Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 2:49 pm

I heard that you can tell a lot about a person from the contents of their purse. I am wondering how true this is because it would seem to me that there are a lot of items that would be assumed commonly found in a purse and if everyone has basically the same things then how much would you really know about them other than assuming that they are exactly like you?

I also know that a lot of people don't like other people knowing what they keep in their purse so I won't ask, but it might be fun to share and see how much we can tell about each other :D

My purse:

toothpicks, floss, 11 pennies and 2 dimes, a checkbook, sunglasses, old movie tickets, coupons, a broken watch, hand moisturizer, a little bit of cash, batteries, a calculator, IDs, old mail, tic tacs, and something sticky at the bottom that is starting to gross me out. I should probably clean that up while I've got everyting out. Ew.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 3:31 pm

school purse or weekend purse?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 4:05 pm

I need to get a new puse I normally can't afford them. I have one that has folk art b/c I like to be different. I carry crap in there like I'm camping b/c usually I don't end up staying in one place when I go anywhere. Don't have a car to bail out if I'm stuck.

Just wanted to add..I did not know that men also carried purses up until recently. Only they're not called purses but murses LOL. I saw one guy carry his around that looked something like this.....

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 4:13 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I need to get a new puse I normally can't afford them. I have one that has folk art b/c I like to be different. I carry crap in there like I'm camping b/c usually I don't end up staying in one place when I go anywhere. Don't have a car to bail out if I'm stuck.

Just wanted to add..I did not know that men also carried purses up until recently. Only they're not called purses but murses LOL. I saw one guy carry his around that looked something like this.....

It's not a purse its a knapsack :evil:, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

although could i list what i have in my wallet:
!. a smithsonian membership card
2.a ticket that allows me to take job surveys(it was for school)
3.business card for my eye doctor
4.an EB edge card that gets me 10% off used games at any gamestop or Eb games store.

I suppose the thing you've noticed is that I didn't list money or a drivers license or even an ID card. well I should be getting my ID this week, and my drivers permit, can't do anything about the money until i get a job.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 4:44 pm

Can we guys post what we have in our wallets too?

Well, since darkstone took the initiative.

I don't have that much, just a bank card, cards for every doctor I see, my dad's drivers license, my drivers license, a spare key to my truck, a photo of my niece and nephew, and occasionally money.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 5:15 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
Can we guys post what we have in our wallets too?

Anybody can post if they want to and I should have added wallets to the topic, sorry. Even if you don't have a purse or a wallet you can talk about what you would put in one if you had one. There are no limits here, it's just for fun.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 8:42 pm

I have no "purse". I have a wallet with many plastic cards. :lol: :lol:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 8:51 pm

You do realize that there are men who do carry murses that look exactly like purses right?

I saw a guy carrying the exact thing of that pic and was shocked!! 8O

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:17 pm

Yes MissConstrue, I know, and yes I did see the "Friends" episode about the "manpurse."
It is a sachel, gymbag, etc. I do have these items to carry school books to class and work,yet I do not have a "manpurse." I have never been interested in a womans' pures or its contents. Call me old fashioned I was just trying to be chatty you all sorry if I offended you.

LenaMarie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2008, 2:31 am

twilight, P&P, the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime, 3 pencils, 4 pens, a toy ninja, a bus schedule, trident gum (minus 4 pieces), a scketch book, and pokemon fire red for the gameboy.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 3:37 am

preludeman wrote:
Yes MissConstrue, I know, and yes I did see the "Friends" episode about the "manpurse."
It is a sachel, gymbag, etc. I do have these items to carry school books to class and work,yet I do not have a "manpurse." I have never been interested in a womans' pures or its contents. Call me old fashioned I was just trying to be chatty you all sorry if I offended you.

Oh no not this again....I wasn't even offended. But now I'm wondering...are you trying to irk me or something?

I wasn't specifically responding to you in any way. Did my second post even sound mad? :hmph:

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 9:50 am

No MissConstrue I was not trying to "irk" you. It must be how I am reading this.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 10:00 am

Checkbook, credit cards, I.D. card, library card, pet and people pics, pens and pencils, key for my locker at work, 2008 calendar book with a picture of a cat on it.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 10:24 am

I have my wallet, check-book, a pen, cloth-bag with change in it, and my car keys.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 12:59 pm

LenaMarie wrote:
twilight, P&P, the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime, 3 pencils, 4 pens, a toy ninja, a bus schedule, trident gum (minus 4 pieces), a scketch book, and pokemon fire red for the gameboy.

A TOY NINJA!! !! :thumright: