used to having to diagram my humor for others not on the same risibility wavelength.