Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2008, 10:39 am

Avoidance, for there seems no remedy! The mother is raising the voice a little too frequently and the yearly breakages continue to mount despite age and notable consideration.

Last edited by Jenk on 20 Aug 2008, 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 12:31 pm

1) turn around slower, never turn and move in that direction at the same time
2) ensure the object has somewhere safe to go if you should drop it
3) if you get threatened then tell them to do it instead as "I'm obviously incapable of washing dishes without breaking/damaging them" <- with sarcasm

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2008, 2:35 pm

Latter appreciated. Though I did suggest reading an actual book, with reference to poor motor co-ordination and spatial awareness. Gosh darn it! Never mind, I'll just turn slowly, prancing my way through many many pillows scattered strategically about the place. Good call.

Last edited by Jenk on 20 Aug 2008, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntrospectiveLoser
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2008, 3:23 pm

I can't seem to walk down the hall way with out staggering into one picture lined wall or the other.
How I manage this, I will never completely understand.

Or running into a door frame head first.

I've figured one thing out though, if you look in a direction, your feet are more likely to go that way, weither you told them too or not.

I do better with the hall when I look straight down it, rather then get distracted with the pictures and bump into them.

Its the same thing with driving. A lot of people who pull over get hit by other cars because the drivers still on the road turn their head to look, and then they drive that way with out thinking about what they are doing.

I always take my time standing up too, because standing up too quickly and then trying to walk right after wards leads to stumbles and stubbed toes.

I always try to hold something, find my balance, and then attempt to walk a straight line.
:P

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2008, 4:17 pm

That's actually pretty helpful advice there! Cheers! Think i'll try focusing on direction as opposed to the curvatures in the ceiling for a while. I'm usually fiddling with something, my turquoise stone (which i should replace with putty apparently :( ) instead of a sturdier object, best work on that 8)

Last edited by Jenk on 20 Aug 2008, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 5:14 pm

IntrospectiveLoser wrote:
A lot of people who pull over get hit by other cars because the drivers still on the road turn their head to look, and then they drive that way with out thinking about what they are doing.

I notice some people look in a direction and unconsciously the wheel goes with them, I am lucky as I can separate myself from that limb. If I have anything smack into it, it just goes numb automatically. That part of the hand is then pulled back at a fast rate of speed and my shoulder stays in the same position when the event occurred. Sometimes I can't keep up.

ghouna
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Aug 2008, 5:23 pm

~I've got days when i am breaking a lot of things! the other day i broke two glasses and one bowl... in an hour. i dont know how i did it.
(i am also cutting, burning, pinching, bumping myself all the time! i am scars on my feet where i drop a knife. i cut my finger with a huge knife, when i wanted to cut a piece of cake... leaving a scar on my thumb.. burn my hands when i took somethings out of the oven, without gloves on...)

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 5:46 pm

I used to be a bit fumbly, breaking/dropping things, but it got
so annoying that i had try and do something. It was either trying
to be even more careful or go in the other direction. So i made a habbit
of throwing things into the air and grabbing them, toothbrush, toothpaste,
glasses, whatever, and slowly my skills and reflexes improved and the
problem got smaller. The habbit is strong now, do it all the day through
without noticing it, its a easy way to improve some skills slowly over time
sometimes i find myself juggling food into my basket at the store :)
i`ll bet that looks weird, things flying around as i walk

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2008, 5:53 pm

That's already a minor habit, will increase the frequency, ta.

IntrospectiveLoser
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2008, 8:57 pm

You know, I never thought of doing things like that.

Makes so much sense though! Practice makes perfect!

:D

I'm going to draw a line down the hall way with masking tape and practice walking straight lines~

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2008, 7:26 am

Oh the mockery, but this really does frustrate the pants off of my mother and she is really rather RUDE... To the masking tape.

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2008, 7:40 am

i had help with my co-ordination when i was younger. i still can't ride a bike but hell when i was 4 i was falling over twice a day atleast... im 15 now and last time i remember falling over was... over a year ago... and... last time i broke somthing? i cant actually remember... um... nope. can't remember it. but anywho. seeing a doctor to get reffered to someone who could help might... help... odd sentance ^^. but yeah. i figure it probably really helped me... but i was clearly to young to notice the change if it did. (great thing is they used to make it really fun for me. i used to look forward to it!)