Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sillylilgoober
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2024, 10:36 am

such as reddit,4chan,etc (I cant think of any other site)

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 10:48 am

In online life, as in real life, I prefer to be around fewer people. Those big sites, even subdivided down, are impenetrable to me. Sometimes if I search for something google will find the answer on reddit and I'll use it that way but I don't read it or post there. My understanding of 4Chan is that it's a hive of conspiracy theories and misinformation. That's entirely secondhand though, I've never been there, so it may be the best thing ever.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 10:53 am

I tend to stick to sites that I trust such as WP, BBC news/weather, Gmail, Google search, Asda groceries, My banking provider. Never got scammed so far in 20 years on the net..

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

arjen37
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2024, 11:10 am

I know the forums you mentioned, but they are not interesting. Way too autism unfriendly (people).

Besides fora (wrongplanet, autbreak.nl, autsider.net) on autism in the Netherlands I am member of some Facebookgroups. The first ones gain popularity with me because of the way they are organized. Facebook is mostly repeating questions from new members, answered by the same people. Although they can have thousands of members, they are mostly dead.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 11:45 am

I prefer WP over the other sites. You can't even choose your own avatar on Reddit.