If anyone lives in North Carolina....

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 3:27 pm

Who's familiar with this high school work-study program called OCS (Occupational Course Of Study)?

PS: I think probably most of the members here from NC will probably be unfamiliar with that because they're either not my age, not in high school, was never in a special ed class, or don't live in the part of the state I live in (I live in High Point).

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 4:09 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
Who's familiar with this high school work-study program called OCS (Occupational Course Of Study)?

PS: I think probably most of the members here from NC will probably be unfamiliar with that because they're either not my age, not in high school, was never in a special ed class, or don't live in the part of the state I live in (I live in High Point).

You're right, I'm not familiar with that. I live in North Carolina but I don't fit any of the other criteria. :?

tksteph
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 May 2008, 6:31 pm

hmm. I don't i know about that, but at my school we do have different graduation "pathways", those being college, college-tech, and career. At my school if you're on the career pathway you don't have to take as many science or foreign language classes and you take classes like drafting or auto-mechanics instead. i think they also let you do work or internships at places and it counts as high-school credit.

Is it different where you live?

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 6:31 pm

I'm in NC but never heard of that. Sounds practical though, if it's anything like vocational study or an apprenticeship it would probably have helped me a lot.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 7:03 pm

tksteph wrote:
hmm. I don't i know about that, but at my school we do have different graduation "pathways", those being college, college-tech, and career. At my school if you're on the career pathway you don't have to take as many science or foreign language classes and you take classes like drafting or auto-mechanics instead. i think they also let you do work or internships at places and it counts as high-school credit.

Is it different where you live?

Yeah, I think so.