Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 12:14 pm

It's truly unbelievable but I must - I just must - boast about my newest winning :D :D :D It's a brand new Samsung TV set 8O 8O 8O There were just 10 such sets people were supposed to win in the contest and I was one of those 10 lucky folks :D I wrote how I support my favorite sport teams together with my family - even if I hate sports (no wonder - with my bad case of dyspraxia :x ). And I won :D Did you ever win anything that expensive? :) It's my mom who is going to get my winning for her bedroom - her old TV set is already old and breaking down.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 12:28 pm

Congratulations on your newly minted TV set! :mrgreen:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 12:31 pm

Thank you very much :D It's one of my three best winnings ever - together with the voucher for buying pieces of furniture and the game console (actually there were two consoles I won but I sold one of them). :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 2:50 pm

That's fantastic news

Well done you

How big is it BTW?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 4:13 pm

It's a 55-inch TV set. My mom will love using it :D She didn't believe me at first when I told her I won (after I exclaimed very loudly and cheerfully, "oh, s**t" :twisted:) - she said: "no way" - to which I replied: "No, I swear" :D I swear I really won. Her old TV set is already old.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 2:56 am

good for you. I never won anything, I tried winning Bryan Adams conert tickets from the radio decades ago.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 5:00 am

Congratulations.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 5:12 am

Thank you all :) I couldn't fall asleep the evening before, out of pure excitation :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 8:48 am

Irulan wrote:
It's a 55-inch TV set. My mom will love using it :D She didn't believe me at first when I told her I won (after I exclaimed very loudly and cheerfully, "oh, s**t" :twisted:) - she said: "no way" - to which I replied: "No, I swear" :D I swear I really won. Her old TV set is already old.

Wow that'll fill the wall

It's bigger than my living room one :lol:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 12:22 pm

It is going to stand on the table and not hang from the wall of mom's bedroom :D It's indeed bigger than her previous TV set. My mom didn't even believe me at first when I told her I just won - she thought I was joking because she was sure I had no chance to win because there were so many people who entered the contest - no idea how many but they had to be numerous because it was such a great winning :D She instantly phoned our ousin and her brother to boast about my winning :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 1:25 pm

You're a lucky one you are

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 1:45 pm

Maybe start entering contests too :D I love especially the Facebook ones. Now I'm wearing some jewellery I also won in the past - a charm bracelet, a necklace with a pendant and a ring. Today in turn I won some money - it's 100 Polish zlotys. I'm going to buy a new bracelet charm for this money.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 1:53 pm

Where do you find these contests?

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 1:55 pm

I just type down the word "contest" in the Facebook search engine - that's all :D - but I know also some Polish website with contests and I use it. My bedroom is filled with all sorts of contest winnings - books, cd albums etc. And in my mom's bedroom there is a big box filled with body care cosmetics won by me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 2:01 pm

Thank you.
Now I'm conflicted between wanting free stuff and really not wanting to use Facebook. :lol:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 2:06 pm

Maybe try to find some contest websites - I'm sure there must be some such sites on the net but I know only of the Polish ones :) And Facebook isn't the only place where you can win. For example, my new TV set isn't from Facebook. Now mom and me don't even need to buy most stuff like cosmetics, books etc. because my winnings give us almost everything we need. For example, I don't need new trousers right now because I bought two new pairs for the vouchers I won. And I have a brand new pair of winter boots - from the same source :D