Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 6:13 pm

I'm moving to a larger house with 2 living areas. It's all carpeted and I'm getting old. I think a robot vacuum may be the way to go. Anybody owned or used one? Do you recommend them? Are they quiet?

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 11:22 am

Postperson wrote:
I'm moving to a larger house with 2 living areas. It's all carpeted and I'm getting old. I think a robot vacuum may be the way to go. Anybody owned or used one? Do you recommend them? Are they quiet?
i have rreeadet a lot of em..and well they are expensive one magazine testet 800€ philips robot vacuum it was guiet..but here are wew minus sides

-sometimes problems getting to dock to empty load but it finally did it after wew try
-after testing tester needet to get a real vacuum to finish the job..though robot was there only ½ hour cleaning ....so best option is turn it on when u go work and turn off after coming back..it needs hour or 2 to get job done...but it didint hit at table leg etc at all in test:)

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 4:38 pm

ok, thanks. I expect I'll have to use a standard vacuum sometimes as well, especially for the edges, but they sound like the right solution when you've got too much space and too much carpet.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 5:46 pm

they are:)..and they do conners fine too:)

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

31 Jan 2008, 6:02 pm

I have a Roomba; have used it for about a year, and generally can recommend it. It lives on the middle floor of my cabin, and I turn it loose each night to help me keep things straight. SOP is to come home, hit the "Max" button, and let it go around and do its thing; then it has a little pop-out bin that I empty into the trash; and, I have to tell you, I get a giddy little thrill every time I do that and I know that gunk is in the trash rather than all over the floor.

Once every month or so, I need to pull it apart and clean it. Other than that, fairly low maintenance. It's not terribly loud, but I would not call it quiet either.

Works like a charm on hard floors; OK on carpet. Better in areas that are not too congested; I have to make slight alterations to the arrangement of things so it does not get "trapped" anywhere, or end up trying to eat cords or knocking things over. It finds it's way back to its charging station about 85% of the time.

Good fortune,

- Icarus enjoys having a cleaning droid...

Ledzeppelinrules
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2008, 6:12 pm

Postperson wrote:

I've also heard that they don't do a good job cleaning

Robert Plant quote

viska
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 6:38 pm

They do a good "light" vacuuming, but you will have to do the whole floor with a real vacuum every so often since there's some stuff they don't get.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 1:33 pm

nah..tecnick is still in its child shoes..but it developping