I despretly need help I'm failing at YouTube

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

WillTheSpartan1997
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

My name is Will I'm 17 years old and I have aspergers syndrome and I need help. For almost 3 years I've been trying to entertain people on youtube and be famous but I'm not anywhere near it. What I do is video game related videos like in my favorite series was 4 action figures (in the beginning it was two) play video games and have video game adventures but it hasn't got any views and I did a RackaRacka style video where it was Titanfall vs. Starcraft and nobody watched and I was depressed because I put Money into this and made a mess out of my house and It only got 5 views in 2 weeks. Ihaven't done this yet but I want Youtube to be my job but the problem is getting subscibers I barley have enough to make the requirment of 1,000 subscribers to make money and my parents are literly forcing me to get a job and I want to do Youtube and streaming as a job. I have done all the tips like good tags, a schedule, inertactions, and plans and yet nothing. I feel depressed becuase this is what I like doing and yet nobody cares what should I do.

here's a example of my work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiQH-bW5lc

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:10 pm

I have read that, because of YouTube.com shifting its focus to compete with Hulu and others, and because of the existing base of personal YouTube.com channels, it is difficult at best to strike gold these days. That doesn't mean you shouldn't publish your best work, but understand that the odds are against anyone succeeding.

But, I might be wrong. Good luck, regardless! :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

...Hm .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 6:11 pm

...Well , I'm homeless , have an open wound in my foot , am in pain , the local hospital told me " go away " , I have insect infections making me itch :( on the only clothes I have , I am losing my sense of balance/ability to walk well after being denied rehab care after having had both my big toes amputated for a diabetic bone infection ~ Yes , sir , you sure got problems ! :cry:

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 6:24 pm

The rule of thumb I've always seen (and personally experienced) is that it takes 3-5 years for a business to become profitable. Everyone wants to cite stories of quick success, but in reality they are the exception.

A job now to generate some cash flow while continuing to refine and gain audience for your videos might be a prudent business direction for the time being.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 6:32 pm

Marky9 is right -- it's good advice to get a job while also continuing to pursue your YouTube venture steadily. Overnight success is a rare event that isn't even as "overnight" as it's painted, too.

I'm currently reading a really interesting book about the pursuit of an artistic goal:

"Ignore Everybody: And 39 Other Keys to Creativity"

This guy found success with cartoon doodles at a time when he had a great conventional job and could afford to not need for his creative pursuit to work out or get him money, yet that's what happened.

He's written this book all about how to pursue a creative dream (next great novel, rock star, etc) while also giving realistic advice about how long that may take, what to expect, and also keeping your day job. ; )

The trouble with YouTube is that it's actually really hard, slow going to build enough of an audience to start making any money at it. Even some people who have started to say it's literally only a few dollars dribbling in.

The standout successes whose stuff goes viral and earns them a million or something are few and far between. That doesn't mean you shouldn't keep pursuing your goal, just that it's harder to achieve than one might think.

FullMetalAspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jun 2015, 8:19 pm

WillTheSpartan1997 wrote:
My name is Will I'm 17 years old and I have aspergers syndrome and I need help. For almost 3 years I've been trying to entertain people on youtube and be famous but I'm not anywhere near it. What I do is video game related videos like in my favorite series was 4 action figures (in the beginning it was two) play video games and have video game adventures but it hasn't got any views and I did a RackaRacka style video where it was Titanfall vs. Starcraft and nobody watched and I was depressed because I put Money into this and made a mess out of my house and It only got 5 views in 2 weeks. Ihaven't done this yet but I want Youtube to be my job but the problem is getting subscibers I barley have enough to make the requirment of 1,000 subscribers to make money and my parents are literly forcing me to get a job and I want to do Youtube and streaming as a job. I have done all the tips like good tags, a schedule, inertactions, and plans and yet nothing. I feel depressed becuase this is what I like doing and yet nobody cares what should I do.

Well first of all it said your video was unlisted.
when I clicked on your channel to look at other videos you posted there were none only liked videos.
I couldn't even find your halo video that you linked here when I looked at your channel.
I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

FullMetalAspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jun 2015, 9:13 pm

OK now I see that you commented on your channel that you got a copyright strike so now your videos are private.
you cant expect to get subs if no one can see or find your videos. I wouldn't give up though if they will still allow you to make vids on your channel maybe find I new way to entertain people that will not get you strikes on your channel.
good luck.

WillTheSpartan1997

09 Jun 2015, 2:14 am

FullMetalAspie wrote:
OK now I see that you commented on your channel that you got a copyright strike so now your videos are private.
you cant expect to get subs if no one can see or find your videos. I wouldn't give up though if they will still allow you to make vids on your channel maybe find I new way to entertain people that will not get you strikes on your channel.
good luck.

I deleted most of my videos in order to have a fresh start soon

WillTheSpartan1997

09 Jun 2015, 2:16 am

FullMetalAspie wrote:
WillTheSpartan1997 wrote:

Well first of all it said your video was unlisted.
when I clicked on your channel to look at other videos you posted there were none only liked videos.
I couldn't even find your halo video that you linked here when I looked at your channel.
I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

I got rid of most of my videos in order to have a frsh start soon

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 10:53 am

I'm glad you are choosing a fresh start as opposed to giving up.

Entrepreneurship involves making a lot of boo-boo's, learning from them, and then applying that learning during the next attempt. Intellectual Property matters can be tricky to manage, yet working in media they are very important. I think it is a good thing this came up now as opposed to after you had published, say, 20 videos.